Default Encouraging her to try AN

Coming back to CSS in 42 days for the 3rd time then to CN for the 2nd.
    Although we visited SSB one evening after the AN hours and, although we met great people, laughed some of our clothes off and ended up her topless and me bottomless in the hot tub, she is VERY resistant to go to SSB again.
    She says a day trip to CTI could include an island visit and I'm not super keen about the semi-private beach at CN.
    Is there a day of the week (official or not) when CTI visits SSB or vice versa? I'd like to time our CTI visit so that we can make some friends to encourage us to meet again at SSB or vice versa.

Hi. We will be at CTI towards the end of your stay (arriving 11/4). You can take advantage of the trading spaces day pass to check out CTI. You can go Monday, Wednesday or Friday. I think the bus leaves at 10a and returns at 4p. Book with guest services once you arrive.

I have the opposite problem :-). I'd like to visit CSS / SSB, but my spouse is hesitant. We do, however, spend a lot of time on the island at CTI.

G'luck

Dan

You may find it's not for everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by Gatekeeper View Post
    You may find it's not for everyone.
    Probably right Gatekeeper. At the end of the day either you do it and enjoy it or you don't. Really shouldn't make any difference which beach you are on and who "might see you". If either of you are concerned then it probably isn't for you. Be sure to wave at us as you enviously walk past the AN beach at Negril. We are loving it an truthfully not even noticing you going by.

One thing to consider when trying SSB is to get a couple of loungers as far from the pool as possible. This is a great way to "ease" into A/N. If you are all the way to the right on the beach (as you are facing the ocean) you will hardly come into contact with anyone. You can be as social or anti-social as you want to be. This is how we started. The only down side is that it is a farther walk to retrieve drinks. However, after a few drinks both of you will be at the pool to enjoy the various activities the staff have planned. Regardless of what happens, enjoy your time together.

Once you go naked ..... you are hooked !!!

Ironically, we have made more friends and interacted with more people on the AN beach than we ever have on a textile beach. It's fun as everybody has late afternoon cocktails while moving the loungers to watch the setting sun. Sort of like belonging to a secret club I guess. No admittance or membership until you take your clothes off.

We were there last week for 6 days and spent at least a few hours each day at SSB as expected. I think 3 or 4 days were ALL day. However we didn't spend a minute at the main pool or beach. Actually we skipped the water sports and activities too.

Successful first day at SSB yesterday! Thanks to everyone who offered encouragement. We had lots of fun. Beach loungers then pool then hot tub. The other kids were nice to us and we will go back but we will also continue to enjoy the textile side. ;-)
    After the first hour she said "so what do you think?".
    "I think we made a much bigger deal about this than we needed to."

It seems a bit odd to me that someone is happy to visit the island ('She says a day trip to CTI could include an island visit') yet wouldn't consider being AN at SSB. Perhaps the OP and other posters think that SSB is full of the general public, or don't realise how private, or far from the main beach, it is? Yes, the island only has nekkid people on it but so does SSB. Why the angst with SSB against the islan? At least SSB is accessible all the time eh!

All the time access to the Au Naturel beach was the reason we chose CSS over CTI.

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce+Jessica View Post
    Successful first day at SSB yesterday! Thanks to everyone who offered encouragement. We had lots of fun. Beach loungers then pool then hot tub. The other kids were nice to us and we will go back but we will also continue to enjoy the textile side. ;-)
    After the first hour she said "so what do you think?".
    "I think we made a much bigger deal about this than we needed to."
    this says it all. We just booked our 4th trip to SSB

Quote Originally Posted by Murtle View Post
    It seems a bit odd to me that someone is happy to visit the island ('She says a day trip to CTI could include an island visit') yet wouldn't consider being AN at SSB. Perhaps the OP and other posters think that SSB is full of the general public, or don't realise how private, or far from the main beach, it is? Yes, the island only has nekkid people on it but so does SSB. Why the angst with SSB against the islan? At least SSB is accessible all the time eh!
    There was no angst, no misunderstanding and no misinformation. We had been to SSB before to see the sun set. We knew how private the location is. It was just a mental barrier. Perhaps since we had only seen the island at CTI from the beach, it appeared more private or perhaps, in her head, she connected crossing over the water to the island with getting over her inhibition/self-consciousness/shyness.

And when she said that visiting CTI could include a visit to the island, she meant exactly what she said - could, not would. There was still potential to back out or maybe 'freedom to change her mind' is a better way to put it.

I really do believe that poor self image promoted by culture, media and specifically the beauty product industry leaves people feeling ashamed of their own bodies and a healthy au natural experience is an excellent way to fight back and a big thank you to Couples for providing a safe and fun environment to do that!

I am so glad that it worked out for you both. You are totally right about socially accepted self image criteria. It's all a nonsense and if more people in the world took part in nudism then the world, I am sure, would be a far more tolerant and considerate place in which to live.

Bruce+Jessica is absolutely right. Decades of immersion/brainwashing in the media pool has tended to shape the general perception of what a "perfect" body should look like. Well, I don't buy it..and never have. Some people are small, some are large, some are in between....so what? To me, what someone "looks" like is completely irrelevant. What REALLY matters, and what is really impressive, is what kind of person they are. What is their personality? I'd much, MUCH rather spend my time around somebody with a great personality whose body may not fit the "perfect" mold...than somebody with a "perfect" body and a crap personality.

It's not about body...and never has been. It's about what type of person you are, and what your personality is. That's where the REAL beauty is. Inner peace and happiness is the most beautiful quality of all....and it shows.