Default Message Board Update

I know it is probably time consuming but if they aren't going to update the message board more regularly than they do now, just delete it.

Something you should understand about this message board. This is a moderated board and you really wouldn't want it any other way. Moderated means that any post must be looked at and approved by the moderator before it makes it onto the board. Unmoderated boards would be full of trolls, political rants, advertisements for things like male enhancement drugs, timeshare advertisements, etc. There would be too much of this garbage to sift through and people would quickly lose interest.

Part two. There are only two moderators for this board. Michelle who is the primary and Carrie who fills in sometimes. This is not their primary responsibility, it is an additional duty. They do a wonderful job in my opinion. They also deserve a day off to be with their friends and family. So yes, the board will go dormant every once in awhile, especially over a holiday.

This type board is for general discussion and really should not be used for pressing issues that require a more immediate or personal response. If you look at the upper lefthand corner of the screen you will see a button labeled "Contact". You could use the toll free number to call Couples directly. Or you can send them an email. This would give you a faster response than this moderated forum.

I personally like this moderated forum and would not want to see it change.
    Jack and Kathy
    CSA 2007, 2010, and 2016. CTI 2012, 2014. CN 2016 (Trading Places only), 2018, 2020. 2023?

One a day during the week days seems reasonable.

I find they update it daily but not on weekends. Not a big deal imo

I too like the moderated board even if it does get updated immediately.
    Gene and Jeanne
    CSS October 2012, 2013, 2014, 2016, 2017
    CSS/CTI October 2018

Blog Entries

Hi tropical_cpl,

Can you advise when you had an issue with the message board not being updated? I usually do it multiple times per day except on weekends when it's reduced to possibly once per day.
    Michelle Gordon
    ------------------
    On-Island Social Media Coordinator
    Couples Resorts

A contributing factor here should be mentioned. The board has always been updated once or maybe a couple times a day. However the volume of posts has been reduced dramatically over the years. I've been on the message board since 2005. In past years when the updates occurred there would often be dozens of new posts, either new threads or responses to existing ones. These days when the updates are posted we are lucky to see 8 or 10 new posts, usually fewer. I think it's just that there are not as many folks, both newbies and old hands, on the message board with questions, reviews, meet-ups or shout outs. The golden years of this message board have come and gone I'm afraid, but it still provides a great service to those looking for answers or opinions on the Couples resorts and spending time in our favorite place in the world. I will continue to check in several times a week to see what's new.
    See you at the beach!
    dirtleg & sandyfoot

Quote Originally Posted by dirtleg View Post
    A contributing factor here should be mentioned. The board has always been updated once or maybe a couple times a day. However the volume of posts has been reduced dramatically over the years. I've been on the message board since 2005. In past years when the updates occurred there would often be dozens of new posts, either new threads or responses to existing ones. These days when the updates are posted we are lucky to see 8 or 10 new posts, usually fewer. I think it's just that there are not as many folks, both newbies and old hands, on the message board with questions, reviews, meet-ups or shout outs. The golden years of this message board have come and gone I'm afraid, but it still provides a great service to those looking for answers or opinions on the Couples resorts and spending time in our favorite place in the world. I will continue to check in several times a week to see what's new.
    It seems the trend for getting and sharing information has gone to the Facebook groups. If you do have FB, do a search for Couples, and join the groups with the larger number of members. CSS has almost 4,000 members, CTI 3,000, CN and CSA over 6,000 members.

Hi Novastar,
    You used to post on this board a great deal and I am a member of the social media pages, but I have to admit that I prefer this message board. I understand that there are possibly faster answers there, but it discourages me that many of your recent postings here direct people away from this message board in favor of social media.
    I admit that I am an old dog and hate to learn new tricks...actually I dislike social media but I still enjoy this board.
    Gene and Jeanne
    CSS/CTI October 2018

JEANNEW, I'm with you. I don't get on the social media thing, but there is something about this board that gives me a small feel of being at Couples. It atleast gets me thinking of Couples. Can't wait to get wet!

BarDar, I completely agree with you. I check this board everyday (from my work desk) and it makes me smile to think about being at Couples. We are barred from using work computers on social media, so this board helps me look forward to our next trip.
    It is very discouraging to me when I keep seeing answers that are not really answers, just directions to another form of communication....and therefore sending people away from this board. I also find that after I sit at my computer all day long, I am not the least bit interested to log into the social media pages after work.
    Gene and Jeanne
    CSS/CTI October 2018

Not a big fan of the social media stuff either. Much prefer the moderated message board. Perhaps if the link to the message board were up at the top of the main web page, like it used to be (hint, hint), more [new] people would know it was there and use it to learn about the Couples resorts from those who've been there.

Quote Originally Posted by tropical_cpl View Post
    I know it is probably time consuming but if they aren't going to update the message board more regularly than they do now, just delete it.
    If you are unhappy with this board quit using it...some of us value it's existance. Not everything in life has to be instantanious.

JEEZ!!