Default Snorkeling and CSS

How is all the snorkeling at CSS IF ANYONE has done it there

We went snorkeling with the Dive Center. Went to a wreck and a coral reef. It was a good time, not too many people. We tried to get an AN snorkeling trip but couldn't get enough people to make it worthwhile.
    Have a great time!!

I enjoy snorkeling at CSS and bring my mask and fins for each visit. The area by Charlies waterfall is my favorite place to go and it is out of the boat traffic.
    Gene and Jeanne
    CSS October 2012, 2013, 2014, 2016, 2017
    CSS/CTI October 2018

We were just there last week. I did the morning snorkel trip once - that was enough. it was pretty mediocre.

Quote Originally Posted by BirdDog71 View Post
    We were just there last week. I did the morning snorkel trip once - that was enough. it was pretty mediocre.
    fact. we did AN snorkeling last year, that made it interesting. LOL

We tried to get a group together for AN snorkeling trip. Not enough takers, so it didn't happen. Hopefully when we go next January, it will happen.

How is the snorkeling at the nude beach ?

I go every time unless there are large waves. Keep in mind that the White River empties into the ocean next to SSB. Where the freshwater travels, there is not much to see except the shimmery mix of salt and freshwater. There are fish to see and a few corals....if you go out along the peninsula, you will seem more along the rocks....At the end of the peninsula, is a small reef. You can see where the freshwater from the river travels. Once you are out to the point, you are, IMHO, getting to where you may encounter boat traffic.
    As I stated earlier in this thread, my favorite place to snorkel at CSS is the "hidden beach" by Charlie's waterfall.....NOT an AN area.
    Gene and Jeanne
    CSS/CTI October 2018

Quote Originally Posted by prgw8810 View Post
    How is the snorkeling at the nude beach ?
    It's ok - worth doing at least once - it gets pretty rough once you get past near the tip of the peninsula

Make sure you bring water shoes as there are lots of urchins

One thing you might consider - there are a lot of boats that come/go at the mouth of the white river near SSB - talk to those guys - they'll take you out snorkeling (or wherever)

Hi Jeannew, just wondering if you are going to CSS this year. We’re headed there Oct 1- 10. It would be great to see you and Mr Jeannew again.

We did a AN snorkelling trip with 10 of our best SSB nude friends. We booked the entire trip as we filled the number slowed for a trip. We had the best time. We will be doing that again!!!

Hi Piperman!!!
    Yes, we will be there!! It will be great to see you both!!!
    Soon come!
    Gene and Jeanne
    CSS/CTI October 2018

How many couples do you have to have before they will take a group out nude snorkeling ? We will be there July 20-27th and have two other couples plus ourselves that are interesting in getting a group up. If anyone is interested, then let us know and we'll meet up at SSB and try to get plans made.

Quote Originally Posted by M&K View Post
    How many couples do you have to have before they will take a group out nude snorkeling ? We will be there July 20-27th and have two other couples plus ourselves that are interesting in getting a group up. If anyone is interested, then let us know and we'll meet up at SSB and try to get plans made.
    We had 6 couples so we had the whole snorkelling boat to ourselves. Get all your group to go over and sign up. It may be uncomfortable for others that are not SSB people if they are on the boat when you all strip off!!!

Default KnK

We will be at CTI this April 3 through the 12th, 2020. We are hoping for a nude catamaran cruise and snorkeling trip. We will be making two trips to CSS during our stay and hope to find a nude snorkeling trip or catamaran cruise from this area as other threads indicate. Hopefully we can find one available and hopefully we can find others interested in the same type cruises at reasonable costs. We love the Couples resorts and this just sounds like it would be fun with other like minded couples. If anyone has additional info on these, we would appreciate hearing from you. Thanks in advance, KnK