Default Help!! 1st Timers - Sans Souci vs Negril

Wow, thank you everyone for taking all the time to respond with very detailed thoughts and opinions. Because of your feedback, we have opted for a trip to Couples Sans Souci!! We were sold with the response from "Kurt and Angie" about it being so unique, you answered each of our questions 1 by 1. Pictures look amazing as well. Very excited to explore Jamaica, thank you again!
    Last edited by kbeach01; September 14th, 2016 at 10:19 PM.

I would not recommend a split stay of only 3 nights at each. You will loose a day for the travel between resorts. Couples will transfer you but by the time you pack, spend 3 hours or so traveling and unpack, a day is shot.
    We have stayed at both CN and CSS and try to be active. I'll try to answer your points.
    1) I think CN may have a few more options on this front as you can walk Bloody Bay and they have daily beach and pool volleyball among other activities. We are usually fairly wiped out so I cannot say about the "night life" but both resorts do have nightly entertainment that we have enjoyed.
    2) SSB is a slightly better AN experience in our opinion then CN when you take all factors into consideration. The beach at CN is better but there is no pool, no swim-up bar and no grill at CN. CN does have a good bar and hot-tub. We are beach people so that is what really makes the two close in our mind. If you are more of a pool person, then it is likely SSB hands down.
    3) I think CSS would win the "not your typical beach resort". There is a variety of room locations with some being on the beach and some being up on the hill. CN does have lush gardens but rooms are all on the beach level. No hills there.
    4) CSS rooms are larger but the CN rooms are very nice. At CSS the beachfront suites have just been remodeled but some of the other categories have not. At CN all the bathrooms were remodeled as of last year and the rooms were all "freshened". I think the best option for a "wow" view might be a room on the hill (cliffs) at CSS but we haven't stayed in one yet. (will this November). The view from our rooms at CN and beachfront at CSS were both really nice. Note that at CN, no rooms directly face the beach due to the "U" shape of the various buildings.
    5) Both resorts have healthy food. And the near by options for activities are similar in number. As such, I would consider this a push.
    I'm sure there will be others with more wisdom but as a last comment, you will not make a bad decision with either resort. If you have already booked CN, I'd stay there and just plan another trip to CSS in the near future.

I think the shuttle transfer would be free (plus tip to driver). For me, for a 6 night trip, I would pick one resort and stick with it...or if needing to split, would do either CSA>CN or CTI>CSS (to avoid a 3 hour transfer). We are CN people (trip 9 this December) but have stayed twice as CSS and enjoyed ourselves. I find CN to be a bit more lively. The beach volleyball is a little more active at CN. Plenty of healthy food at both. Night life: not my area of expertise - after getting up at 6:30 a.m. to get the day started and hitting the gym, then all day on the beach and lots of food and cocktails, my head hits the pillow rather early (we go to Couples for the daylight hours ).

My opinion is book for Sans Souci. CSS has extensive, beautiful grounds to explore. You will find something new around every corner. There is a lot of area to walk. With all of the stairs, you will get a lot of exercise. We think the nighttime entertainment is excellent. Make sure you are there for the Friday night Gala. The rooms are all suites with Fabulous (WOW) Views of the ocean. Plus you have in-room dining if you prefer a night on your balcony. CSS has a separate, private "au natural" beach. The food is excellent and the staff is wonderful. We go back and forth between CN and CSS but our favorite is CSS. There are a lot of daytime activities planned if you want to get involved. The dance classes are a lot of fun. I don't think you could possibly be bored with whatever resort you choose. I would not do a split stay with them being on different areas of the island. Too much time wasted on the traveling. You will get tons of opinions on this subject. Good Luck. You can't go wrong with either resort. We've been to Couples 13 trips and are booked again for next year.

The biggest difference between the 2 resorts -- 1) CSS is smaller and the beaches are not as nice as the Negril side. 2) CSS au natural area is much more private and has better facilities (pool, bar, bathrooms, lunch).
    We do not party a lot when we go down to Couples so I cannot speak about the night life. You will find plenty of activities at either resort. I think the question is how important are the beach and the au natural facilities. When we go we only use the main beach to cross to the nude beach, so with CSS having the better facilities we choose that resort. We do not even care about the rooms that much because we are rarely in the rooms. The good thing is that you really cannot go wrong with either.

I can only speak for CSS:
    the view from G block is spectacular.
    A day trip to Dunn's falls is 15min away.
    You are encouraged not to leave the facility without transportation.....ie; don't walk outside the gates.
    The night life is limited, but after a day at SSB..sun, drinking, eating, pool volleyball, dinner, martini bar, etc. The limited night life doesn't matter.Name:  IMG_20151012_17670[1].jpg
Views: 1086
Size:  55.1 KBName:  IMG_20160913_22448[1].jpg
Views: 1045
Size:  56.6 KB

CSS has a mineral pool, spa, sauna, main pool, SSB pool. There is plenty to do, you'll meet new friends, etc

Have you looked at Couples Swept Away in Negril?

For starters, if you are into sports/fitness, CSA has the nicest fitness facility of all the Couples Resorts (possible of all resorts in Jamaica). Also, if nightlife is important to you, CSA has a nightclub right on the resort while Couples Negril does not. Also, CSA sits on the more active Long Bay section of Seven Mile Beach. This is nice as you have direct access to all of the locally owned bars, vendors and eateries. If you stay at Couples Negril, you would need to take a taxi cab over to Long Bay if you wanted to get out and explore.

What CSA does not have is a au-natural sunbathing. The rooms may not appeal to you if you are looking for a luxury. But the rooms are clean and comfortable, plus each room has a very large veranda. Couples Negril doesn't.

All Couples Resorts are very nice and you can't go wrong with either. If beach is important to you, then I would stick to the Couples in Negril (Couples Negril or Couples Swept Away).

My wife and I are in our 50's. We just came back from our 1st trip to CSS, and spent most of our vacation on SSB. We felt like it was very relaxing and laid back, but then again, that's what we were looking for. There were many couples around our age that seemed content doing the same thing...... nothing! We are going back to CSS next August because it was perfect for us. I'm sure we could have found many things to keep us active, but it seems like SSB fits our laid back vacation needs. Just our opinion, but we think you made the right choice with CN based on the things you said. Have a wonderful time!

We have only did a trading day pass at Couples Negril since we always stayed at Swept Away most of the times we been to Jamaica. We Love CSA and just recently went to Sans Souci and fell in love with Sans Souci also. If au natural and activity is high on your priority I think Sans Souci might perhaps have more activities especially geared toward au natural activities. Split would be nice but if you only have 6 days with 3 days at each resort might not be enough to do each resort justice but I do have to admit our very first time at Sans Souci was only 3 nights but we were doing a split stay at Swept Away were there for 7 nights before our 3 nights at Sans Souci. So we were well into our Couples vacation grove and pretty much knew what to expect when going to Sans Souci for the first time. If you had longer time, definitely would be great idea to split and there is NO cost for the transfer from Negril to Ocho Rios side or vice versa. Couples will take care of all of that for you if you do end up doing a split stay. If you just decide on staying just one resort- I can definitely recommend Sans Souci. If you are like many of us.... once you go, you will more than likely want to return.. so if it's one you decide one, try the other Couples on your next trip.

Quote Originally Posted by kbeach01 View Post
    This post can be deleted, we have decided on the location. Thank you nonetheless!
    Which did you choose?

Wow, thank you everyone for taking all the time to respond with very detailed thoughts and opinions. Because of your feedback, we have opted for a trip to Couples Sans Souci!! We were sold with the response from "Kurt and Angie" about it being so unique, you answered each of our questions 1 by 1. Pictures look amazing as well. Very excited to explore Jamaica, thank you again!

Quote Originally Posted by kbeach01 View Post
    Glad to help. We really enjoy both and will be at both CSS and CN for a week this November.
    Last edited by kurt and Angie; September 19th, 2016 at 09:32 AM.

Kurt and Angela
    CN 2011, 2013, 2015, 2016, 2017
    CSS 2014, 2016, 2017

Kurt and Angie are right. Split CSS and CN. We are too.