Default Missing Beach at CSS??

Below the mineral pool there seems to be a small beach, at least from some aerial photos....I don't remember seeing a set of stairs going in that direction. Does the beach still exist and as a beach, how is it??

That said it took me visits over 3 years to discover the elevator.

Hello, we were at CSS this past May and I did venture down onto this "beach" which would be a pretty cool place to hang - though it's small..... IF IT WEREN'T for the HUNDREDS and HUNDREDS of large long-legged CRABS that climb up the wall, on the sand and into the water. ewwwwwww! It gives me the willies everytime I think of it! If they don't bother you - it might be a nice place to visit, but not for me!

Quote Originally Posted by Gatekeeper View Post
    Below the mineral pool there seems to be a small beach, at least from some aerial photos....I don't remember seeing a set of stairs going in that direction. Does the beach still exist and as a beach, how is it??

It depends on the tide. Sometimes there is a little sand to step out on and sometimes the water is right up to the concrete. If you are exploring by Charlie's waterfall, there is a small area there....a sauna and a little area that looks like you could have a massage or mud treatment there. This is the area that I love to snorkel, but only if the water is calm. The reef is very close but you see a great variety of sea life there....barracudas, sting rays, pipe fish, angel fish, puffer fish, surgeon fish...very fun! If it is really windy or stormy, the water there is very choppy, but on a calm day it is beautiful.
    Gene and Jeanne
    CSS October 2012, 2013, 2014, 2016, 2017
    CSS/CTI October 2018

I believe the stairs down to this little beach are by the mineral pools and waterfall.

Quote Originally Posted by rim1one View Post
    I believe the stairs down to this little beach are by the mineral pools and waterfall.
    Yes, the thing that makes then counter-intuitive is that the stairs on one the far side from the ocean. You go down the stairs, under the bridge and out to the mini beach.

THe stairs that lead down to the Sauna take you to this beach..... You did know there was a Sauna, correct?

Quote Originally Posted by Artie View Post
    THe stairs that lead down to the Sauna take you to this beach..... You did know there was a Sauna, correct?
    If there is I've never seen that either!!

If there is I've never seen that either!!
    You are funny Gatekeeper. Next time you are there, take a walk toward Charlie's waterfall....if you are facing the fall, turn to your left. You will find a short walkway. Straight ahead of you will be the steps to go on to the "hidden Beach". Just before that open doorway, look to your left and you will see the sauna.

If you are standing at the waterfall and you turn to your right, there is a stairway that takes you by the hidden hot tub....have you seen that?
    Last edited by JEANNEW; December 1st, 2016 at 11:47 AM.
    Gene and Jeanne
    CSS/CTI October 2018

I must be going to the wrong resort...Couples Sans Souci, right??

Yes indeed Gatekeeper. Have you ever walked from the Mineral Pool to the spa area? If so, you were in the correct vicinity. Also, there is a freshwater cold spring located by the mineral pool....very small area, but interesting. and refreshing. Next visit, stand in front of Charlie's waterfall and then look around at the different paths available and explore. If you happen to be staying in G Block, there is a good chance you can stand on your balcony and look down to see the hidden hot tub from there.
    Also if you walk around the sandy area at the fitness center, you can see the fresh spring over the side closest to the wedding gazebo.
    Gene and Jeanne
    CSS/CTI October 2018

LOL!! Spending too much time at the bar me thinks! And, as mentioned above, find the spring pool near the fitness centre. You can sit and dangle your feet into the pool, and little fish come and nibble ate your feet. Tickles!!