Default Watersports noise

Hi there,
    I've been to Jamaica several times and stayed at resorts, one of them Couples Negril. This time I'm coming to CSA. How is the noise from the water sports at CSA? During previous stays at other resorts, the jet skis and boats could get really loud and gas smelly and annoying. Just wondering. thanks!

No more jet skis, they are banned.

Quote Originally Posted by NCgirl View Post
    Hi there,
    I've been to Jamaica several times and stayed at resorts, one of them Couples Negril. This time I'm coming to CSA. How is the noise from the water sports at CSA? During previous stays at other resorts, the jet skis and boats could get really loud and gas smelly and annoying. Just wondering. thanks!
    There are no more jet ski operators anywhere in Negril, so that's no concern. The dive boat and ski boat will come and ago. They aren't nearly as annoying as jet skis.

When we were at CSA in 2014, there we no jet skis because there had been a fatal accident recently, and their use had been suspended. I'm not sure if this is still the case. I didn't notice any noise of exhaust from boats while lounging on the beach either.

CSA 2014
    CTI 2017

"One good thing about music, when it hits you feel no pain" ~Bob Marley

Quote Originally Posted by Lee-Ann ~N~ Paul View Post
    When we were at CSA in 2014, there we no jet skis because there had been a fatal accident recently, and their use had been suspended. I'm not sure if this is still the case. I didn't notice any noise of exhaust from boats while lounging on the beach either.
    The ban is no longer in affect on the island (2015 in Ocho Rios, Negril sometime 2016) - http://rjrnewsonline.com/local/jet-s...mmercial-areas . There are a few jet ski rental places in Negril, but still very much restricted from other vacation places. I wish it was different though.

Once the watersports shack opens up there is some noise for the waterskiing, and on occasion a tubing or parasailing boat will go by. But over all the noise is pretty minimal over the sounds of the waves, the vendors, folks around you, etc. Definitely no gas smell.

But if noise is an issue, definitely try to hit the beach in that magical 7am-10am time! Crystal clear skies, the sun isn't over the buildings yet, the beach is mostly empty. The only sounds are the waves and the groundskeepers. You feel like you are alone on the resort

The boats never bothered me, they're just coming and going here and there. I was glad to see the jet skis go though.

I heard that the license for the jet ski operators is very expensive and this a big reason there are none-so far.

Life is good

I don't miss the noise, the wake, and the danger to others of the jetskis... but the boats that drag the inflatable sofas filled with screaming people back and forth just outside the ropes can still get pretty annoying after a while.

Watching those people ridding in that inflatable sofa? That's gotta hurt!!!