Default CSS phase 2 Renovations?

Hi
    I was hoping someone from the resort could confirm that will will be NO renovations taking place at CSS from October to the beginning of Novemeber? We had to change our hotel reservation from CSA to CSS after we found out about the kitchen renos, now I've heard rumours that phase 2 renos may be starting at CSS. This is really important that I know this as I have a life threatening allergy to wood, and any kind of saw dust of fresh wood could cause a serious reaction. Please let me know!

Oh would like to know too. We are scheduled to go home a little further out than you, April 2017, but it would be nice to know if there will be construction.

Saw posted elsewhere that plans are in the works for more renovations, but no dates were given. Hopefully someone in the know will post here with more details.

From my understanding there are no renovations planned until off season in 2017. Unlike the reno of A and B block, where the whole resort was closed, the resort will remain open with work being done to one block at a time.

Someone told me it's being planned for 2017, but no exact dates yet.

Nancy

Can management confirm if any renovations are going to be happening at CSS in Dec.2017. My wife and I were there in 2014 when beach grill was renovated and also was there Sept.2015 when the pallazina and beach front A and B were getting done. We are now booked through love away plan for Dec.1 to the 10th 2017. Just want to make sure it will not be closed for renovations.

thank you
    Cortal

Blog Entries

Hi All,

We do not have a date in mind as yet, however any plans that we have for the upper section of the resort would be far less invasive than what we did last year to A & B. The upper section of the resort really only needs cosmetic work we’re not thinking about knocking down walls and ripping the rooms apart like we did to the BFS.
    Regards,
    Michelle
    Michelle Gordon
    ------------------
    On-Island Social Media Coordinator
    Couples Resorts

Quote Originally Posted by MichelleG 'Island Girl' View Post
    Hi All,

We do not have a date in mind as yet, however any plans that we have for the upper section of the resort would be far less invasive than what we did last year to A & B. The upper section of the resort really only needs cosmetic work we’re not thinking about knocking down walls and ripping the rooms apart like we did to the BFS.
    Regards,
    Michelle
    Thank you Michelle G, for the quick reply. I was just worried that we would have to switch resorts and be able to come home to CSS.

thank you
    Cortal

Quote Originally Posted by MichelleG 'Island Girl' View Post
    Hi All,

Regards,
    Michelle
    what about bathroom renovations at SSB ?

Hopefully the room renovations will result in some new classifications of one bedroom ocean view rooms like D1 to a lower room category. During our 3rd trip there earlier this year we were anticipating another beautiful view like the ones advertised on this website ("...large balcony with panoramic ocean view") and the ones we had from our previous one bedroom ocean view room G18 or penthouse suite but were sadly disappointed. Management should really take a serious look at this and take this opportunity to re-classify rooms like this appropriately. As much as we love CSS we will be very wary of ever booking this room category again in the future as one certainly isn't guaranteed to get what is advertised or what was paid for.

Michelle, we know this issue has been raised before but if you could pass this on to management once again for their consideration, it would be appreciated.