Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Question - how to handle AN topic back home?

We tried AN for the first time last week and now we are hooked. The only thing that makes us nervous is friends and family back home finding out about our secret.

Now before you get all judgy on me, please read the rest of this before answering. I am not ashamed of enjoying AN at all! We had an exhilarating, freeing, and relaxing experience. I cannot wait to go back.

The problem is that other people that have not studied or experienced the AN side will judge us. And I really don't need that. Oh sure, I could take up the banner and to them that they ought to try it before criticizing it, but I am just not interested in that battle.

So here is the question. How do you go AN vacation and keep people from finding out back home? Any tips and tricks are appreciated!

I just tell people I do it. When describing my trips, it always comes up. A few people give us some good natured ribbing over it, "You're not going to need to bring swimsuits!" and stuff like that. I decided to hide it would be difficult because it's one of my fav things about CN. Nobody has been very critical of it, but there are a few people we hold it back from such as my in-laws. In that instance, we literally just don't say anything about it to them.

If you don't want them to know, don't tell them. Or just tell them you went topless.

We just don't say anything about it being AN...we've never really found it to be a problem.

I am in the same boat as you. I do not mention it, and none of my family/friends have ever really investigated my vacations. The nice thing about Couple's is that the AN is a perk from an otherwise beautiful but vanilla resort. Telling your family/friends that you are going to Couples suggests more of an adults only vacation/honeymoon (which can have its own implications depending on where the mind wanders) rather than the AN opportunity that is available. It's not like you told folks you were going to Hedo (though maybe you should try that and watch for reactions).

Interestingly enough, I got the idea of AN from 3 other couples that we hang out with. It was a one-time adventure for them whereas it has become a more frequent option for us. Based on this, I believe there are more people out there trying AN than are willing to admit or discuss it. I am not sure this was helpful for your situation . . .

For us, it's sort of depends on who the friends are and how open they are. We have some friends who know about us going AN, and others have no idea we do it, including my parents who are in their upper 70's and wouldn't understand. They don't know. Enjoy!

Duane & Mary

Quote Originally Posted by a63vetteowner View Post
    For us, it's sort of depends on who the friends are and how open they are. We have some friends who know about us going AN, and others have no idea we do it, including my parents who are in their upper 70's and wouldn't understand. They don't know. Enjoy!

Duane & Mary
    Interesting ... have you ever found that the friends that you trust with this information trickles over to the friends that are not so open about it?

Great Question!! Crossed our minds after our first visit to a au naturale location as well. We've always been open on where we've been if the discussion comes up with whoever. Being asked the first time if we had gone naked... I just looked at them and asked what do you think?

My Mom and Pop spanked the truth out of my mouth when I was a kid so telling the truth is always easy.

If they respond with the eeewww that's gross, I respond with it's not for everybody. Discussion over. If they respond with further questions with genuine curiosity, I tell it like it is, if you're looking for this you go here, that go there. Couples facilities aren't like the "party" at some other places available.

Now discussing with work relationships.... depends on the person how I'd respond.

Respect.

I'm loud and proud! I have no issue with telling people about being nude on the beach, and am frequently trying to convert others! (Ha!)

Nothing to be ashamed of it's your life live it the way you want you don't have to answer to anyone do they answer to you?

We will not mention it back home, we had same discussion shortly after enjoying our first AN experience last week.

If you don't bring it up it probably won't come up.

We have signs all over our backyard/pool area "Nude Beach", "Clothing Optional", "Topless Women Drink for Free" and several others. If our friends still can't figure it out.........

We are like Tom-N-Lori.
    We have been experiencing AN or CO for about 30 years....stumbled into a CO Hot Springs in Southern Colorado and since that time, purposely look for options while traveling.
    Our kids know (ages 40 & 36) and think it is funny (our son in law is a preacher). Our parents know...my 79 year old mother wishes she could go with us, LOL! Our co workers know and our friends know.
    We certainly are not ashamed and do not feel that we owe anyone a further explanation other than we really enjoy it.

It is not for everyone and I respect anyone who has no interest....to each their own, but I really hate a wet bathing suit clinging to my bottom!!!
    Gene and Jeanne
    CSS October 2012, 2013, 2014, 2016, 2017
    CSS/CTI October 2018

We have no problem discussing it with anybody. It has just become a normal part of our lives, actually....so we aren't afraid to discuss it with whoever.

We have discussed it with some of our friends back home but not with the family, for the most part. If someone asks, we are honest. We tell them it is some of the most friendly people you will ever meet.

We have also kind of dealt with this. Truly I have found very few people that ask about this outright. Couples is not so well known where there is a negative connotation like some other places.

However my wife has some friends who have asked or somehow this conversation came up regarding the island or nude beach. Yes - we go. Yes - we love it. Your time there is EMPOWERING and RELAXING. You will feel more comfortable with yourself and others there. Some of her friends can't believe that this is the case. Some believe it and one even went and had an AN experience and now knows what we are talking about and believes it now.

That said, we don't talk about it with family, just not sure they would get it and don't want family thinking about it/talking about it. 😀

We have been to couples 8 times on the 5 time we tried the au naturel and have been hooked ever since, We have no problem discussing it with anyone and get all kinds of responses .. Some people do not get that we love the free and relaxing feeling... Also we live in NJ and found NJ has one of the best clothing optional beaches at Sandy Hook .., Since we got hooked on the au naturel Jamaica, we now spend just about every summer weekend there.

Don't keep it a secret. Less stress for you, and it gives people something to talk about... lol

Personally we did not create any sort of "mass notification" to friends. But through various conversations and matter-of-fact discussions, most friends and family know who were are and what we enjoy. Why keep it a secret! For example we'll say something like "make some noise as you approach our pool if you visit unexpectedly" If they ask why, we spell it out to be clear. We'll be naked! Also for example, on an upcoming family cruise, discussing shore excursions in St Martin, we mentioned we'll be going to Orient Beach. That was met with plenty of "eew"s and eye-rolls as expected. That said, you can rarely change people or their opinions, but you can plant the seed. They have to discover it for themselves. They may think out trying it. Perhaps not say anything. Maybe the next time they take off a wet swimsuit, they might finally understand. Maybe the next time they put ON a dry swimsuit, they will become annoyed.

Be who you are. They can deal with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Frostbitten View Post
    We have signs all over our backyard/pool area "Nude Beach", "Clothing Optional", "Topless Women Drink for Free" and several others. If our friends still can't figure it out.........
    Too funny! This is our sign. We post it when are poolside. As I mentioned in my other post, everyone knows WHO we are. But the sign is our disclaimer. It's either your warning or your invitation. It just depends on you

Name:  13934730_1050126458368051_9205270599512962613_n.jpg
Views: 3650
Size:  151.7 KB

Why would it even come up in conversation? Most folks only ask "how was the room? How was the food? How was the entertainment? and Were the sunsets as pretty as they say they are?" End of conversation. Unless you're publicizing it yourself, how would anyone know?

Here is the sign from our yard....yes, it does work!

Name:  TOPLESS.jpg
Views: 3633
Size:  160.7 KB

Quote Originally Posted by popup40 View Post
    Why would it even come up in conversation? Most folks only ask "how was the room? How was the food? How was the entertainment? and Were the sunsets as pretty as they say they are?" End of conversation. Unless you're publicizing it yourself, how would anyone know?
    Easy - like this. "I've heard that Jamaica has nude beaches. Did you try that?"

Everyone in our circle knows. I don't pay their bills, they don't pay mine and I'm proud of what we do.

I was the same way but it goes across better than you think. We talked to everyone about it because it does just come up. Also when I tell people where we went on vacation, I couldn't believe how many have said they have been there. Now I haven't asked if they went to the island but it does cross my mind and I am sure it crosses theirs to wonder if we went.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast