Default Best Beachfront rooms on second or third floor with clear view of beach.

I would like rooms with a view after spending so much on a beachfront room would like to know from repeaters which is better this is my first time getting a beachfront room.

We got a terrible second floor view in my opinion once(not worth the $$$). Our first floor was outstanding (4122). I've seen some pics of great views from the 3rd floor but can't help with numbers. Not for us as the stairs would be a bummer in our opinion.

Well I guess that would depend on what resort you are staying at. Couples does not take room, building of floor requests anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Fluffin View Post
    Well I guess that would depend on what resort you are staying at. Couples does not take room, building of floor requests anyway.
    Yes they do

Welcome to Couples,

Which Couples, there are 4 of them.

In very general terms, the more expensive the room category, the better the view. Also, some careful reading of the room description pages on the main Couples website can also help. Finally, some of the Couples resorts won't have a clear view of the ocean even with the most expensive room category in my opinion.

I will use Tower Isle for an example. The Garden rooms are the least expensive and will have no view of the ocean. A Deluxe Ocean and Superior Ocean rooms will have a decent view of the ocean but may be partially obstructed by vegetation. The Premier Ocean rooms will have an unobstructed view of the ocean and the island. These rooms are almost the same as the Garden, Deluxe and Superior rooms except for the view. The Ocean suites are even more expensive and will also have unobstructed views. Other Couples resorts will have similar room descriptions and will also be priced depending on the quality of the ocean view. My personal opinion is that the better rooms at Tower Isle will have the best views of the ocean of any of the Couples resorts.

You can make room requests. However these special requests are on a space available basis and there is no guarantee. You can also request a room upgrade during check in. Again, this is space available and you will be required to pay the difference.

One last piece of advice. People seem to be too obsessed with getting the "Best" room. Step back and think about this for a moment. Honestly, how much time will you actually spend in that room? For us, other than sleeping, we are only in the room for an hour or two. Usually just while we are changing clothes. Most of the time we are on the beach or out and about on the resort. So do you really need to spend top money for the "Best" room? Yes, we all like a nice room with a view. But maybe get a little less expensive room and use the money you save to stay an extra day on the resort or use it for an off resort excursion.

Enjoy your stay in paradise
    Jack and Kathy
    CSA 2007, 2010, and 2016. CTI 2012, 2014. CN 2016 (Trading Places only), 2018, 2020. 2023?

Softail19 - You should clarify. Couples with take room requests (or floor or building) but will not guarantee that you will get the room, floor or building that was requested. They will do their best to try and accommodate the requests. We have had some issues with the requests we sent in as part of pre-registration but usually these were addressed at check-in and a everything was irie.

To the OP - which resort? At CSS I'd say building B has a clearer view of the beach and at CN I'd recommend buildings 6 or 9 with 6 being better than 9. Not having been to CSA I do not know if they even have rooms called beachfront.

Quote Originally Posted by kurt and Angie View Post
    Softail19 - You should clarify. Couples with take room requests (or floor or building) but will not guarantee that you will get the room, floor or building that was requested. They will do their best to try and accommodate the requests. We have had some issues with the requests we sent in as part of pre-registration but usually these were addressed at check-in and a everything was irie.

To the OP - which resort? At CSS I'd say building B has a clearer view of the beach and at CN I'd recommend buildings 6 or 9 with 6 being better than 9. Not having been to CSA I do not know if they even have rooms called beachfront.
    Yes you can make room REQUESTS. They are only requests and not garanteed. The beachfront suites and beachfront veranda suites at csa are truly beachfront although some have obstructed views with foliage. We stay in the gardens now as I don't want to pay for beachfront and no guarantee of an ocean view. We had a spectacular first floor bfvs (4122) but our second floor was not worth the money imo.

Which resort? That's going to make a big difference in the advice you will get.