Default CTI -> CSS Day Pass

First time to CTI. Can I do day pass to CSS?

Sign up for Romance Rewards before you arrive. As a RR member you can do a "trading places" day from CTI to CSS for no charge. It is from approximately 10 to 4.

Couples website indicates $100/pp for a 10am-6pm day pass.....unless you're a repeater

Join Romance Rewards (free, New Member Form) and then you can do "Trading Places" once during your stay. They provide transportation to the "other" resort in your town (Negril, between CSA and CN; Ocho Rios, between CSS and CTI) at 10am and a trip back at 4pm. If you miss the bus I think you have to take a taxi, but if there is a bus heading to/from the airport you might get a ride. Unfortunately you can't do anything that requires a room number for a reservations (so massages are right out) and you can't stay for dinner or evening entertainment. The last is a pain because I really like one of the restaurants at CTI but I hate the hotel.

Welcome to Couples

Sign up for Couples Romance Rewards. That is what you are supposed to do to qualify for the program.

http://couples.com/romance-rewards

There are a few additional perks, even for first timers. To begin, you can do the Pre Check In. This saves you a little time at the front desk when you arrive. During Check In you need to fill out some forms, mostly with your travel itinerary so Couples can get you back to the airport in plenty of time to catch your flight on the sad day. The Pre Check in must be done at least 3 days before your arrival date. You will need your travel itinerary so you can add things like departure date, airline, flight number, departure time, etc. If you do the Pre Check In this information will already be filled in on the forms saving some time.

Another perk is that you can make your selections for the mini bar in your room. Yes, a stocked mini bar is included. Don't get too carried away because there is plenty to drink on the resort. The first bars open around 10 AM and The Lounge is open until 2 AM. You only need enough for the occasional nightcap. Obviously your mini bar isn't actually stocked until after you arrive on the resort and receive your room assignment. As I said, there enough bars on the resort and you can find plenty to drink until your mini bar is stocked. Again, this only saves a few minutes the first day as you won't need to take the time to fill out the card to have your mini bar stocked.

Finally, getting to the Day Pass. This is not automatic. You must go to Guest Services in the lobby to sign up for the day pass. You will be told when to be in the lobby to go. You will be at CSS from about 10 AM until 4 PM.

For more information look at the Couples FAQ page o the main website. The Trading Places program is near the bottom of the page

http://couples.com/faq

Enjoy your stay in paradise

Returning to Couples in about a year
    Jack and Kathy
    CSA 2007, 2010, and 2016. CTI 2012, 2014. CN 2016 (Trading Places only), 2018, 2020. 2022?

I'm going to be staying at CN in April and I've signed up for the Romance Rewards program.

If we do the Trading Places program to CTI, can we go to the AN island?

CN is on the other side of the island. You can trade between CN and CSA in Negril or CSS and CTI in Ocho Rios.
    Gene and Jeanne
    CSS October 2012, 2013, 2014, 2016, 2017
    CSS/CTI October 2018

Quote Originally Posted by Purplemaggie15 View Post
    I'm going to be staying at CN in April and I've signed up for the Romance Rewards program.

The trading places only allows you to transfer between the resorts in the same city. CN is in Negril with CSA. CTI and CSS are in Ocho Rios (about 3 hours from CN by car). Thus if you are staying at CN your Trading Places option would be to go to CSA.

Hope this helps.

Yes, weather permitting. Another problem could be an island wedding scheduled in the morning. You can ask someone at main desk to call CTI and find out before 9:00 AM bus departure.
    CN 2015
    CSS 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019
    CTI 2016 ( day pass), 2019
    2020 ?

Most definitely. About the only thing that could stop you is the weather. If there are red flag conditions all watersports activity stops just like at any other Couples. This includes the shuttle to and from the island. But this doesn't happen often.

Otherwise simply go to the middle of the pier near the loading area. You never need to wait very long for the shuttle.

Enjoy your stay in Paradise
    Jack and Kathy
    CSA 2007, 2010, and 2016. CTI 2012, 2014. CN 2016 (Trading Places only), 2018, 2020. 2022?

Keep in mind, the drive from CN to CTI is at least 2.5 hours each way, probably closer to 3 hours. Do you really want to give up that much of your time?

No, too far apart. Now you could do a split stay, say 4 days at one and 4 at the other but look forward to a four hour trip and I'm not sure how they do the transfers or if it's included. we stay at one end of the island or the other.

Ohhhhh that makes sense. Thank you all!!

This is our 2nd trip to CTI. We are reward members, and we are interested in trading spaces as we did not do this on our 1st trip (mainly because it was our 1st trip and we had other things we wanted to experience). That being said, I know we can trade spaces for 1 day. Is it possible to do this more than once? I am not sure if we would be interested in doing more than 1 day since we really like CTI, and love the staff there. Just thought I would ask. Thanks in advance for the response, cant wait till Sept!!!!
    One Love!!

RickNDarla

CTI--2016, September 2017

Quote Originally Posted by RickandDarla View Post
    This is our 2nd trip to CTI. We are reward members, and we are interested in trading spaces as we did not do this on our 1st trip (mainly because it was our 1st trip and we had other things we wanted to experience). That being said, I know we can trade spaces for 1 day. Is it possible to do this more than once? I am not sure if we would be interested in doing more than 1 day since we really like CTI, and love the staff there. Just thought I would ask. Thanks in advance for the response, cant wait till Sept!!!!
    That is a definite Maybe. You are supposed to only be able to do it once during your stay, but if there are not a lot of people doing Trading Places you can do it more than once. It just depends. We did it twice on Red Flag days at CTI. I am not sure if that is standard policy on Red Flag days, or whether it was not very busy (the resort was full but there were only three other couples doing Trading Places on the busiest of the two days) or whether I just asked nicely. Or maybe they just don't care.

Thanks for the info. I guess we will just wait and see, no worries!!!!!
    One Love!!

RickNDarla

CTI--2016, September 2017