Default 30th anniversary: where to choose?

DH and I will be celebrating our 30th anniversary next August. We plan to be in France with family on the actual day of our anniversary, so we want a just-the-two-of-us vacation some time in July. We have been to almost all of the Caribbean islands and much of Mexico. Even on our first honeymoon when we were in our 20s, we were a very quiet and laid back couple, content to sit on the beach and read while enjoying each other's company, so we don't need a really busy bar scene or a lot of guided activity. Also, we are in our 50s and don't want to be the oldest guests. (The last "excellent" Mexican resort we visited made us feel like the parents of all those honeymooners.) We've been to CSA twice and CTI twice with another visit CTI visit coming up in February. DH loves the one bedroom suite at CTI and sees no reason to go anywhere else. I love CTI, but prefer the beach at CSA. We enjoyed all of the restaurants at CTI and enjoyed everything but Feathers at CSA (Service was slow and another couple inserted themselves in our romantic dinner.) We enjoyed CSA, but felt there was a lack of privacy with our rooms only having the wooden blinds, although we loved the layout of the atrium and beachfront suites. Staying on the other side of CSA doesn't appeal to us as much because the rooms look smaller and they are so close to the swim-up bar, which seemed a little noisy. So, my question is: should we just return to CTI, give CSA another chance with a beachfront verandah room or try CN or CSS? I have heard that CSS is gorgeous, but that the beach is rocky and that the property is quite hilly. Is this true? I am the kind of person who is always turning her ankle☹️I've read that CNN is amazing, but that the oceanfront rooms are not really oceanfront. If you've read all this and have any advice for me, please respond. Thanks.

Csa is our favorite. Css is gorgeous but yes its built into the cliffs. We won't go back because of the small weedy beach. Cn's rooms are not beachfront like at Csa. Cannot speak to cti so I'll say try Csa and the bfvs. We loved our 1st floor bfvs (4122) so I say go back to Csa ����

We first found Couples when we were researching for our 25th Anniversary in 2012. We settled on CSA because we are definitely beach people. We have been back to CSA several time since but on our last trip we did a Trading Places at CN and felt it was a bit quieter and more intimate (we were starting to tire of the larger wedding groups that take over CSA Thursdays - Sundays).

We have booked 10 days at CN for our 30th this coming October. We still need a big beach so CTI and CSS don't interest us.

Brad & Carla
    CSA 2012, 2014, 2015
    CN 2017

Quote Originally Posted by Plantersman View Post
    We first found Couples when we were researching for our 25th Anniversary in 2012. We settled on CSA because we are definitely beach people. We have been back to CSA several time since but on our last trip we did a Trading Places at CN and felt it was a bit quieter and more intimate (we were starting to tire of the larger wedding groups that take over CSA Thursdays - Sundays).

We have booked 10 days at CN for our 30th this coming October. We still need a big beach so CTI and CSS don't interest us.

Brad & Carla
    CSA 2012, 2014, 2015
    CN 2017
    CN sounds really lovely. I'd have to sell DH on it, though. He is CTI all the way.

Quote Originally Posted by softail19 View Post
    Csa is our favorite. Css is gorgeous but yes its built into the cliffs. We won't go back because of the small weedy beach. Cn's rooms are not beachfront like at Csa. Cannot speak to cti so I'll say try Csa and the bfvs. We loved our 1st floor bfvs (4122) so I say go back to Csa ����
    We won't got back to CSS because of the man-made fake "weedy beach". CTI's beach is small. We prefer CSA and then CN. Great beaches.

Life is good

Default CTI vrs CSA

Quote Originally Posted by toodycat View Post
    DH and I will be celebrating our 30th anniversary next August. We plan to be in France with family on the actual day of our anniversary, so we want a just-the-two-of-us vacation some time in July. We have been to almost all of the Caribbean islands and much of Mexico. Even on our first honeymoon when we were in our 20s, we were a very quiet and laid back couple, content to sit on the beach and read while enjoying each other's company, so we don't need a really busy bar scene or a lot of guided activity. Also, we are in our 50s and don't want to be the oldest guests. (The last "excellent" Mexican resort we visited made us feel like the parents of all those honeymooners.) We've been to CSA twice and CTI twice with another visit CTI visit coming up in February. DH loves the one bedroom suite at CTI and sees no reason to go anywhere else. I love CTI, but prefer the beach at CSA. We enjoyed all of the restaurants at CTI and enjoyed everything but Feathers at CSA (Service was slow and another couple inserted themselves in our romantic dinner.) We enjoyed CSA, but felt there was a lack of privacy with our rooms only having the wooden blinds, although we loved the layout of the atrium and beachfront suites. Staying on the other side of CSA doesn't appeal to us as much because the rooms look smaller and they are so close to the swim-up bar, which seemed a little noisy. So, my question is: should we just return to CTI, give CSA another chance with a beachfront verandah room or try CN or CSS? I have heard that CSS is gorgeous, but that the beach is rocky and that the property is quite hilly. Is this true? I am the kind of person who is always turning her ankle☹️I've read that CNN is amazing, but that the oceanfront rooms are not really oceanfront. If you've read all this and have any advice for me, please respond. Thanks.
    We had an an ocean verandah suite on CSA and it was awesome, roomy, perfect view/location. Would def. book that room again if we ever return. We are going to try CSS this spring.

Quote Originally Posted by toodycat View Post
    CN sounds really lovely. I'd have to sell DH on it, though. He is CTI all the way.
    We've been to CSS twice and CN twice and love them both. I prefer CN and he would choose CSS, but our next trip will most likely be to CTI because we hear it's awesome as well and eventually want to try all the Couples resorts. But if you're thinking CN would be nice, then I think you should definitely try it at least once. Negril has an absolutely beautiful stretch of beach, rated one of the best in the world, and is a must see. Here are a couple pics of our view from our room, and if you need more to help convince him, let me know I have plenty more pics. We stayed in building 5 both trips, but upgraded to the suite for our most recent trip and worth every penny... 5307 was arguably the best room on the resort said by several staff members and I had to agree. Though we hear CSA's beachfronts can't be beat, and I hope to see them one day, we decided to return to CN because we really liked the small resort feel. It's an absolutely perfect piece of property, perfectly located in the bay. We were very close to the beach, and could hear the waves along with the tree frogs at night. The hammock on the balcony was one of our favorite spots.

Name:  IMG_0400.JPG
Views: 481
Size:  35.6 KB
    Name:  IMG_0401.JPG
Views: 534
Size:  43.5 KB

We celebrated our 25th anniversary at CTI and loved it. But you know how great CTI is. We enjoyed our trip so much we went to CN last year. Didn't like it as much as CTI, and with the new resort going in don't know how the vibe will change on the beach. Have never been to CSA. We have decided on CSS for our 30th. Want to do something different, the resort does look gorgeous, and we like the fact that it's small. I've also heard that the guests tend to be older.

Nancy
    CTI - 2013
    CN - 2015

Thanks, everyone! benandmiranda, your pix of CN look very tempting. If you have more, I would love to see them. Popup40, what new resort is going in near CN? I did not know about this.

We recommend Couple's Premier and Flagship resort of The Couples Empire.

CN...Couples Negril..Where strangers meet,share laughs,have drinks together and become life long hugging friends.

CN..Couples Negril..Where you feel like you are on your very own South Pacific island.Where the shade is provided by huge palm
    and seagrape trees.Where the water is so calm,refreshing and clear.Where is the sand is silky smooth.Where the world's greatest
    guests call HOME.

CN..Couples Negril..Where Donnovan,the world's most LOVED entertainer calls HOME.

Hugs from Tommywommy

Name:  hugs.jpg
Views: 445
Size:  8.3 KB

Can you please share room number of the Ocean Verandah that has a good view going Aug. 2017

Quote Originally Posted by MGregory View Post
    Can you please share room number of the Ocean Verandah that has a good view going Aug. 2017
    Don't expect a good ocean view with this room. Very few have even a sliver. It should be renamed imo.