Default CSS Room Categories - # of Each?

Does anyone have the breakdown of how many of each of the room categories there are at CSS? Which ones sellout first and which are the last to go in busy season?

This info would come in handy when trying to time our booking for a specific room category as waiting for the right price could result in losing our desired room category.

Cheers to all the CSS and Couples repeaters that are such great resources on this MB!!!

This is more of a cruise ship style question...I'm not sure why it would matter at CSS??

It is my experience that the rooms are all very similar in their "luxury" and of equal value. What may make one room more desirable to a particular person is location. I doubt there is a disappointing room on the property.

Quote Originally Posted by Ruminiscing View Post
    Does anyone have the breakdown of how many of each of the room categories there are at CSS? Which ones sellout first and which are the last to go in busy season?

This info would come in handy when trying to time our booking for a specific room category as waiting for the right price could result in losing our desired room category.

Cheers to all the CSS and Couples repeaters that are such great resources on this MB!!!
    With Couples best price guarantee, book the category you want and if the price goes down you just need to contact them and they will lower your price. We have used this feature in the past. The gave us the lower price without any questions or issues.

Kurt and Angela
    CN 2011, 2013, 2015, 2016, 2017
    CSS 2014, 2016, 2017

Welcome to Couples

Sometimes people get too obsessed with their room. Yes you want a nice room. But the best room? Think about this for a moment.

Our typical day at Couples, any Couples. We are on Jamaica time so none of these times are set in stone. I am an early riser, my wife isn't. I generally wake up on my own by about 7:30 to 8:00 AM. I will quietly get dressed and leave our room. I like to take a walk before breakfast and will usually walk around the resort for about 30 to 40 minutes. After that I will go and have breakfast. By about 9:30 I will go back to our room and enjoy some coffee out on the balcony. By about 10 AM my wife will wake up. By about 10:30 we are in our beach attire and will leave the room for most of the day. We seldom go back to our room during the day unless we need to either get or drop off something. Most of the day we are enjoying the beach. By around 5:30 PM we will make our way back to our room. We will take a shower and get ourselves ready for the evening. By about 6:30 PM we will leave our room and go to dinner. After dinner we will usually walk around the resort until it is time for the main entertainment for the evening. After the main entertainment for the evening has concluded we will usually partake in the after hours entertainment. Beach Bonfire, Piano Bar, Disco, Movie on the beach, etc. We usually won't go back to our room until around midnight and go to bed.

So how much time do we really spend in our room on a typical day besides sleeping? 2 hours at best? If we were intending on staying in our room all day we may as well go to a local motel.

So do you really need the 'Best" room? Yes, get a nice room. For us, this would be something quiet away from the road. Maybe get a less expensive room and use the money you save for something else. Maybe stay an extra day. Maybe use it for an off resort excursion. Etc.

Enjoy your stay in paradise
    Jack and Kathy
    CSA 2007, 2010, and 2016. CTI 2012, 2014. CN 2016 (Trading Places only), 2018, 2020. 2023?

Thanks for your response, Gatekeeper. I agree that all rooms are clean and have the basics that one would need but some people like various options such as a large balcony, up on the cliff, extra sitting room (space) or closer to the beach etc. The question was posed for those of us who wish to spend our money on a specific room type. Having this knowledge would make us more comfortable in holding off for better prices if there are several of one particular room or we may wish to book earlier if there are only a limited number of rooms such as Penthouse suites and don't want to miss out.

I am sure it may not matter to some but it is information that we haven't found on the MB and feel may help us and others out when booking in the future.

Thanks Mad Jack.

We couldn't agree more. We don't need the best room. We truly only wanted to know how many Ocean Veranda Suites and One Bedroom Ocean View suites there are as they are the only categories we are interested in. We have done the Penthouse Suite once during our first trip and felt the same way as you, that for us, although it was very nice it is more than we need and we will put the extra money into massages or additional nights. We love large balconies for morning coffee and for snacks and drinks while getting ready for the evening.

Figured we would ask the general question for all the room categories instead of only the ones we are interested in to help anyone else who may want the other categories as their preferences in the future.

Cheers, and thanks for the reply.

1. Deluxe ocean room. Only 4 in this level. No balcony and no ocean view, really. First to sell out as they are the cheapest. All located in C Block.
    2. Deluxe Ocean veranda room. Most popular because of price, and well appointed rooms. Most don't have a direct ocean view. Around 30 of these.
    3. One bedroom ocean suites. Huge rooms with huge balconies, except for those in D Block. Located in D, E, F, and G blocks. Very popular, especially G block. Slightly more money but worth it. Around 35 of these.
    4. One bedroom beachfront suites. 72 of these. Located on the main beach about 50 yards from the ocean, they are recently renovated and close to almost everything.
    5. Penthouse suites. Located in C, D, and E block. I think there are 8 of these. I may be wrong.
    6. Prime Ministers suite. The best room in the house. Only one and not cheap but worth it if your room is important to you.
    7. The Hibiscus Cottage. A private oasis at the far end of the resort. The most private and luxurious room at CSS. You may need a second mortgage to afford this one. Rates are $800.00 a night and up.

Bargain hunting drives me crazy...I find it very annoying to book (and pay) 4-6 months in advance only to find that had I waited to the last few weeks I would have done much better.
    Last edited by Gatekeeper; October 26th, 2016 at 06:33 PM.

Novastar,

Thanks for your informative response to our question. I am surprised to see that there are so many OBOF Suites. We have travelled to CSS in April a few years back and the entire resort was sold out in early January but couldn't remember which suites went first so your breakdown helps a lot.

Gone are the days when our CAD was at par and booking using the Loveaway Plan made sense. The extra 25% hurts so we were looking at all room options to make it work.

Thanks again.

Cheers!

We have stayed in the Ocean Suite once (F third floor, if I recall correctly) and Beachfront Suite once (B I believe). We much preferred the location of the Beachfront Suite...it didn't hurt, either, that it had been so newly remodeled that I think we were the first guests to stay in that room. We just loved the close proximity of the room to the beach and Palazzina restaurant (irony: getting up early to go to the gym for exercise while preferring the room that requires the least walking possible ).

While our hearts will always be at CN, we do look forward to visiting CSS again someday.

The penthouse suites usually go first, since there are only 9 of them-4 in D Block, 4 in E Block and 1 in C Block. The penthouse suites in D Block 2 of them have expansive views over the resort and Main Beach and 2 of the penthouse suites face out to sea over the mineral pool and spa elevator. The penthouse suites in E block also have unobstructed views out to sea over the mineral pool. The Prime Minister Suite is penthouse D13 and it has a large balcony with views out to sea over the Main Beach/Beach Bar etc. Hope this helps! In 14 trips we always stay in the penthouses and love them and book them EARLY!