Default CSS SSB outside of the AN times?

My wife and I will be at CSS in mid-July 2017. This is our first trip to Jamaica (and thus to Couples).

The FAQ says that Sunset Beach is nude 9am to 5:30pm and open to non-nude at 6pm.

A few related questions that we've not seen answers to:

1. From 9-5:30pm, is nudity 8enforced*? Say someone covers up with a towel or puts bottoms on...will staff come ask them to uncover or leave?

2. What's the clothing protocol before 9am and after 6pm? Is SSB clothing *optional* or clothing *required* outside of the 9-5:30pm time range?

Thanks in advance for your replies!

1. From 9-5:30pm, is nudity 8enforced*? Say someone covers up with a towel or puts bottoms on...will staff come ask them to uncover or leave? Yes. it's not CO, Clothing Optional, it's AN, Au Natural.....no clothes.

2. What's the clothing protocol before 9am and after 6pm? Is SSB clothing *optional* or clothing *required* outside of the 9-5:30pm time range? SSB becomes, for the most part, CO after 6pm. unless there's a wedding, or CSS organized gala taking place. Many of the SSB dwellers go back after dinner to hit the hot tub AN, or pool....or organize a group get together with a bartender for a few hours...$20/couple, min 10 couples, they'll open the bar from 8 - 11pm.

Sunset beach is not clothing optional and the no clothing policy is strictly enforced during regular hours. At sunset, when those who choose to stay clothed for pictures arrive, it becomes more clothing optional. Personally, I have never worn clothes on SSB with the exception of 2 minutes after arrival and 2 minutes before departing the beach. Other than the two nights when CSS hosts "After Parties", I have not seen anyone keep their clothes on while enjoying SSB at night.

Quote Originally Posted by wduck2 View Post
    My wife and I will be at CSS in mid-July 2017. This is our first trip to Jamaica (and thus to Couples).

The FAQ says that Sunset Beach is nude 9am to 5:30pm and open to non-nude at 6pm.

1. From 9-5:30pm, is nudity 8enforced*? Say someone covers up with a towel or puts bottoms on...will staff come ask them to uncover or leave?

2. What's the clothing protocol before 9am and after 6pm? Is SSB clothing *optional* or clothing *required* outside of the 9-5:30pm time range?

Nudity is (or should be) enforced. Is it 100% of the time, no. Typically you'd be able to be somewhat covered at some times, but if you don't remove a coverup at all, or don't remove bottoms at all, then I would anticipate security would approach you. Sometimes it may be so dead that no one cares.

Protocol before 9am is that anyone can go, as well as past 5 or 6. Many times, those already in the buff remain so. Usually people are going to see the sunset and would be at the other end of the beach. Textilers (not all, but many) tend to be freaked out about Nudies and stay at the far side of the beach. Later in the evening, the pool/hot tub is usually used by nudies, but technically I wouldn't see why you couldn't wear a suit. So short answer is after 5 or 6 it becomes clothing optional.

1) Yes. AN only.

2) Outside AN hours it's clothing optional.

Quote Originally Posted by wduck2 View Post

1) Full nudity is enforced, that's what makes it nice and you know everyone there is in the same boat as you (for the nervous people). I'll hit the towels in #3.

2) I'm not really sure about before 9am (sleep and breakfast don't usually get me there before then) but after 6p you'll have people coming over to watch the sunset fully clothed. We've been nude plenty of times after 6 and usually you're pretty sauced up by that point so it makes it 100% more awkward for the clothed people but we usually leave around then for dinner anyway. I don't think you'll see many other nude people there until potentially late night for a swim but theoretically you could have people in swimsuits there at that time as well.

3) Towels...during the day, feel free to wrap a towel around you from time to time but FOR EVERYONE, please do not forget the #1 nudist rule which is ALWAYS SIT ON A TOWEL. We've been to quite a number of nudist resorts/spots and people at couples break this rule infinitely more than other places. I'm hardly a germaphobe but it's just been one of those rules that's been burned in my head so if you're sitting on a stool, chair, lounger, just please put a towel down...thanks in advance!

I am really glad you stated the "always sit on a towel" rule. I have never been to an AN anything, but my biggest concern is sitting on a chair to eat and there is @$$ matter. UGH! I am not a germaphobe either, but common decency dictates to be courteous to others! Looking forward to SSB time on vacation!

Thanks for the information all!

Is there a location/spot on SSB (and/or perhaps a time of day) where a couple could be a little removed from the rest of the folks on the beach? Something like "get there early and go to the umbrella and chairs farthest to the west" or some such advice?

I ask because that might make for a gentle introduction to SSB. My wife is not really concerned about everyone else being nude, but she's unsure about how she will feel being nude, so I thought maybe an "out of the way" part of SSB might be a good place to start.

How is SSB set up? I can't really see any photos online at all. I think I saw one photo with umbrellas and pairs of lounge chairs, but I couldn't tell if that was really SSB or how far apart the umbrellas were from each other, etc.

Thanks again!

Go to breakfast early. Opens at 7:30AM. Get in line and have one of the best (Edgar's) omelets you will ever have. Take your time. Enjoy your meal. Afterwards, go back to your room and grab your beach towels. Wander over to SSB. Go through the gate and head to your right. There should be plenty of open palapas. Very possible there will be a few other couples at SSB (us for sure if we are at CSS then). But they will not notice you or give you more than a glance. Pick out a place, arrange your towels and enjoy. There may be some staff raking the sand but they will not look at you. If you feel a bit more daring, go through the gate and head straight in toward the water. There you can enjoy watching the fishermen come and go up the White River, watch the birds, etc. But don't take my spot! You probably have heard it many time: Go the first day! If you go then you will know. The most friendly and non judgmental people are at SSB. Yada, yada.
    CSA 2012, CSA 2013, CN 2014, CSA 2014, CSS 2014, CN 2015, CSA 2015, CSS 2015, CSS 2016 (March-April), CSS 2016 (July),
    CSA 2017, CN 2017, CSS 2017, CSS 2018 (March),CSS 2018 (Dec-Jan), CSA 2019, CN 2019, CSS 2019-2020 (Dec-Jan), CANCELLED CSS 2020 (Mar-Apr),
    CSS 2021 (March), BOOKED CSS (2021/22 NYE), BOOKED CSS 2022 MARCH

Very simple...if you are new you will likely do as we all did, come in go by the sign and head to your RIGHT. This puts you as far from the pool and bar as possible. Get comfortable, remove all clothes and begin to unwind. After a few hours the bar and washroom will become your focus, head over and say hi. You will now find yourself among warm and accepting people. Ease in at your own speed, we've all been there, we all understand. Numerous couples we met this year felt completely comfortable after 10 minutes at the pool...your results may vary.

That's really all there is to it...you will be amazed at how it is simply a "non-event" to those of us who are there. Welcome to AN and the great people who embrace it.