Default Weather says rain everyday May 11-22 in CN! HELP!

Hi friends! This will be my first time at Couples Negril and staying a Couples resort in general!! I'll be there with my husband for our honeymoon May 11-22.

I'm super excited but so disheartened by the weather forecast. It says rain and thunder everyday. Is anyone there now? Is it really rainy all day? If so, what clothing should one bring. I really want some beach time!

Hopeful it's not rainy all the time!!!

Lydia

Just got back. It did rain every afternoon. Usually around 1-2 pm the clouds would gather, but actual rain overhead could be very hit or miss all afternoon (you can watch rain fall up and down the coast but be in bright sunlight yourself). There will usually be one 15-30 minute heavy downpour. But it is warm(ish) so you can just hang out in the pool, the ocean, under a beach bar, or back in the room for it to pass. Water clears very quickly since the resort is all sand. It is a good time to take a nap, quite frankly, at least according to my wife It is not the steady, overcast, dreary rain of the States. The clouds roll in fast and out just as quickly. Wouldn't let it bother you at all, you will adjust quickly to it.

As far as I've noticed, it seems the forecast in Jamaica is always for rain. It has only rained once every time we've been there and it's usually just a brief late afternoon shower.

Thanks so much Jason! That's so good to hear. I'm hoping we have the same luck!!! Glad it sounds like you had a wonderful time!!!

Thanks so much Jason!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Kyle View Post
    As far as I've noticed, it seems the forecast in Jamaica is always for rain. It has only rained once every time we've been there and it's usually just a brief late afternoon shower.
    Thanks so much Kyle!!

We've been to CTI quite a few times (maybe 12?)...mostly the last week of May. I can think of only one of those trips where it rained for most of the week. On a couple of other occasions, there was barely a cloud in the sky all week. Typically, you'll get a mixed bag....decent chance of afternoon showers as the storms build inland, over the mountains....and then creep out over the coastline. Odds are, the weather will be good. But you never know...just have to show up and see whatcha got when you get there.

We are leaving for CN in two days and we are hoping for nice weather.
    This tri,Saturday May 20-27, is very special to us as our son Bryan and his wife Kelly are
    joining us.It will be their first time to Couples Negril.

CN..Couples Negril..The Premier and Flagship resort of The Couples Empire.

Hugs from Tommywommy