Default Swimming Nude on floatie CN

Is it going to be weird if you swim nude and there are people or boats nearby taking a peep? Does it happen often? Even going out to the ocean butt naked seems to be nerve racking. What should I do?

Enjoy! If people want to look, let them. Have a great time!!

Have to be very honest, this is us the reason we don't go to CN, we love the AN, but the openness bothered us. We visited CN once, and it is a beautiful resort, but the AN was far to open for our liking. If you are on a floatie, you are visible all. Others are ok with it, but we felt uncomfortable, CSS/SSB and its privacy are what we enjoy.

We were at CN for a day using the Trading Places program last February. While we were there we used the AN section. I would say the CN has the most exposed AN area of any Couples resort. People walking along the beach. The AN swimming area is adjacent to the regular swimming area separated only by a rope.

There were people using the AN swimming area while we were there, including us. Yes, you will be exposed while entering and exiting the water. Some people, including us, cheated and used the floatie to shield ourselves while entering and exiting the water.

We noticed a constant parade of parasailers and boats pulling floats close to both CN swimming areas. I assume this was to give them a peek of the AN area. I felt this was annoying after a while. At CSA the boats didn't come as close to the swimming area and the parasails were not as low. You don't see any of this at CTI.

In our opinion we felt too exposed and stayed in this area for less than an hour. We put our swimsuits back on and left. We never felt exposed like this at CTI. Maybe it was just us.

You can expect a lot more foot traffic next February when the Royalton Negril resort opens next door. This resort will have 1500 - 1800 guests including families at any given time during tourist season. Their beach area is directly adjacent to the CN Au Naturel section. You can expect some more gawkers. Couples security will ask them to move along if they stop.

Here is my recommendation. Give it a try. Do your best to stay long enough to be a valid try. Find some chairs as far away from the water as possible. If you go out in the water maybe do like we did. Cheat a little and use your floatie to shield yourselves until you get far enough out into the water. If you feel too uncomfortable after 30 minutes or so simply put your swimsuits back on and leave.

Enjoy your stay in paradise
    Jack and Kathy
    CSA 2007, 2010, and 2016. CTI 2012, 2014. CN 2016 (Trading Places only), 2018, 2020. 2022?

Just enjoy your vacation. As long as you are in the nude area or roped off nude swimming area you are doing nothing wrong. Some may look as they walk by, but most work very hard not to look too much.

What has always confused me is how some people get all concerned that a clothed person sees them enjoying the nude beach, even though the other people on the nude beach see them too. I have heard some try to explain that having only other nude people see you is somehow more 'fair' but I can't figure out why. People see you naked or they don't. Don't worry about.
    The only thing that requires vigilance in my mind is people taking photographs. Security is pretty good about that and I have seen them stop people and force them to delete photographs they took of the nude sunbathers before. But even that is a funny point, but half the people on the nude beach itself have their phone/camera in their hands, or an IPad/camera. There's no telling. You just need to be able to not worry about it too much or consider not going nude. Most of us who use the nude area just don't worry about it too much... we're on vacation.

Rhalava is right. If one is open and willing to go to a nude beach what difference does it make if some other people wearing a bathing suit might take a peek at them. We were there last Jan and are booked for Jan 2017 again. Yes people walked by. Most were too shy to even look up or make eye contact. Unless you happen to be walking right past them on the way to/from the water what do they see? Frankly not much. And if they do so what? It's not like, etc it's going to be your kid's Sunday school teacher. Some people may float over to the rope from the textile side. Again big deal. My advise (for what it's worth)...chill out, relax, enjoy the sun and warm water and have a great vacation without worrying about what others may think or see. It's all about you!

Thanks everyone for you info. You all have been very helpful.

Go, lie out, enjoy your vacation. It's your vacation, and your body. We didn't care about the gawkers because we don't know them, and wont ever see them again.

Just got back. Thanks everyone for you input. I was nervous over nothing. Didn't pose a problem at all. A deep breath was all I needed. While people were looking, no one really cared. In fact, it was quite invigorating making that walk... especially if there were beach walkers as you got in or out of the waters.

Love the beach walker gawkers Just enter or exit the water in front of them. They don't know whether to freeze, run, jump or sh_t. just part of the fun being on the Au Natural beach

Default First time to cn

Quote Originally Posted by Piperman View Post
    Have to be very honest, this is us the reason we don't go to CN, we love the AN, but the openness bothered us. We visited CN once, and it is a beautiful resort, but the AN was far to open for our liking. If you are on a floatie, you are visible all. Others are ok with it, but we felt uncomfortable, CSS/SSB and its privacy are what we enjoy.
    So you will be naked among the clothed in other words at cn?

Quote Originally Posted by Mrnaked2 View Post
    Not really however the AN area and the textile area in the ocean is only separated by a rope so you could be fairly close to a clothed person. Also, the shoreline will have some foot traffic that tis clothed but they are kept moving by security.

Kurt and Angela
    CN 2011, 2013, 2015, 2016, 2017
    CSS 2014, 2016, 2017

Quote Originally Posted by Mrnaked2 View Post
    Not if you stay in the "penned off" area, but to get to water you need to walk across the public beach. If you want to float in water, you are again in a public area. As I said, this doesn't bother some, which is fine, but we prefer the seclusion of CSS/SSB.

No. The AN area is separated by bushes from the clothed area. The open area is where you go into water. It is public beach and everyone can see you. With the new resort going in next door, the traffic will only get worse.
    You can sit towards the back and behind a palm tree to help, but if you are that uncomfortable with so many people looking, but you really wanted to be AN, then you will want to check out CSS or CTI.
    Jamaica Us Happy
    Jason & Ann

Most of the people who walk by in front of the a/n beach make a conscious effort NOT to look other than a brief glance sometimes. It's really not the problem that some people expect it to be.

Thanks for your info