Default Tower Isle 1st time

How is the island for swimming?Food on the island?Catamaran cruise days or nights?

Welcome to Couples

The island itself isn't all that great for swimming. The ocean side of the island is way to rocky for swimming. There is a small area where you can swim on the side of the island that faces the resort, near the dock.

There isn't any grill or dining facility on the island. They will bring over some sandwiches around lunch time. We usually have lunch on the resort. Either at the Patio restaurant or at the Pool Grill.

The Catamaran Cruise is later in the afternoon and will return before sunset. Space is limited and you must have a boarding pass. Go to the Guest Services desk in the lobby. While you are there, this is where you would make your reservations for Eight Rivers or Bay Side.

CTI also includes Dunn's River Falls for free every day except Friday. Just show up at the lobby before 9 AM. Lots of fun. If you have some good Aqua Shoes wear them. We usually just wear our swimsuits. We don't bother with coverups or towels as you would need to rent a locker to store them. By the time you get to them you are dry. Bring along some money for tips as tipping is expected. You will tip your guide at the attraction. Your shuttle bus driver is not a Couples employee and it is appropriate to tip him also. Just be aware that this is a tourist trap. At the exit of the attraction you will be funneled through a flea market. Some of the vendors can be rather aggressive. Some may try to give you something for free. Remember that nothing is free. Don't be afraid to say no and keep moving. However if you decide to purchase something don't be afraid to negotiate the price.

Enjoy your stay in paradise.
    Jack and Kathy
    CSA 2007, 2010, and 2016. CTI 2012, 2014. CN 2016 (Trading Places only), 2018, 2020. 2022?

Ocean swimming: not great - there are steps down to the water, but the ocean bottom is not good.

Food on island: the staff brings over a nice buffet lunch. Thats about it. However, if you want to run across to the pool grill back at the resort, they'll happily wrap things up for you to tote back - group orders are not unheard of.

Cat cruise in afternoon / evening : not sure if you are asking about an AN cruise (doesn't officially exist) or not.

Kind regards,

Dan

The island has a swim up bar, but the pool is pretty small. Swimming around the island is rough as it is basically all reef, no sandy type beach, so you will need swim shoes if you so desire to try.

When my wife and I were there they would bring out a lunch. Limited selection, but it was good and you didn't have to get dressed and ride the boat across and then boat back over.

We didn't try any of the Catamaran cruises, so I'll let someone else chime in here.

Thanks for the replies can't wait .

Are there any essentials (I'm assuming sun screen) that we need to take to the AN island? Is there a designated smoking area? The idea of having a Cuban while AN sunbathing and drinking rum, you know? Are there storage lockers for clothes/belongings? I'm also a bit concerned about being AN in front of staff. With other AN guests, you're kind of on an even playing field.
    I understand trips to the island are dependent on weather conditions. My wife and I are traveling April 29-May 6. Are there any inclement conditions prone to that specific time of the year? If Tower Isle visits are canceled, is it worth a day trip to CSS for the AN experience?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Quote Originally Posted by park145 View Post
    Are there any essentials (I'm assuming sun screen) that we need to take to the AN island? Is there a designated smoking area? The idea of having a Cuban while AN sunbathing and drinking rum, you know? Are there storage lockers for clothes/belongings? I'm also a bit concerned about being AN in front of staff. With other AN guests, you're kind of on an even playing field.
    I understand trips to the island are dependent on weather conditions. My wife and I are traveling April 29-May 6. Are there any inclement conditions prone to that specific time of the year? If Tower Isle visits are canceled, is it worth a day trip to CSS for the AN experience?

Thanks in advance for any help.
    Sunscreen is a necessity! Also grab towels from the water sports checkout located near the dock where the boat leaves for the Island. There are no designated smoking areas but most of the time there is a good breeze to dissipate the smoke. Please just be kind to the non-smokers. For your clothing/belonging most just bring a beach bag and keep it by your lounge chairs.

Most of the time the only Couples staff will be the bartender. if you arrive early there may be other staff cleaning and maintaining the pool. Later in the day sometimes a couple of the entertainment crew may come over to play some trivia games, bingo, treasure hunt, or ring the bottle game for prizes. It does not take long to get use to being nude around them.

For my wife and I, when weather conditions cause a closing of the Island, we definitely head over to CSS since au-naturel is one of the main reasons we go to Couples. Since we have been to Couples quite a few times we know all the staff and have some pull in getting them to take us to CSS.

Hopefully the weather will cooperate and that you have a great trip. We also do.

great info
    Last edited by xman8580; March 10th, 2017 at 09:04 AM.

Ditto what others have said above. Have a great time!! We will be coming home Sept 14th-23rd. Cant wait!

Onelove,
    Rick
    One Love!!

RickNDarla

CTI--2016, September 2017

The island is a great place!!!

Are there any essentials (I'm assuming sun screen) that we need to take to the AN island? Sun screen, towels, clothes for the boat ride back to the main lands, and water bottle

Is there a designated smoking area? No. It's a small island. If you smoke, it will bother others. Some went near the bathroom to smoke. BTW, I saw somewhere that smoking is bad for your health.

The idea of having a Cuban while AN sunbathing and drinking rum, you know? See above...still rude to others

Are there storage lockers for clothes/belongings? It's not the big of an island. You are either in your seat, in the bathroom, at bar, or getting food. Staff is not walking around.

I'm also a bit concerned about being AN in front of staff. No way around this. They've seen it all I am sure

Always a breeze out there, pick a spot where the breeze eliminates the possibility of your smoking bothering anyone else and enjoy your stay as you wish to.

We found that to the left of the pool area worked when we were there, I smoke and would not want to offend anyone with the pure pleasure I get from a Cohiba or Monte.

Thank you, everyone, for your prompt and candid responses. I appreciate the information, and you've given my wife and I some insight as to the Tower Isle experience.

One Love
    Jeanne & Chris
    Last edited by park145; April 14th, 2017 at 05:42 PM.