Default Day trip into Ocho Rios

My wife and I will be at CTI around the first of May. Is there any way to hire a guide to just take us into Ochi to see the town, eat lunch with locals, etc.? We'd like to steer clear of the tourists (if at all possible) for 2-3 hours and get to know the people of Jamaica. CTI includes so many excellent excursions, but we want to get out and about on our own (safely, of course).

Jeanne & Chris

The resort can arrange this for you.
    <font size=2>
    CN 2006, CSS 2009, CN 2009, CN 2010, CTI 2010, CN 2011, CSS 2012, CN 2012, CN 2013, CSA 2014, CN 2014, CSA 2015, CN 2015, CN 2016, CN 2018, CN2019

Go to Guest Services they can call a taxi for you.

If you want a taste of real Jamaican Jerk, go to Scotchies! Best jerk you will ever have I guarantee it! Its where the locals go as well as some tourists. We go every year but make sure you don't go on a day when the cruise boats are in. (Trust me on this one) Make arrangements with the concierge for the taxi. It will cost around $40 and take about 20 minutes to get there. We always have the taxi driver come in with us and buy his lunch. Its fun to sit and talk to the drivers and learn about their lives. Everything is amazing but the fish is some of the best I have ever had. If you get a good driver they'll explain what everything is and help you order. The concierge may be able to request a specific driver if you tell them what you're looking for. We recently had a friend go to Jamaica for the first time on business and he went to Scotchies. He couldn't stop raving about it. It really is that good.
    CN 2003, 2006, 2013
    CSS 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014
    There's no place like home in Jamaica!

Quote Originally Posted by rrallen View Post
    If you want a taste of real Jamaican Jerk, go to Scotchies! Best jerk you will ever have I guarantee it! Its where the locals go as well as some tourists. We go every year but make sure you don't go on a day when the cruise boats are in. (Trust me on this one) Make arrangements with the concierge for the taxi. It will cost around $40 and take about 20 minutes to get there. We always have the taxi driver come in with us and buy his lunch. Its fun to sit and talk to the drivers and learn about their lives. Everything is amazing but the fish is some of the best I have ever had. If you get a good driver they'll explain what everything is and help you order. The concierge may be able to request a specific driver if you tell them what you're looking for. We recently had a friend go to Jamaica for the first time on business and he went to Scotchies. He couldn't stop raving about it. It really is that good.
    I've heard about this place. I'm glad to hear a good review from a Couples' guest. Thanks!

Jeanne & Chris