Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Hybrid View

Default The Rules or Lack There Of

Don't know if it's royalton influence but security isn't enforcing any rules at all. Random guys do their pants and swim while the wife stays dressed on the shore. Then there's the people who show up with bottoms on. Multiple people.

Consider this now clothing optional, that's basically what it is. Disappointing. The level playing field of all or nothing helps people be comfortable.

It's still fun but seeing rules ignored day after day is annoying. Security should all be fired, they just day dream in the booth or hang out at the bar. They legit do nothing.

Alright... time to bring the camera! Seriously, CN will be ruined for most of the AN guests if it become C/O. We certainly wouldn't go back.

Quote Originally Posted by El Duderino View Post
    Don't know if it's royalton influence but security isn't enforcing any rules at all. Random guys do their pants and swim while the wife stays dressed on the shore. Then there's the people who show up with bottoms on. Multiple people.

Consider this now clothing optional, that's basically what it is. Disappointing. The level playing field of all or nothing helps people be comfortable.

It's still fun but seeing rules ignored day after day is annoying. Security should all be fired, they just day dream in the booth or hang out at the bar. They legit do nothing.
    I hope management will do something about this issue.

A suggestion. If you are on the resort and actually observing this first hand, go find the resort manager and bring it to their attention. This way you will know for certain that management knows about this.

It does little good to mention this here after the fact. Management is sometimes briefed about posts on this forum, but it is better to let them know first hand on the spot.

It has been my experience that when an issue is brought to a manager's attention while on the resort they will usually see that it is resolved quickly whenever possible.
    Jack and Kathy
    CSA 2007, 2010, and 2016. CTI 2012, 2014. CN 2016 (Trading Places only), 2018, 2020. 2023?

We noticed same behavior.

I do hope this problem is resolved. We are booked for Sept. and will be highly disappointed if this is happening. Is it too late to change reservations to another? We do so love the Negril beach, but would be willing to go to another of the resorts with an AN beach.

Quote Originally Posted by LasVegas2 View Post
    I do hope this problem is resolved. We are booked for Sept. and will be highly disappointed if this is happening. Is it too late to change reservations to another? We do so love the Negril beach, but would be willing to go to another of the resorts with an AN beach.
    It is not too late to change reservations. You can cancel reservations if you are outside the 45 day window.

Blog Entries

Hello All,

There have been NO CHANGES to our resorts AU Natural Policies. We are appreciative of your feedback/comments and have shared them with the resorts management and security personnel for further investigation.

Regards,

Michelle G
    Michelle Gordon
    ------------------
    On-Island Social Media Coordinator
    Couples Resorts

Thank you Michelle for your quick response! Plus no more of the CO instead of completely AN has been observed. Thx again! Irie!

Quick response from Michelle is fine but it does not resolve the issue. This has been a problem at CN for several years- management and staff do not monitor their own rules- women wear "dams" or do not take bottoms off, guests from other resorts use the facility, men frequent the A/N beach without a female counterpart. This is why we go to SSB

Just an update, security got much stricter. I saw someone take a photo into the water as people were walking in, and security chased her down the beach to get her phone to look for the photos. Also no more half clothed people either. Thanks for getting on this, please keep at it.

Default Security Rules enforcement

Just an update, security got much stricter. I saw someone take a photo into the water as people were walking in, and security chased her down the beach to get her phone to look for the photos. Also no more half clothed people either. Thanks for getting on this, please keep at it.
    We arrive tomorrow and all can rest assured that we will ensure that security personnel do their jobs. Way too much money is invested to put up with nonsense about the rules. Get naked, stay naked! Irie!
    TonyS

I don't see Couples winning this game...better they build a nicely sized (large) AN pool and admit the beach is not a major part of their AN experience any longer. It's not their fault, but that ship sailed when Royalton broke ground. A top notch pool area similar to SSB would certainly satisfy a large percentage of AN devotees, including us.

We just returned from SSB and the topic of the changes CN came up multiple times and the concenus was that the lack of privacy at Negril is what made CSS a far superior choice to CN.

Quote Originally Posted by Gatekeeper View Post
    I don't see Couples winning this game...better they build a nicely sized (large) AN pool and admit the beach is not a major part of their AN experience any longer. It's not their fault, but that ship sailed when Royalton broke ground. A top notch pool area similar to SSB would certainly satisfy a large percentage of AN devotees, including us.

We just returned from SSB and the topic of the changes CN came up multiple times and the concenus was that the lack of privacy at Negril is what made CSS a far superior choice to CN.
    My wife and love both places for different reasons, but please note that many of the CSS SSB people already complained that they didn't think there was enough privacy at CN's nude beach long before Royalton. As much as I like the nude pool at SSB the beach there is just a dealbreaker to some extent. My wife and I hate that it's just really unpleasant to downright risky to go in the water at the beach there without water shoes on. We have no concerns at all about the foot traffic in front of the CN nude beach since that traffic cannot come up into the A/N area. It always seems odd that the foot traffic in front of CN's A/N area bothers them but the guys in the boats going in and out of the river seems not to phase them. Obviously the perfect solution is an great beach like CN with a great pool like SSB... but given the choice of a pool and and a poor beach or one of the best beaches in the world and no pool... we each make our own value judgement. I can get in a pool anywhere. In other words.... to each their own and we will continue to go to both places and be happy at both when we are there.

Quote Originally Posted by Gatekeeper View Post

Not everybody wants to go to the Caribbean and sit in a pool. Personally clothing or not you won't find me in a pool when the water is spectacular. I'd never go to an echo resort and I hope they keep fighting for my beach.

Not everybody wants to go to the Caribbean and sit in a pool. Personally clothing or not you won't find me in a pool when the water is spectacular. I'd never go to an echo resort and I hope they keep fighting for my beach.
    Agreed, but then folks would have the option...the pool with privacy or the beach that is somewhat public.

Maybe off topic, but I don't get the issue with Royalton. When we were at CN in 2009, there was a resort on that site. How does demolishing one resort and building another change the vibe? Full disclosure, we are SSB people.

Quote Originally Posted by Piperman View Post
    Maybe off topic, but I don't get the issue with Royalton. When we were at CN in 2009, there was a resort on that site. How does demolishing one resort and building another change the vibe? Full disclosure, we are SSB people.
    The difference is that the last resort (GLN) was small and was adults only, Royalton is huge and allows children. The best part of the beach for Royalton is right beside the a/n beach at CN.

Quote Originally Posted by Piperman View Post
    For me I went when GLN was defunct and just a structure. Then when it was mostly rubble from falling down on workers. This year it was Royalton. As for GLN, they had their AN beach next to CN AN from what I heard. Royalton built a HUGE ASS resort, and then put their exclusive family section next to the AN beach. I think this is the issue.

I'm surprised foot traffic bothers people that much. I mean, you're nude. So heavens to Betsy, someone non-nude sees! They don't stay and mingle. (Well as long as security does their job)

For me I went when GLN was defunct and just a structure. Then when it was mostly rubble from falling down on workers. This year it was Royalton. As for GLN, they had their AN beach next to CN AN from what I heard. Royalton built a HUGE ASS resort, and then put their exclusive family section next to the AN beach. I think this is the issue.

I'm surprised foot traffic bothers people that much. I mean, you're nude. So heavens to Betsy, someone non-nude sees! They don't stay and mingle. (Well as long as security does their job)
    Close, the clothed portion of the GLN resort was right beside the a/n CN beach but the beach was not that crowded because GLN was not that large and it seemed that most came for the a/n section which was on the other side. CN a/n has no pool so if you want to cool off you have to walk out into the water in full view of the family section of Royalton. Probably more of an issue during the summer when there are more kids there, few there during the rest of the year.

I guess if this bothers you then go to CSS or CTI, both have great a/n facilities, Sunset Beach is probably the best a/n

Quote Originally Posted by drbcwp View Post
    Close, the clothed portion of the GLN resort was right beside the a/n CN beach but the beach was not that crowded because GLN was not that large and it seemed that most came for the a/n section which was on the other side. CN a/n has no pool so if you want to cool off you have to walk out into the water in full view of the family section of Royalton. Probably more of an issue during the summer when there are more kids there, few there during the rest of the year.

I guess if this bothers you then go to CSS or CTI, both have great a/n facilities, Sunset Beach is probably the best a/n
    Always amazed how polarizing nudity is. So many Americans would shun the nude area of the beach, to the point they might not even visit a resort with a topless section. And then you have gawkers at the other end.

Quote Originally Posted by ct ti fan View Post
    Always amazed how polarizing nudity is. So many Americans would shun the nude area of the beach, to the point they might not even visit a resort with a topless section. And then you have gawkers at the other end.
    How True,

I planned a company trip to CN many years ago that was free to every couple that we invited, 1 of our largest customers would not go on the trip because the resort had an a/n area. Someone else from her company went and she enjoyed the nude beach every day (:

I just got back, and I was there in June. There aren't that many people on the Royalton beach area by AN. It's butler service, so it's a lot more $. There was people, but not as many as I thought.

We were there in May for two weeks and like el Duderino said the royolton beach by AN is the Money end not that many people . WE found no big difference than when the Lido resort was there. We are going back in November and next May again. We LOVE COUPLES AN and if some one wants to gawk go ahead and eat your heart that your not experiencing the AN....
    Just for the record the only problem was a guest of couples who insisted the AU naturel was clothing optional and argued with guards and management the four days they were there. The wife sat with a towel around her the whole time she was on the beach just so she could stay and tell everyone it was clothing optional, as she was wearing the bottom to the bathing suit under the towel. It made no sense to anyone there. Management and Guest didn't care as long as she sat with the towel around her and not walk around , some vacation and SOME WAY to make a point ,sit in a chair for 4 days and not move

Default What a shame

Quote Originally Posted by Frandele View Post
    We were there in May for two weeks and like el Duderino said the royolton beach by AN is the Money end not that many people . WE found no big difference than when the Lido resort was there. We are going back in November and next May again. We LOVE COUPLES AN and if some one wants to gawk go ahead and eat your heart that your not experiencing the AN....
    Just for the record the only problem was a guest of couples who insisted the AU naturel was clothing optional and argued with guards and management the four days they were there. The wife sat with a towel around her the whole time she was on the beach just so she could stay and tell everyone it was clothing optional, as she was wearing the bottom to the bathing suit under the towel. It made no sense to anyone there. Management and Guest didn't care as long as she sat with the towel around her and not walk around , some vacation and SOME WAY to make a point ,sit in a chair for 4 days and not move
    Ugly Americans are embarrassing enough to me when I travel to other countries. This story is amazing. What a sorry way to spend a vacation, being a martyr. Having the money to go to Jamaica is no guarantee of wisdom. I hope I don't cross paths with this egomaniac

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast