Thread: drinking water

Default drinking water

My Fiancé and I are getting married on March 27th and I was wondering if I should bring a case of bottled water and a few sodas, but am unsure if we could with customs. Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks

The drinking water in Jamaica is very good...no need for a case of water. Sodas are also provided.
    Gene and Jeanne
    CSS October 2012, 2013, 2014, 2016, 2017
    CSS/CTI October 2018

You won't have a problem with water quality at any of the Couples resorts!

Waters fine at CN; drank the fruit infused stuff the entire time I was there. They have ample sodas options as well. Unless of course you have certain brands you like/dislike. Not sure if they carry Coke, Pepsi or a combo...

I saw no reason to bring any outside drinks, but I dont lean coke/pepsi ... all taste the same to me!

The water at the resorts is safe to drink. Also, sodas will not be necessary. Last year CSS had Coke products in the mini fridge and CN had Pepsi products.

This is not necessary. You can drink from the tap in Jamaica. They also provide you with refillable water bottles. You get soda in your mini fridge and there are soda machines throughout the resort.

They offer bottled water and sodas at the resort. Wouldn't think there would be any need to bring it.

Congrats! You will not need to bring water or soda's with you. Plenty of options on the resort to get drinking water (including the faucet) and soda. Enjoy your time!

Welcome to Couples,

We have never had any issues with the water at any Couples resort. Nothing wrong with their tap water. Doesn't taste funny. Never had any digestive issues. No need to waste precious luggage space carrying water. They provide bottled water in your stocked mini bar.

At CTI you will each get a drinking water bottle. You will find a dispenser for chilled filtered water on each floor. The concept is that millions of plastic water bottles end up in Jamaican landfills. This is Couples way of reducing this waste plastic, even if it is just a little. Couples is supposed to implement this at their other resorts. But they didn't have the water dispensers at CSA or CN last year when we were there.

Enjoy your stay in paradise
    Jack and Kathy
    CSA 2007, 2010, and 2016. CTI 2012, 2014. CN 2016 (Trading Places only), 2018, 2020. 2022?

I would say there is no need to bring water. We've been to CTI 3 times and have never had an issue with water.
    Dave & Rachel
    CTI: October 2009, March 2013, November 2015
    CN: November 2017

My wife drank a lot of water last week at CN, and I had some as well as sodas and we had no problems. I doubt if you could get through customs with that much.

All is good,
    Duane & Mary

We have been to CSA for the last 13 years and never needed to bring water or soda, it's Jamaica not Mexico. Good luck with your Wedding plans, we have seen many over the year and they are all beautiful. Oh, remember that it is hot and sunny so guys in black suet is not good.

Just 48 days till we return home to CSA !!!

Chris & Paul

You don't need to bring water. First, the water at the resorts is fine. If you do want bottled water, it's available.

Jamaica has its own filtration plant and the water is totally drinkable. The resort has plenty of sodas replenished everyday in your room and many at the bars. Go and enjoy your wedding. I am sure you can arrange any special requests through your wedding coordinator.

Respect mom, me ire
    Cortal

Its not Mexico, no worries