Default A little concerned CN

Hi,
    We are booked to come back to CN for our 25th Anniversary next July. We love CN for the Small quiet feel and NO KIDS!. We are little concerned about the new resort next door(?)

I see they are due to open early next year. Any idea how this will impact the area, especially Couples?
    How close will they be to the AN beach? and building 9
    If it looks like it could be a problem, we have time to change resorts.

My comments are only speculation. Nobody can really know what will happen until after this mega resort has opened.

According to the Royalton Negril website this resort is to officially open January 15th, 2017. The Royalton Negril is huge. 407 family rooms plus 177 rooms in an adults only section. The Grand Lido Resort and Spa that was originally in this location had much fewer rooms and was more of an adults themed resort. The new Royalton Negril is more family oriented but also has an adults only section.

The CN AN beach will be sandwiched between the CN textile beach and the Royalton Negril beach. Expect a significant increase of foot traffic through the AN section including gawkers, children, possibly upset parents, plus the usual drug dealers, vendors, performers, etc.

If you intend to frequent the AN section and feel you might be bothered by a lot of outsiders and gawkers, this might be an issue. As for the textile beach and the rest of the resort, this won't be much of an issue. Not much different than the constant parade of people from other resorts, drug dealers, vendors, and performers that you will find at CSA. As long as you are not too close to the water on the beach you won't even notice them after a while.

As for any buildings, you shouldn't notice any difference from when the Grand Lido Resort and Spa was at this location.

Enjoy your stay in paradise no matter what you decide to do.
    Jack and Kathy
    CSA 2007, 2010, and 2016. CTI 2012, 2014. CN 2016 (Trading Places only), 2018, 2020. 2023?

It's too soon to tell the impact it will have on CN.
    The closest building is right on top of building 9 and of course right next to the A/N beach.
    When we were there last week many people on the A/N beach voiced their concerns.
    It is a HUGE complex with a very small beach. Don't know what their guest will do for beach chairs.
    The people we spoke to said CN plans to beef up security on the beach.
    I hope that will prevent any problems
    Captain Jim
    "I will grow old....
    But I won't grow up"

There has always been foot traffic along the beach at CN from both directions, but obviously this will increase when the new monstrosity starts to fill up. We decided to go back there in April and will decide from there what our vacation plans will be in the future depending upon the overall impact of the huge resort next door. I don't think anyone, including CN management, knows what to expect but I am sure they will do whatever they can to minimize the impact on CN guests.
    We'll hope for the best, but may have to rethink our destination in the future if its a problem.
    Roy

I talked to one of the security guards on the beach last week and CN is adding more security due to the amount of foot traffic from the resort. I was told the resort will open at the end of the year but there seems to be a lot of work to be done yet on it.

Life us good)

Hey Roy, we will be at CN in April also the 21st to May 6. When will you be there?

Sure hope things stay the same. After going to CN for the last 9 years I am very concerned about what the status of the Royalton will have on this years trip. I have been reading the above listed posts. No one will know how things are going to play out until we get there. My question is wouldn't it be in the best interest to send all of there people and children towards 7 mile beach. We have never been able to walk directly to seven mile beach , as you could never get around the corner. Being private land and beach access. So I would guess there were regulations about crossing non resort property It should stay the same some how maybe reversing the process. We could never have access 7 mile beach without going out to the road and walk around. I feel the same way now.Tthe Royalton should have there guest access Bloody Bay by walking down by the office of nature or somewhere acquiring property. So they are not interfering with what has always been private in Bloody Bay. Just venting my thoughts sure hope this isn't my last trip to a place we love so much. I can honestly say though I will not deal with a ton of extra people and small children at my favorite hideaway. This is one of the main reasons we keep coming back.See you in March for the 10th trip. I sure hope the details will be worked out by then, on the new complex. So we can have the greatest vacation that we have always had..

Hiya! Our dates are April 9-15. We arrive on April 9th and then move to our other favorite place (Rockhouse) for a few nights on the 15th. But, sadly we will be back home by the time you arrive. Have an awesome trip though!
    Roy

Unless you are using the AN beach the Royalton should not impact anybody at Couples. If you are using AN beach at Couples don't let Royalton bother you. It's their guests problem not Couples. Let them complain to Royalton. I'm not letting them change anything I do or letting them impact my enjoyment of Couples AN beach.