Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default The Naked Truth about Couples Negril!!!!!!!

I hope my message get posted by whoever is moderating this board. I just got back from Couples Negril, we were there form 11/11 - 11/16/2016
    We are 44\43 very open minded and easy going, love to have fun. Its our first time at CN but been to Jamaica over 6 times. We been travelling the world for the last 15 years and CN just top our list for the worst Resort ever. With that being said here are the Pros and Cons in our point of view.

PROS:
    The staff is excellent
    Rooms are up to date
    Great Beach
    Great pool
    Bon Fire was aswome

CONS:
    Management need to get their act together and do something about that resort, its a shame how that place operates
    Your days are pretty much the pool and beach that's it period unless you have excursion, the free water sports is a given at every resort so I will just skip that 1 hour of your day consider you decide to take part. They are volleyball, trivia, and a few 10 mins class the issue is that the staff is not involve enough if you are there you are there if not they really don't care which is awful. Part of their jobs should be to pull people and get them involve in fun activities.
    The Nude beach was just another nude beach like everywhere else as we spend a few hours there.

Lets move on to after 6PM
    The 4 restaurants they have they shuffle the menu around so pretty much you are eating off the same menu for 4 nights.
    9PM they have a performance at the Cassava Terries not sure where they fining these people to perform from. You couldn't pay me to watch those shows after what I seen.
    So its 10PM and all that left is the Piano Bar, now there is no one playing Piano there but there is a sing along Friday sat sun mon, Tuesday they had some reggae music playing more like a disco.

People are there for a vacation and a good time who in there right mind wants to do sing along 4 nights really are you kidding me???????
    So the sing a long, every one disappear by 11PM.
    The reggae music night the resort was deserted by 10:30PM.

Our fist night which was Friday night we out until 4AM me and my wife just playing music by ourselves everyone went to bed by 10:30PM

So here is my final point, I spoke with a lot of couples, within the age of 28 - 46. They all felt that this resort is catering for a specific age group which is above 45 and also repeat customers. I saw lots of mid age couples and if they are not catering to everyone, how do you expect to built your resort for future customers. They are young people, mid age people and older people there, you have to cater to everyone.

We ask for a day pass to CSA, they told us since we are first timer they will try, least to say they told us CSA was under construction and we couldn't go to see the resort because there was no vacant room to show to us, that was Sunday. The same evening I spoke to a return customer and she told me they are going to CSA on Monday with a day pass.

They will charge you an Environmental fee of 6.00 once you check out unless you ask them they wont tell you about it. Its optional but again they don't tell unless you ask.

Sorry to say:
    We will never return to this resort, we wont recommend to friends / families, its a waste of hard earn Dollars not to have a good time.

I suggest you go and see for yourself and then make your own judgment. This is what we felt and couples we spoke with felt the same.

Happy Travels to all!!!!! Off to Desire Pearl Jan 2017, All nude all good.

Wazeer & Bibi

Sounds like you should have done a bit more research...many of the things you complain about are the reasons we chose Couples. I don't recall expecting anything different the first time we went to Couples. I think a Carnival Cruise type vacation is more what you are after.

Sorry you were disappointed.

By By, have fun

Looks like you just don't get what Couples is all about. Enjoy your time at Desire Pearl. Probably a much better fit for your vacation style. You should have booked at Hedo instead.

The person you talked to was most likely a Romance Rewards member, which you could have been if you had just signed up, it isn't hard. I was 33 on our first trip to CN and I loved it, we are returning next July for our 3rd trip. I've done a fair amount of world traveling and always compare everywhere to CN. If you went to CN for a party atmosphere then I have to wonder what you were thinking? CN is laid back and relaxing, I don't go there to have an activities coordinator hassle me about playing games with you or anyone else. If you want that there are plenty of those types of places in the world. With that said if the mood strikes us we will join in on these events. I always find it funny when 1 out of a couple hundred guests has a response like you and how personal they take it. Did you see how many people were there during your stay? Does it really seem like CN is going to go out of business because it wasn't to your liking? I also see that you shared your experience on trip advisor, good for you, I also see that you have yet to review a place and give it a good review, odd... This is why I couldn't be in management because sometimes there are people you just can't please and no matter what you do they are always going to say that it's the resorts fault. Suck it up buttercup and maybe research a place before you visit if your needs are so demanding.

And btw the $6.00 has always been disclosed to us, we've been twice and have 7 couples that have traveled with us over the years. I'm sorry you felt like they were trying to get $6 out of you.

To each his own. Wow, I have never felt the need to be entertained 24 hours a day. I treasure the long days on the beach with a good book.

My only complaint about the entertainment at Couples, CSA in particular, is that I wish they would have something going on between dinner and when the shows kick off later on. Not that I'm getting old, but after a full day of sun and fun sometimes in hard to stay awake for the later entertainment, and even more difficult to keep it going past 11 pm when the nightclub gets going. The martini bar is fun, but it would be nice to have a few other options.

Also, a little more live reggae would be nice, and a little less of Billboard Top 40. We are in Jamaica afterall.

First world problems, huh?

Thank you all for your input, as the last person mention "To each his own"
    Wasn't expected to be entertainment 24/7 but the entertainment was extremely terrible for any resort as we gone to
    H
    S
    G L
    and they are all couples resort..... Lying at the beach and in the pool for 12 hrs and go to bed at 10:30PM is just not our thing.....
    Hope you all have fun there forget to mention there is a guy that perform on the beach and he is at the Piano bar one night of the week his name is Donavan make sure you catch him he is actually the best performance the resort have to offer too bad he is only there for about 2 hrs. his Whistle is amazing..........

If you guys have the $$$$$$ & time you should check out these resort and compare
    T in Mexico
    C in D.R
    D in Mexico
    S in Jamaica & Bahamas
    Grand Lido in Jamaica
    G P in Jamaica
    Couples Tower Isle in Jamaica
    G V in ST.Martin

Happy Travels to all, as we will enjoy our next...

I know the entertainment team leader. I believe he's doing a wonderful job. CN fits us perfect.

Life is good

Don't get me wrong folks I am not on here to bash the Resort in any way form of shape, I am just giving my opinion of our experience for being there the first time, maybe there are other couples like us that can benefit from it or not. Everyone is entitle to their own opinion as we are all different so I hope for everyone that choose this resort as a first timer, they enjoy it to their lifestyle. For us that was not the case.

I can say been there done that time to move on!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by wazeerally View Post
    Wasn't expected to be entertainment 24/7 but the entertainment was extremely terrible for any resort as we gone to
    H
    S
    G L
    and they are all couples resort..... Lying at the beach and in the pool for 12 hrs and go to bed at 10:30PM is just not our thing.....
    Hope you all have fun there forget to mention there is a guy that perform on the beach and he is at the Piano bar one night of the week his name is Donavan make sure you catch him he is actually the best performance the resort have to offer too bad he is only there for about 2 hrs. his Whistle is amazing..........

If you guys have the $$$$$$ & time you should check out these resort and compare
    T in Mexico
    C in D.R
    D in Mexico
    S in Jamaica & Bahamas
    Grand Lido in Jamaica
    G P in Jamaica
    G V in ST.Martin

Other than S in JA and Bahamas, and Couples Tower isle, none of the resorts you mention are couples only and Grand Lido doesn't even exist anymore.

It's funny how people view what is great entertainment...on this our 5th trip to CSS (Jan 17) I am most looking forward to the 3 gentlemen that play at Bella Vista during the dinner hour. To me they set a perfect mood for a nice dinner in a stunning setting.

Don't change Couples...you may cater to slightly older clientele, but that clientele has resources and time and above all, loyalty.

Ever heard of puctuation? What Gatekeeper said^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

If you would have done some research, you would have found out that as a romance rewards member, even on your first trip you would have been able to visit csa for free provided there was room as its limited to 10 couples. We visited cn and didn't even ask to see a room. Doesn't mean you can't go for a few hours and gcheck out the place. Although we are csa fans, I think cn is still a very nice resort. You obviously chose the wrong resort chain.

I think the poster is SPAM!!!!!!!!! or works for one of the resorts they "like"

I don't have a problem with the review. I do want to disagree with one point, however. I would really not like to be nagged, or "pulled" into doing activities. This practice has annoyed us at other resorts, which is one of the many reasons we prefer Couples. Not everyone has those preferences, and that's fine.

Donnavon is actually in the Piano Bar 3 nights a week but who's counting. We were with a group of 5 couples last October and one of the couples loved the entertainment coordinator, we hardly saw them the entire week. And I've been to a few of the resorts you mention and I didn't find the entertainment to be much different than CN. If anything we've found the resorts in the DR and Mexico to be a little kitschy for our taste. I sure didn't search out their message boards and go on trip advisor to tell everyone how terrible they were. I guess to each their own I just don't see what you that you were achieving on here? Your comments are filled with hyperbole and basically saying that everyone at the resort didn't want to stay out and party with you?!? Most everyone goes to Couples to spend time with their spouse not you. And you say that the watersports are the same everywhere. I can tell you from my experiences this isn't even close to true. As a diver I can tell you that Couples goes above and beyond for divers what I've seen at other AI's minus dive centric resorts. There seems to be a bit of a language barrier but I think you saying things like "extremely terrible" are way out of line from what we've experienced both at CN and other resorts.

Quote Originally Posted by wazeerally View Post
    H
    S
    G L

T in Mexico
    C in D.R
    D in Mexico
    S in Jamaica & Bahamas
    Grand Lido in Jamaica
    G P in Jamaica
    G V in ST.Martin

FYI Grand Lido that you recommend has been closed for a couple years. It is now a construction site next to the nude beach you were so unimpressed with at Couples Negril. Were you really there? For such an experienced world traveler as you claim to be I would expect better. Lots of info on this thing called the internet before your next trip to help you select a place that is better suited. Happy Travels Wazeerally!

We were at CN the same time as the poster and had a wonderful time. Personally, I personally would not like to have people constantly pestering me to do activities. The staff do walk the beach and ask politely if you want to participate in activities (for some items) or the activities are listed on boards in various locations. You can then choose to do what you want to do.

As others have said, Couples Negril tends to be a more laid back atmosphere and that is one of the things we truly love about it.

To the original poster, thank you for trying CN. Sorry that it was not for you but it is near perfect to me.

Quote Originally Posted by newtnugget View Post
    I think the poster is SPAM!!!!!!!!! or works for one of the resorts they "like"

I don't know that you are right but something about this post was odd right from the beginning...

Quote Originally Posted by Gatekeeper View Post
    I don't know that you are right but something about this post was odd right from the beginning...
    If nothing else, it is a clear indication that our educational system has failed us.

You describe exactly why we LOVE Couples Negril. Very low key and relaxing environment. Relax on the beach without being bothered to do activities that we don't want to do. Can't wait to sit on the beach all day and relax very soon.

A certain person who has been in the news a lot over the last 18 months might describe a bunch of us Couples fans as "low energy". I say Bravo!

Quote Originally Posted by jimpat1 View Post
    A certain person who has been in the news a lot over the last 18 months might describe a bunch of us Couples fans as "low energy". I say Bravo!
    Yes....and the day the staff starts constantly nagging me to get involved in the "fun" is the day we look for a new vacation home, we left cruising to get away from the constant staff up-sell harassment.

There are a huge number resorts that sell hype and noise I want a quiet area, a good book, tasty food, a cold drink and a break from reality.

I think Couples really understands their clientele and have clearly designed an offering the engenders loyalty.

That said, I must agree with the OP. We just returned from CTI having visited 11/20-25. We found that we are not the target profile for this resort. It became clear after the first day that we were too young (young-minded?) and well-traveled to settle for what Couples offered. The CTI experience most closely resembled a cruise with its watered-down music options, bland menus, and restrained activity staff. The island was cool and we did enjoy excellent service from a handful of employees throughout our stay while the majority of employees offered uninspired service. Watching a talented reggae group belt out top 40 ballads cemented our decision never to return to a Couples resort.

We seek greater authenticity, spice, and fun on our trips. There are so many better options for us so we'll continue to search out those locations that better align with our expectations.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast