Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

WintersEscape buy before the end of the month. The early booking bonus will likely end then. If the basic price goes lower, they will price match. But it is your responsibility to notify them.

As an agent I do see the increases in the per night pricing. That being said, I still feel that Couples is one of the best values out there right now. Sure, there are many other resorts that offer similar inclusions, but at what cost? You are enticed in with the lower room rates and yes they are "all inclusive", but then you realize to get the same level of service as Couples that you have to upgrade to a "VIP" level or whatever each resort calls it. What I love about Couples is that everyone is on the same level. Sure, there are differences in rooms, but everyone has the same opportunity to use all of the facilities and book or reserve the same. No one is put on a pedestal because of what they pay, but everyone is made to feel "the most important". It is frustrating selling to clients an "all-inclusive" package that requires more money to have the "best" service. I am a diver, so that being included is HUGE to me. There are not many resorts that offer unlimited diving and especially at a better price. I see all resorts going up in some way or another. With the fluctuation air airfare that throws another wrench into the situation. Check out Sandals pricing and tell me Couples is too high. For basically the same offerings do you want to pay $1000-$2000 more a week for the same room category? I don't like the increases anymore than anyone else, but at the end of the day it is real simple. You get what you pay for. I would be glad to help in anyway I can to get you the best pricing out there. Just my 2 cents.
    Jamaica Us Happy
    Jason & Ann

I suggest that you book thru a TA. There is one i just used for next February that you can find on FB. Her initials are LJJ.

We have just returned from CSS and rebooked for next year. As per this year we have booked direct with Couples through their UK office. The rates quoted to us for a one bedroom beachfront suite are lower than this year saving $167 across the 11 nights (that will cover any bank charges as we have to pay in $ rather than £). Our friends from upstate N.Y. were quoted more than us for a room in D block. Doesn't make sense.

Thanks for the advice JackTOC!
    I'd start my countdown to our trip, but I can't count that high, which just means I have a long time to look forward to it!

What is this Returning Guest Discount? We have been to Couples 10 times in the past 11 years and have never received an e-mail offering us this discount. Are you offered this immediately after your current stay?

Quote Originally Posted by K&J92 View Post
    What is this Returning Guest Discount? We have been to Couples 10 times in the past 11 years and have never received an e-mail offering us this discount. Are you offered this immediately after your current stay?
    We checked out of CSS on 8/13/16, and received the email on 8/16/16.Name:  _20170328_125204.JPG
Views: 1737
Size:  88.4 KB

Well, I have been trying very hard to find rates that we can afford. Being Canadian, with terrible dollar, we pay so much more. I tried a travel agent, but the rates were higher than what I found. Lowest I found was C$666 per night for CN, which is almost 10K for the trip without flights. We considered shortening our stay and doing only 1 week instead of our usual 2, but we have such a long way to go, we’re always sorry when we do that. We also considered moving to a cheaper time of year, but we want to be away ON the date of our 10th anniversary. So, as difficult as it was, we’ve booked another adult only all-inclusive chain in Mexico, (because we couldn’t bear to be on Jamaica and not be at Couples). We paid so much less per night that we’re saving over $3000. We’re very sad about this, as we’re going to miss returning to Couples after staying at all 4 resorts for a total of 36 nights over all of our trips. I wish they were more competitive with their pricing and truly did offer early booking rates, but when the prices goes way up and then “slashed” to higher than what they were prior, that’s not a deal. I hope one day they truly will have a sale and we can return.

boooo!
    Quote Originally Posted by Coloradojuli View Post
    Thanks Glad I could help you out.
    SW just released their flights for end of September (when we are going) and they don't have a flight from PHX to MBJ during that time of the year So we are back to paying $1400+ for our flights.

CSA 2009, 2014 [20th anniversary]
    CSS 2010
    CN 2011
    CTI 2017 [50th birthday & 23rd anniversary], 2019 [25th anniversary]

Quote Originally Posted by WintersEscape View Post
    Repeaters - my wife and I are planning our first Jamaican vacation in Jan 2018. I see some early bird specials out there, but this thread has me confused - is now a good time to buy or is there an inevitable price drop coming?
    Looks like it would be $512/nt for 7 nights in Premier Ocean at CTI.
    January/February is probably as expensive as it gets for accommodations on the island. Early bird specials are probably not so special... supply and demand.

Too close the loop: we did end up booking under the early booking special. It came to $3584 without flights... which is the same price as it has been since the Early Booking Special ended. The main difference being that the special comes with a $250 resort credit that I don't see offered with their "everyday" price.
    Realize Jan might be on the expensive side, but gaining 70+ degrees vs. home is worth it!

Just booked using the Returning Guest Discount in the email we got (left CSS July 18, booked today July 24). Seems like the discount is 6% off whatever rate is on the website couples.com. We'll take it!

Default Early Booking Bonus

Has anyone booked this week using the new early booking bonus? I went to book same week as usual at end of October and the 2019 rates have increased 18%. We return every year and these rates for next year will force us to look elsewhere. I'm very upset to think we won't return in 2019. Has anyone encountered the same type of increase? I understand rates will increase but 18% is too much for us.

I have been trying to determine the benefit of booking a 2019 trip using this early booking special that also gives you free nights if you book a summer trip in 2018. The 2019 rates jumped up and the kicker is the 2018 rates jumped up to the same level. With two free nights on another 2018 trip as part of the special, the trip would cost me more than the 2018 trip I already have booked.

I hate this game of offering free nights but increasing the rates to where the trip is actually more expensive.

I am going to CN in October for my 8th consecutive year and was considering an extra trip this year but these games are somewhat upsetting. I hope the rate schedule is brought back close to where it was and any future specials are actually promoted over regular rates and not inflated ones. If these inflated ones are the new normal rates then I might have to find a new vacation spot.

Quote Originally Posted by DanTheRed View Post
    So, not to distract from the core discussion, but this is a double whammy when airfare is added in. From my market (ATL), we are seeing a massive strangling by Delta, which is the lowest when you take away Spirit, whose times and quality are much worse due to its extreme discount nature.

A good price out of ATL is $400-$450. Delta starts at $650 and up for most dates.

Anyone else seeing this trend in other markets?

P.S. - part of the big quality bump with Delta is the fact that it's a nonstop, so from a hassle / time / risk perspective, you see their appeal.
    Yes - they raised the prices when Southwest stopped flying non-stop - they will stay at $650 until about 90 days out from your trip - a couple of tips and you can get the rate closer to $475:

1> check the flexible dates - flying on Tuesday-Monday is way cheaper than Friday-Thursday

2> Don't book until 45-90 days out

3> The early (9:00) flight will usually be $20-30 cheaper

I have seen these dramatic increases in airfare as well. Flying from Mississippi, we fly from either Memphis or Jackson and have to go through Atlanta, Charlotte, or for the first time this coming October through Houston on United. I have looked at driving to Atlanta to fly direct but the ticket cost is about the same as flying from Jackson or Memphis.

Also American and Delta has started this new "basic economy" airfare that restricts you seat choices and also no overhead bin usage.

The increase in room rates and this airfare mess is really really getting to me!!!

I think prices for travel to/in Jamaica and other areas that were not affected by the hurricanes this past year will continue to rise until all of the Caribbean recovers.

Short attention span, much? I'm wondering how much the increase (this time around) is the same "shock and awww...crap" game, and how much is actually a supply vs demand thing due to last year's storms.

Default I agree with this agent!

Quote Originally Posted by JSTONE1973 View Post
    As an agent I do see the increases in the per night pricing. That being said, I still feel that Couples is one of the best values out there right now. Sure, there are many other resorts that offer similar inclusions, but at what cost? You are enticed in with the lower room rates and yes they are "all inclusive", but then you realize to get the same level of service as Couples that you have to upgrade to a "VIP" level or whatever each resort calls it. What I love about Couples is that everyone is on the same level. Sure, there are differences in rooms, but everyone has the same opportunity to use all of the facilities and book or reserve the same. No one is put on a pedestal because of what they pay, but everyone is made to feel "the most important". It is frustrating selling to clients an "all-inclusive" package that requires more money to have the "best" service. I am a diver, so that being included is HUGE to me. There are not many resorts that offer unlimited diving and especially at a better price. I see all resorts going up in some way or another. With the fluctuation air airfare that throws another wrench into the situation. Check out Sandals pricing and tell me Couples is too high. For basically the same offerings do you want to pay $1000-$2000 more a week for the same room category? I don't like the increases anymore than anyone else, but at the end of the day it is real simple. You get what you pay for. I would be glad to help in anyway I can to get you the best pricing out there. Just my 2 cents.
    This is so true. I always price out other options before booking, and nothing ever beats Couples for us. We especially like booking with the early booking specials so we can take advantage of the extra resort credits to buy souvenirs, private sunset cruises, and I especially like we can purchase photos of the two of us from their photo hut! Kudos to the resort photographers! We’ll have $400 credit this next trip #5, between the early booking bonus and our Romance Rewards! I just can’t find a better deal!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2