Default Dinner at Sans Souci

Ok silly question. My husband and I will be at CSS in August 2017 (flying in on the 11th) and I was looking at the the restaurants on the web site for dinner. Seems like all the restaurants are closed on Friday nights. So is ordering dinner in room our only choice or is there something that goes on Friday night that has a meal with it? I did see a Friday night Starlight Gala, however, it didn't mention food like the other special nights. Anyone have any idea?

Quote Originally Posted by MelissaH View Post
    Ok silly question. My husband and I will be at CSS in August 2017 (flying in on the 11th) and I was looking at the the restaurants on the web site for dinner. Seems like all the restaurants are closed on Friday nights. So is ordering dinner in room our only choice or is there something that goes on Friday night that has a meal with it? I did see a Friday night Starlight Gala, however, it didn't mention food like the other special nights. Anyone have any idea?

On Friday nights it is the Gala and they have a variety of food on the menu. It is presented on the grounds in front of Block A and B. It is a buffet style serving. Food offered is the same as restaurants but buffet style.......seafood, sushi, pasta, salads, desserts. I never went hungry.....not excited about sharing table with other couples but not a deal breaker.

Pretty sure you can order in, however there is tons of food -buffet style- at the Friday Night Starlight Gala. Personally, we have used that night to do the Private dining option if you prefer to miss the big crowd. Enjoy ! mike

Plenty of food at the Gala. It's a time for the resort to all come together and dine and drink and watch the entertainment. You won't go hungry! LOL.

Nancy

If you don't like sitting at a big table with other people, you can just take the food back to your room.
    <font size=2>
    CN 2006, CSS 2009, CN 2009, CN 2010, CTI 2010, CN 2011, CSS 2012, CN 2012, CN 2013, CSA 2014, CN 2014, CSA 2015, CN 2015, CN 2016, CN 2018, CN2019

The gala also has a huge desserts table, along with soups, salads, a carving station and a coffee bar. We stayed in the B block, second floor. We chose to eat at a table with the other guests. But I noticed some of the folks in the ground floor rooms in B and A block took plates of food and then ate on their patios. I thought this was brilliant if you don't feel like socializing (also easy bathroom access!). You can also always order room service.

Thanks everyone for your replies. Can't wait to get there and enjoy a slice of paradise.