Hybrid View

Default CTI Naked Snorkeling

Can you snorkel off the island at CTI?

And can you do it naked? If so, is this what most people do? Thx.

You'll have to bring your own. You are only allowed to use the resort's gear on the snorkeling trips. If you do bring your own, leave the fins home... They take up a lot of suitcase room.

I always snorkel nude off of TI and many other do also. Enjoy!!

Quote Originally Posted by ciny_couple2017 View Post
    Can you snorkel off the island at CTI?

And can you do it naked? If so, is this what most people do? Thx.
    Used to swim every morning before breakfast off the main beach. There was a large barracuda loitering near the Bayside restaurant each day. Not sure, ahem, I'd be happy snorkeling naked.

We were there in March of 16. The barracuda had migrated slightly from Bayside more towards the middle, usually hanging out under the scuba boat. You can snorkel off the island, however when we were there, the tide was very low, and the bottom is not very sandy, so be aware of the sea urchins and the coral!! Don't want to me getting stung or scraped up in those delicate areas!! We are heading back home September 14th-23rd! Cant wait!!!!
    One Love!!

RickNDarla

CTI--2016, September 2017

My wife and I will be at CTI in June 2017. I thought I read in a post somewhere that the area around the island - for nearby snorkelling - is kindof trashy with tires, etc.
    Besides watching out for low tide - and rock/coral/sea urchin hazards - how is the snorkeling? How does it compare (and I wouldn't expect it to be nearly as nice) to the snorkeling trips?
    Thanks for your insights,
    Martin

Martin,

We found the snorkeling to be awesome. We did go on the snorkeling trip offered at CTI. IT was very nice and we seen a lot of sea life. The snorkeling off the beach we found to be just as nice. There is a lot of coral and sea life to the right of the beach all around Bayside. We seen lionfish, puffer fish, as well as many different types of corals and other fish. I believe that you will need your own snorkel equipment if you decide to do any snorkeling, on your own (one of the other posters with more experience can clarify). I will try to post some pics. I maybe able to send you some videos if you get me your contact info. Enjoy your vacation!!!
    One Love!!

RickNDarla

CTI--2016, September 2017