Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Mom and daughter trip...

So I have a question... I booked CN for my parents, however in the event that my dad is unable to go is it acceptable for mother and daughter to go instead?? I know it's a couples place as my husband and I are about to take our 2nd trip to CSA... I was wondering because I don't want my mom to miss out on the adventure if my dad is unable to get away.

Sorry, but I really hope not.

I assume your parents have insurance. If your father cant go then they should cancel and re book when he is able. The "adventure" you want for your mother is her enjoying the resort as part of a couple - just as you and your husband have done. My personal take is that Couples is for couples. I know people break the rules and it is possible for a mother and daughter to go as a couple, but I for one would never advocate it.

Yes. When we were at CSS last December, there was a group of women taking a family vacation - mother and daughters.

In my opinion, Couples is for Couples in love. Not family vacations. They already stretch that description in my view, I don't want it to become anything more than romantically involved couples.

I think it would be hard for them to deny you. I think the only thing couples cares about in the long run is getting paid the double occupancy rate for the room.

There is a pizza chain in the U.S. called Chuck E. Cheese's. It is a pizza restaurant where mostly parents bring young kids for parties and such (not for me - I will not go there). My neighbor had no idea what it was all about and stopped in for lunch one day. While there, he figured it out and said that as a lone, adult male he felt that he appeared to be a deranged child stalker with bad intent. There is no rule saying a lone male adult can't go to Chuck E. Cheese's, but...

(edit: after posting this, I realized that it could be inferred that I was being judgmental about some couples - this is absolutely not the case. I was simply suggesting that there are times in life when there may be no rules, but social norms suggest certain boundaries or behaviors...that said, I am not the social norms enforcer...carry on as you wish my friends. I hope to see you all on the beach someday)
    Last edited by Bert; May 9th, 2017 at 03:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by cinnyvs View Post
    Yes. When we were at CSS last December, there was a group of women taking a family vacation - mother and daughters.
    Which is how you end up with long threads complaining about groups...and why those of us who want the "as advertised" experience get a bit upset.

I would agree with those above who said that hopefully your parents have trip insurance. Try to make it so they both can go.

Just an FYI , when we were at CN last year there were two ladies together. We thought they were a "couple" but came to find out on the SAD bus (the four of us were the only ones on it) that they were actually sisters who had a travel agent arrange the trip. They said they had a good time and everyone was very nice to them but they wished they had brought their husbands as the resort just wasn't designed for that type of "couple " (i.e. siblings). I think mother/daughter would have the same impression as the two sisters, you would have a good time but maybe not a great time.

Good luck with your dilemma.
    Last edited by kurt and Angie; May 10th, 2017 at 02:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Randandbets View Post
    In my opinion, Couples is for Couples in love. Not family vacations. They already stretch that description in my view, I don't want it to become anything more than romantically involved couples.
    Wow! A mother and daughter is hardly a family vacation. As for it being solely just romantic couples, the four times that we have been, there have been loud, noisy groups of friends who are not romantic. A mother and daughter is not going to rock the boat.

I guess the name on the front door is just not obvious enough...

i doubt that a mother and daughter are going to affect anyone's romantic vacation. Young single guys are a different story.

Quote Originally Posted by Gatekeeper View Post
    Which is how you end up with long threads complaining about groups...and why those of us who want the "as advertised" experience get a bit upset.
    There were only 4 of them. Not really a large group. And lovely women.

Quote Originally Posted by cinnyvs View Post
    There were only 4 of them. Not really a large group. And lovely women.
    But the rules don't state..."couples only UNLESS they are delightful women"

After the predictable posts, I'll again say that Couples Resorts is NOT going to deny you from coming with your mother. They care about double occupancy and obeying resort rules, not what anyone's definition of a couple is. Sure the "vibe" at Couples may be to have a romantic time but you're not guaranteed that. I'm going in a month and a half with my wife and I'm planning on having some adult beverages and having a fun time...if romance decides to join in on the fun, the more the merrier but I'm looking for a getaway from the kids and work and I'm sure as heck going to get it. I have no problem with mother/daughter couples, same sex couples, best buddy couples, dating couples, or just regular man/woman married couples. We're all sharing a resort together and from the 3 times I've been there before, Couples Resorts is sure to show me (and my wife) a great time!

Quote Originally Posted by donjohnson View Post
    After the predictable posts, I'll again say that Couples Resorts is NOT going to deny you from coming with your mother. They care about double occupancy and obeying resort rules, not what anyone's definition of a couple is. Sure the "vibe" at Couples may be to have a romantic time but you're not guaranteed that. I'm going in a month and a half with my wife and I'm planning on having some adult beverages and having a fun time...if romance decides to join in on the fun, the more the merrier but I'm looking for a getaway from the kids and work and I'm sure as heck going to get it. I have no problem with mother/daughter couples, same sex couples, best buddy couples, dating couples, or just regular man/woman married couples. We're all sharing a resort together and from the 3 times I've been there before, Couples Resorts is sure to show me (and my wife) a great time!
    Well said! Mother and daughter are not going to interfere with all the "romantic couples". We just go to relax and escape from daily pressures. I don't care about whether "couples" are same sex etc. Live and let live!

Quote Originally Posted by jannette View Post
    Wow! A mother and daughter is hardly a family vacation. As for it being solely just romantic couples, the four times that we have been, there have been loud, noisy groups of friends who are not romantic. A mother and daughter is not going to rock the boat.
    Wow, I guess. What was I thinking, from a resort called Couples and not a couple of whatever.

But the rules don't state..."couples only UNLESS they are delightful women"
    No. They don't state anything at all except that there are no more than two people per room. The bonus is that these ladies were delightful. I also think that I am too busy having a good time myself to care what kind of couples are around me.

There is a huge difference between OPs conundrum and non-couples choosing to go to Couples from the git go. Just the name Couples itself keeps this type of thing to a minimum. Much ado about almost nothing and I hope Mom and daughter have a nice time if they choose to go.

Default Can of worms....

Quote Originally Posted by donjohnson View Post
    Wow did I open a can of worms. Lol. Well to be honest. My dad isn't thrilled with the trip and I love couples. I don't want to take my mom to a "family" resort with a bunch of kids running around. She's in her early 70's and there simply isn't anywhere I have ever been as beautiful as couples...But thank you donjohnston for you nice and jovial remarks.

We have been going to CSS for 7 years. I have seen a few small groups that were never an issue. However, we have twice seen a parent/child combination that became uncomfortable when one of the non-couple became obviously smitten with someone's spouse and followed them around the resort. It finally came to a point that the couple had to explain that they wanted alone time. Couples cannot ever know when a non-couple would be an issue, but I hated to see a couple expecting a romantic week have to deal with this for several days. I know everyone will say they should have let management take care of this - but if they were allowed to stay after management addressed the problem, it could have been even more uncomfortable.

Quote Originally Posted by caribbeanbound View Post
    We have been going to CSS for 7 years. I have seen a few small groups that were never an issue. However, we have twice seen a parent/child combination that became uncomfortable when one of the non-couple became obviously smitten with someone's spouse and followed them around the resort. It finally came to a point that the couple had to explain that they wanted alone time. Couples cannot ever know when a non-couple would be an issue, but I hated to see a couple expecting a romantic week have to deal with this for several days. I know everyone will say they should have let management take care of this - but if they were allowed to stay after management addressed the problem, it could have been even more uncomfortable.
    Ew I would say so but as we are both married and 50/72 that would not be an issue. Still hoping my dad will go with her though we shall see!

If my wife can't make it in June would it be proper for me and my 33 year old son to go? He's a good guy and certainly wouldn't get out of line. I'm guessing no way, never. I think we have a double standard at work here.

Just say'in, this is why it's important that Couples set a policy and stick with it.
    Last edited by Gatekeeper; May 17th, 2017 at 05:54 PM.

If my wife can't make it in June would it be proper for me and my 33 year old son to go? He's a good guy and certainly wouldn't get out of line. I'm guessing no way, never.

I think we have a double standard here.
    If you were polite and considerate I do not think it would be a problem. If I were not with my SO then I would probably do a lot more off campus excursions.

If my wife can't make it in June would it be proper for me and my 33 year old son to go? He's a good guy and certainly wouldn't get out of line. I'm guessing no way, never. I think we have a double standard at work here.

Just say'in, this is why it's important that Couples set a policy and stick with it.
    I don't see why it would be an issue to go with your son. When I was there a few weeks back there was a father and son there. Where they there with their wives? Probably, but I only saw them together (usually around a bar). Didn't bother me a bit. At a big resort like CSA you only see specific other guests only a few times so how much impact could even 4-5 "non-traditional" couples have?

Getting drunk and horny over another guest would be inappropriate no matter who you are with. And I bet it happens FAR more often with someone in a "couple" than not. But the point is that the vibe at Couples is pretty antagonistic to folks going there looking for hook-ups or whatever. But a pair that just wants to relax on the beach and chill? Don't see why they can't go.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast