Thread: Need Help....

Default Need Help....

It has been a few years since we've been to CSA and can't wait to get back this august. Since we've both aged a little and have a few medical problems the time has come to inquire about
    Travel Insurance. Can anyone tell me if Couples insurance is good? Can you make any recommendations? Thanks for any help you can offer.

I see no one has answered you yet. I always get insurance when going to Jamaica. The main thing I look for is "cancel for any reason" insurance, otherwise I think everything is basically the same. I've purchased Couples insurance before, but fortunately have not had to use it, but I'm sure it would be fine.
    Juliann & Jeff
    Jamaica Soon Come

Thanks for your help Coloradojuli! I know somebody that read my post has gotten travel insurance...oh well. I ended up getting what Couples offers so we should be fine. Hope we won't need
    to use any part of it.

I think Couples Insurance is Cancel for Any Reason. Is it not?

Momof2,

We always get the travel insurance and were glad that we did many years ago. Our original flight was delayed which put us late into our next connection (Missed it) then due to airplane problems our next was canceled .

We had to stay the night and catch the next day's morning flight. To top it off, the airline messed up and sent our luggage onto Jamaica the day before. This meant dinner, motel stay and some purchases at the motel including makeup for me at the airport.

We kept all the receipts due to the changes and sent in the claim. It took awhile to process however, the insurance company paid all of the charges except for about $20.00. It could of been a lesser amount than that they did not cover, I don't remember as it was several years ago. We were very pleased that we had put out the money and got the insurance with couples resort.

In the past, I have had two injuries while at couples negril. Basically self induced, as I was acting younger than I am and having fun. Luckily, I only had to see the nurse on the resort. So for this reason and also medical concerns, we will always get the insurance. Hopefully, none of us will need it for anything serious.

Momof2,

We always get the travel insurance and were glad that we did many years ago. Our original flight was delayed which put us late into our next connection (Missed it) then due to airplane problems our next was canceled .

We had to stay the night and catch the next day's morning flight. To top it off, the airline messed up and sent our luggage onto Jamaica the day before. This meant dinner, motel stay and some purchases at the motel including makeup for me at the airport.

We kept all the receipts due to the changes and sent in the claim. It took awhile to process however, the insurance company paid all of the charges except for about $20.00. It could of been a lesser amount than that they did not cover, I don't remember as it was several years ago. We were very pleased that we had put out the money and got the insurance with couples resort.

In the past, I have had two injuries while at couples negril. Basically self induced, as I was acting younger than I am and having fun. Luckily, I only had to see the nurse on the resort. So for this reason and also medical concerns, we will always get the insurance. Hopefully, none of us will need it for anything serious.

Quote Originally Posted by momof2 View Post
    It has been a few years since we've been to CSA and can't wait to get back this august. Since we've both aged a little and have a few medical problems the time has come to inquire about
    Travel Insurance. Can anyone tell me if Couples insurance is good? Can you make any recommendations? Thanks for any help you can offer.
    In my experience copies insurance ia awful. All you have to ask is what do they provide as a pay out. Read the policy before you buy it!!! It also does not cover airline tickets. Go some where else I will be surprised if they post this message but i hope so.

Travel insurance is strongly recommended, but as someone who is in a boat of a vintage similar to the OP, let me over a perspective I'm sure they were trying to get at.

Losing part or all of your vacation due to weather or delays, losing luggage, minor illnesses or urgent care visits... all minor compared to what COULD happen.

Evacuation costs can be catastrophic to you or your family in the event of an extreme medical crisis or death.

A few years back, a gentleman from Wisconsin, a diabetic who had recently had foot surgery, decided to spend his recuperation at his favorite Jamaican hideaway. Several days into his stay, he was experiencing symptoms of cardiac arrest, and required immediate hospital care. As he was was not near a major medical center, there were delays in getting him the necessary care, and things went severely south from there.

Tragically, he died after a series of unfortunate stumbles and missteps; but for his family, the horror was only beginning. Due to a lot of misinformation about evacuation protocols, as well as the corruption that was inherent in the handling of such incidents, the man's family suffered a severe hit to the tune of several teens of thousands of dollars for his eventual evacuation back to the States and home.

My point is this... When considering whether or not you should buy travel insurance, look beyond the "Cancel for any Reason" criteria. None of us is exempt from health crises simply because we are younger or fitter... stuff still happens, and when it does we should be thinking beyond the cost of our vacation.

Not sure how this post will sequence relative to my previous post on this subject, but I reviewed the coverages on the Couples' TripMate Travel Insurance T&C document and it seems that it's schedule of coverages is pretty consistent with policies we have purchased on our own; that is to say, that it is comprehensive enough for our concerns. The only caveat I would offer is that we've never actually had to make a claim against any of the travel policies we've purchased over the years.

Thanks you to everyone that answered our question about getting travel insurance. We did get the Couples policy and just hope we don't need to use it. Now just waiting for 8-17-2017 so we can get back to Swept Away!!