Default Club MOBAY in June

Hello all...looking for some input/suggestions. We will be arriving in MBJ on Monday, June 19 around 2:45pm. Would like to know thoughts on should we purchase the MOBAY arrival/departure pass. I have read nightmares about the lines being up the ramp at Immigrations. We don't want to start our vacation stuck in too long of a line. Any advice would be helpful and most appreciated.

John

I don't have any experience with this, but i doubt that Monday's in June are busy enough to need Club Mobay.

My travel agent told me if I wasn't the first plane in, it might be useful for arrival. Since we're in at like 10am, it's only 2 other planes. I used it last year the same time, and it seemed like it helped very little. (it was a great experience though, and it really eased my mind and surprised my wife.) The agent recommended it for departure, but meh we don't mind putzing around the airport and eating way overpriced food.

In our opinion it's insurance and we normally buy it because I would rather have it and not need it than need it and not have it. That being said this July we are coming in and not getting it. We had to add a day to our trip due to flights and the wives have decided that they are ok if there is a line because we are going to the cliffs for the first night so no rush. The husbands are ok with the wait because normally we are trying to get to Couples as fast as possible to get signed up for diving the next morning but now that's not an issue. 2:45 is a tough one in my opinion, earlier and there are usually lots of flights but you're late enough that the rush might be over. But what if you're early, or late, and the same goes for all the other flights near your arrival time.

I guess it comes down to what's important to you. When we get it we fully expect the arrivals hall to be empty and I'm sure this July when we don't get it that the line will be up the ramps...

Good luck.

Used MoBay two weeks ago on a early Saturday afternoon arrival and the MoBay line was longer than the regular line. And, we got to the luggage carousel right when our luggage arrived. This has happened both times we have used it and MoBay has become very popular. It really depends on if other planes arrive around the same time. So, it's a gamble.

Life is good

Typically, you can breeze though on arrival so the Club Mobay isn't really necessary. If allowed, use the Kiosks, although our last flight was flagged and we were not able to use them. Again, typically, not a problem, but this year(feb 25/26, Sunday, arriving around 1:30pm was a bear).
    On departure, I would always get it. Consider it an insurance policy. Pro-Tip: If you book through Costco: Club MoBay Departure is included in the package, with or without flight.

Hello! We will be there a week ahead of you. This will be our third time to Jamaica and couples. we have never had to spend more than id say 30 minutes in line. I personally would be more inclined to spring for club mobay during departure day due to having to spend much more time at the airport.
    Enjoy!!

Welcome to Couples,

I actually track Sangster International arrivals just for this reason. However, for the month of June my tracking only gives total flights per day. In June 2016 on Mondays the average was 39 flights per day. Even though I do not have detailed tracking, mid afternoon is generally the busiest time of day.

On our last trip to Couples there were about this many flights the day we arrived. We used Club Mobay. I would say we got to the Couples arrival lounge a little faster than if we hadn't used Club Mobay, but not by a lot. But we still felt it was worth it.

Yes, we have stood in the lines for hours with the line beginning at the top of the ramp. But this was mid afternoon, on a Saturday, during peak tourist season when there were about 70 flights that day.

Kind of a judgement call. You could think of this as insurance. If you get the arrival package only it isn't all that expensive in my opinion.

Enjoy your stay in Paradise.
    Jack and Kathy
    CSA 2007, 2010, and 2016. CTI 2012, 2014. CN 2016 (Trading Places only), 2018, 2020. 2023?

The only time I think the arrival pass is not worth it is if you arrive within the first couple of flights for the day. (10 - 11am arrival). After that it gets busy even on a Monday. The best thing to do is start checking the arrivals for MBJ in late April on each Monday. It will give you flight status for that day only. It won't allow you to check a Monday schedule on a Sunday. If you continue to see multiple flights around your arrival time, then I would say book the arrival. We arrived on a Monday in April at 11:30 am and we may have saved only 15 or 20 minutes with the pass. It's hard to say if it's going to be worth it for you, but if it gives you peace of mind then go for it.

As far as the departure service goes you will have a couple of hours to kill in the airport before your flight. If you don't like overpriced fast food and airport souvenirs, then book the departure as well. Yes... you will have to take money out of your pocket and PAY for your food now. After a few times hanging out at the airport it has gotten old and I think we will be booking the pass for our next trip. I think you can book up to a couple of days before your departure.
    CTI - 07, 10, 13, 15, 16, 18, 21

We were through customs faster than the Mo-Bay people on Wed February 1 this year, there was literally no line. Previous years we have traveled on Friday and the wait has ranged from 10-30 minutes, never longer. I guess we have been fortunate to never arrive to find the line going clear up the ramp but I still don't think club MoBay is worth it. I know that you can be unlucky and have a long customs line but if we had purchased Club Mobay all 8 times to Jamaica we would have spent $800. For that kind of money I'm OK getting stuck in a line for an hour and a half every few trips so that I can save that money to justify an extra 24 hours at CN every few years.

My opinion is you've spent thousands on your vacation already, what's another $100 for the arrival service. Then, there's nothing to worry about. And, why not let the pampering start as soon as you get off the plane. We always get it. As for the departure lounge, we did it once and didn't feel it was worth it.
    <font size=2>
    CN 2006, CSS 2009, CN 2009, CN 2010, CTI 2010, CN 2011, CSS 2012, CN 2012, CN 2013, CSA 2014, CN 2014, CSA 2015, CN 2015, CN 2016, CN 2018, CN2019

Last year we went in July (one month off), and we had Club Mobay. At customs, the normal line, ended up being easy 3+ hours long line and only 1 Club Mobay in front of us. We came in during the week, not the weekend. So ended up being worth every dollar for us. We also had it for leaving, which there was a tropical storm that blew in last day there. Luckily out plane still left on time, but we saw many flights get cancelled and or delayed. So we were happy having it as a nice buffer for place with nice seats, food, clean bathrooms, etc. That was our personal experience. And due to it, we are using them again. But we know from research ourselves, it looks like people get mix results.
    Jason (mbjnt) and Heather (hetoepfer82)
    Sans Souci 2016, (July 2017)

Quote Originally Posted by Mad Jack View Post
    Welcome to Couples,

I actually track Sangster International arrivals just for this reason.
    Can you share the site you use por favor?

We used Mobay on both of our last 2 trips in 2011 and 2013...finally heading back this year after becoming parents on that 2013 trip . We found Mobay ESSENTIAL to both of our trips. On our second trip, DH got sick with the flu the day before we left, so all he wanted to do was lay down after we got off the plane. When we got off of that trip's plane into MB, the line was all the way up the ramp to customs and we walked right pasty everyone and was at the departure lounge in 20 minutes. We saw the people we sat next to on the plane that night at dinner and they said it took 3 hours to get through customs. I'm with Iowahawkeyes - this is insurance to us. After booking such an expensive trip, what's another $100 bucks to make sure you get where you are going as quickly as possible! Have fun! 187 days and counting!

Quote Originally Posted by jwalk View Post
    Hello all...looking for some input/suggestions. We will be arriving in MBJ on Monday, June 19 around 2:45pm. Would like to know thoughts on should we purchase the MOBAY arrival/departure pass. I have read nightmares about the lines being up the ramp at Immigrations. We don't want to start our vacation stuck in too long of a line. Any advice would be helpful and most appreciated.

John
    We had Mobay, and glad we did for our arrival on Saturday, 8/6/16 about 1 pm. Someone right off the plane holding a sign with our name on it walked us through, and helped us with everything. After a long day of travel, we were happy just being able to follow, and not having to think! However, we didn't see much benefit having it on our return flight, so this August we are purchasing just the Mobay on arrival.

Just Google MBJ arrivals or flightstats.com

This is are First trip to CSS. We are arriving on a Tuesday June 20th is the mobay needed or worth it. We have never been to Jamaica. So any info would help. We see some say yes others say no

Well... Beach-bum saw it just as I did. Just got back. Arrived on Sat. at 11:00 P.M. The MoBay line took as much time as the Reg. arrivals. The problem was that MoBay didn't have enough people working and that caused things to back up. We saw the same thing with departure. Think that was the last time for us and Club MoBay. Immigration has gotten a lot better than just a few years ago. Also, the airport itself has improved, and there is a lot more to do or look at upon departure. That'll be another $160 in the pocket!

11:00 pm?

I always think Club Mobay is worth it. It's nice to be able to have a few finger sandwiches and snacks before getting on the van to Couples. So it is more than just getting through lines quickly for us. It's also about the food both coming and going. And the fabulous Rum Punch!
    Juliann & Jeff
    Jamaica Soon Come

Every time we've been the lines have been ridiculous. After the first time we stood in line for almost 2 hrs, we started using MoBay. Last time we were there the line was all the way up the ramp and we passed by everyone and were through in 15 minutes. Like others have stated, it's just cheap insurance to me. Especially since we always fly direct and come in right at the busiest times. I'd much rather have it and not need it than need it and not have it.

Sorry...Jet lag or maybe just beach withdrawal... A.M.

Club Mobay is worth every penny regardless of how busy the airport is, just go for it !

CSA 2014
    CTI 2017

"One good thing about music, when it hits you feel no pain" ~Bob Marley

Quote Originally Posted by AmandanDusty View Post
    This is are First trip to CSS. We are arriving on a Tuesday June 20th is the mobay needed or worth it. We have never been to Jamaica. So any info would help. We see some say yes others say no
    Look on a Tuesday on MBJ arrivals or flightstats.com. Flights don't change very often so you will be able to see how many planes are landing around yours.