Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Do people not do any research before shelling out their hard earned money for vacation?

There was nothing about my stay at CSA that I didn't know before I arrived. I literally read hundreds of reviews and viewed hundreds of photos. I was purposefully looking for a place where I would not be bothered by activities people trying to drag me into a game of volleyball or twister or dice or whatever. I wanted a place where my wife and I could go and get some ol' fashioned "R & R". If the OP had done their homework, maybe they would've known that CSA has a nightclub that kicks off around 11 pm. It can get pretty hoppin' in there....Maybe that would've been a better option for them.

Are there things I wish CSA could do better? Of course, no place is perfect. But it checks enough boxes for us that it's about as close to perfect for us as we could find. (Although if they continue to with the rate increases, we may need to consider other destinations).

And yes, we are also "younger minded and well-traveled"....having visiting many all-inclusive and non-AIs in the Caribbean. If we were are looking for a more "active" resort, we know where to go and have done so in the past.

Well I read all the reply and come to the simple conclusion that we did not do our homework before going to CN, and that's cool with us at least we got to see what it was all about and experience it for ourselves. By the way the post was not a Spam and we were there, we don't play kids game as we are grown Adults and just so we clear the air on that subject. here it is.....Name:  IMG_0152.JPG
Views: 2573
Size:  54.6 KB

Thank you all for your input

Happy trails...
    Last edited by novastar; November 30th, 2016 at 05:23 PM.

As Yogi Berra once said:

"Nobody goes there anymore because it's too crowded"

LOL
    Captain Jim
    "I will grow old....
    But I won't grow up"

I believe that if you fill out the form on line that you would be able to go on the day pass, because I went with first timers and we did that on line and all of us went to SA

Staff not involved enough? Everyone in bed by 10:30? Don't know what resort you were at, but it wasn't the CN we went to. Every day the activities staff came around and announced activities that were about to start. I don't want them to constantly harp on upcoming classes and such...coming around once to make sure everyone knew what was going on was plenty. One staff member even sought out my husband so they could play table tennis because he knew how much my husband enjoyed playing. We always found we were the early birds leaving the piano bar...at midnight...and there were plenty of folks still partying there. Also, how does one rate the staff as excellent but then says that management needs to get their act together??? I also never ate the same thing twice when there for a week, so not sure what they mean by "the same menu all the time." Though the particular week you're there can make a difference based on the other guests...I didn't find anything you listed as a con to be true. And yes, the bonfire and music was awesome.

The only -ONLY issue I had with CN is the pool bar music. It is a lil too quiet. Great choice of some of Jamaicas finest tunes, but you can barley hear it. By 3pm most guests are a few drinks in and there is a small window where the pool bar becomes a party. Slightly louder music would make that enviroment a tad bit funner.

Quote Originally Posted by BOLTFISH View Post
    The only -ONLY issue I had with CN is the pool bar music. It is a lil too quiet. Great choice of some of Jamaicas finest tunes, but you can barley hear it. By 3pm most guests are a few drinks in and there is a small window where the pool bar becomes a party. Slightly louder music would make that enviroment a tad bit funner.
    Sorry, but I'm showing my age here. One of the reasons we are making our 3rd trip in past year to CN next week is just that. No boom boom music like they play at all the Mexican resorts.

Quote Originally Posted by wazeerally View Post
    I hope my message get posted by whoever is moderating this board. I just got back from Couples Negril, we were there form 11/11 - 11/16/2016
    We are 44\43 very open minded and easy going, love to have fun. Its our first time at CN but been to Jamaica over 6 times. We been travelling the world for the last 15 years and CN just top our list for the worst Resort ever. With that being said here are the Pros and Cons in our point of view.

PROS:
    The staff is excellent
    Rooms are up to date
    Great Beach
    Great pool
    Bon Fire was aswome

CONS:
    Management need to get their act together and do something about that resort, its a shame how that place operates
    Your days are pretty much the pool and beach that's it period unless you have excursion, the free water sports is a given at every resort so I will just skip that 1 hour of your day consider you decide to take part. They are volleyball, trivia, and a few 10 mins class the issue is that the staff is not involve enough if you are there you are there if not they really don't care which is awful. Part of their jobs should be to pull people and get them involve in fun activities.
    The Nude beach was just another nude beach like everywhere else as we spend a few hours there.

Lets move on to after 6PM
    The 4 restaurants they have they shuffle the menu around so pretty much you are eating off the same menu for 4 nights.
    9PM they have a performance at the Cassava Terries not sure where they fining these people to perform from. You couldn't pay me to watch those shows after what I seen.
    So its 10PM and all that left is the Piano Bar, now there is no one playing Piano there but there is a sing along Friday sat sun mon, Tuesday they had some reggae music playing more like a disco.

People are there for a vacation and a good time who in there right mind wants to do sing along 4 nights really are you kidding me???????
    So the sing a long, every one disappear by 11PM.
    The reggae music night the resort was deserted by 10:30PM.

Our fist night which was Friday night we out until 4AM me and my wife just playing music by ourselves everyone went to bed by 10:30PM

So here is my final point, I spoke with a lot of couples, within the age of 28 - 46. They all felt that this resort is catering for a specific age group which is above 45 and also repeat customers. I saw lots of mid age couples and if they are not catering to everyone, how do you expect to built your resort for future customers. They are young people, mid age people and older people there, you have to cater to everyone.

We ask for a day pass to CSA, they told us since we are first timer they will try, least to say they told us CSA was under construction and we couldn't go to see the resort because there was no vacant room to show to us, that was Sunday. The same evening I spoke to a return customer and she told me they are going to CSA on Monday with a day pass.

They will charge you an Environmental fee of 6.00 once you check out unless you ask them they wont tell you about it. Its optional but again they don't tell unless you ask.

Sorry to say:
    We will never return to this resort, we wont recommend to friends / families, its a waste of hard earn Dollars not to have a good time.

I suggest you go and see for yourself and then make your own judgment. This is what we felt and couples we spoke with felt the same.

Happy Travels to all!!!!! Off to Desire Pearl Jan 2017, All nude all good.

Wazeer & Bibi
    "The naked truth" - no. This isn't truth, just your opinion.
    <font size=2>
    CN 2006, CSS 2009, CN 2009, CN 2010, CTI 2010, CN 2011, CSS 2012, CN 2012, CN 2013, CSA 2014, CN 2014, CSA 2015, CN 2015, CN 2016, CN 2018, CN2019

Actually Grand Lido is coming back as an Au Natural Hotel (26 suites) on the point ( part of the old property)

Yup, if you would have signed up ahead of time for Romance Rewards, you could have done the Trading Places. Obviously Couples resorts aren't for you.

Thanks for the review. The pros you indicated are my top priority items. Entertainment...not so much. When I'm traveling with just my husband, I'm fine with evenings alone. If it's a vacation with friends and family, we do look for things to do. If the beach and pool are good and employees are ready to assist with information, drinks or what have you, I would probably be a happy CN guest.

We went to Couples Negril 2 years ago. I didn't do a lot of research but I knew I wanted an adults only for our 20th Anniversary. We also had friends that have been there so I was confident that we would like it. We loved it. We did all the water sports, Rick's Cafe and spent most afternoons in our room. I liked that we weren't bothered to do classes or other things. I would have liked to do more night life but I was too tired. Two months after we were there I got diagnosed with colon cancer. I was so glad that I was able to just relax and go what I wanted without being told when and where things were happening. When I wanted to do something I went. When I was too tired I didn't. We are going back at the end of February to Tower Isle. I can't wait. I want to try the night life. I want to try different things. I want to be able to go at my own pace which I now I will because that is the type of resort they run. I know you didn't have the best time, but many of us do.

Quote Originally Posted by playfullvrs View Post
    I think Couples really understands their clientele and have clearly designed an offering the engenders loyalty.

That said, I must agree with the OP. We just returned from CTI having visited 11/20-25. We found that we are not the target profile for this resort. It became clear after the first day that we were too young (young-minded?) and well-traveled to settle for what Couples offered. The CTI experience most closely resembled a cruise with its watered-down music options, bland menus, and restrained activity staff. The island was cool and we did enjoy excellent service from a handful of employees throughout our stay while the majority of employees offered uninspired service. Watching a talented reggae group belt out top 40 ballads cemented our decision never to return to a Couples resort.

We seek greater authenticity, spice, and fun on our trips. There are so many better options for us so we'll continue to search out those locations that better align with our expectations.
    While I disagree with most of your post, I have to admit I am so sick of seeing the Silver Birds Steel Drum Band. I love steel drum music, but not when it is a Michael Jackson or Whitney Houston song. Authentic Jamaican music would be SOOOO much more enjoyable than this group.

wazeerally..I have read and reread your thread and I see no one agrees with you.

Your words show hate.You tried to make people believe you but no one did as they know better.

You appear to be a very unhappy couple as you tried so hard to put down a resort that has such a huge following.

After going to CN one or twice a year since 2005,I can honestly say "You are full of bullshit".

CN..Couples Negril..A resort where strangers meet,share laughs,have fun,share drinks and become life long hugging friends.

Hugs from Tommywommy

Name:  14.jpg
Views: 790
Size:  13.2 KB

Artie...You have a point!

Quote Originally Posted by Artie View Post
    While I disagree with most of your post, I have to admit I am so sick of seeing the Silver Birds Steel Drum Band. I love steel drum music, but not when it is a Michael Jackson or Whitney Houston song. Authentic Jamaican music would be SOOOO much more enjoyable than this group.
    This was one of our highlites on our last trip. Love when classic sounds meet the modern! That is

We enjoyed all of the entertainment- Im a HUGE fan of 70s/80s new wave music scene which included a new surge of Reggae/Ska to the states!

Any version of Carribbean sounds like Ska and Reggae which includes classic beats of horns and drums is a treat for my wife and I.

Authentic Jamican music is a fusion of lots of genres...
    Last edited by BOLTFISH; January 18th, 2017 at 08:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Artie View Post
    Agree 100%!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2