Default Changes at Sunset Beach

We are thinking about returning to Sans Souci in April or May of 2017. We were there in 2010. How are the changes to Sunset Beach? They still had the old 6 person hot tub when we were there last. How is the new one? Do they still bring lunch over every day?

The in ground hot tub is really nice! The rock waterfall structure is gone from the SSB pool and there are more palapas on the beach!
    Lunch and grill everyday.
    Gene and Jeanne
    CSS October 2012, 2013, 2014, 2016, 2017
    CSS/CTI October 2018

The entire pool deck has been renovated as well as the steps up to the pool deck. There are foot showers at the entry to the deck.

I think I also heard they remodeled the restroom somewhat but I may be dreaming.

Here right now. The pool is the best pool out of them all. The hot tub is nice in ground one, but really hot (mineral pools one is much cooler in temp). So depends if you like them hot or not. They serve food there, mini buffet style, and have a grill there. The girl at the grill there, makes the BEST fries and onion rings, she will not rush it so she makes sure they are actually crispy. And soft serve ice cream machine is over there. There are two foot showers attached to the decking. Then there is an interesting three shower head outdoor shower wall thing. Bathrooms are well, just bathrooms. The security is good over there. All the staff is extremely professional. And I would say the best bartenders are over there. There are many palapas. I could say I could count them tomorrow, but yeah, I will forget. And there is many palm trees you can get out the sun under. Around the pool there are many umbrellas, and the pool bar had many. Additionally if you sit near the plant wall they have, you get good shade (and flowers falling on you). Its great over there.

Quote Originally Posted by Bearso View Post
    I think I also heard they remodeled the restroom somewhat but I may be dreaming.
    I believe that's on the list of things to do still. We'll be there in October, I'll check

Can you go to the nude beach at night ? Nothing like looking at the stars nekkid.
    Can you snorkel off of the nude beach ?

Yes and yes. 2 nights per week, there are "after" parties at SSB and they are clothed events.
    On other nights, the security guards will usually turn on the lights for you. Snorkeling over there is interesting, but there is a freshwater river that empties into the ocean very near SSB. Due to the freshwater, you see a shimmery mix as you move. Head over to the right towards the peninsula and you will see many sea creatures. Be sure to bring you own equipment as the resort equipment is only for the organized activities.
    Gene and Jeanne
    CSS/CTI October 2018

Quote Originally Posted by JEANNEW View Post
    Yes and yes. 2 nights per week, there are "after" parties at SSB and they are clothed events.
    On other nights, the security guards will usually turn on the lights for you. Snorkeling over there is interesting, but there is a freshwater river that empties into the ocean very near SSB. Due to the freshwater, you see a shimmery mix as you move. Head over to the right towards the peninsula and you will see many sea creatures. Be sure to bring you own equipment as the resort equipment is only for the organized activities.
    Jeanne, when in October are you arriving?

Joe

Quote Originally Posted by Dadofsprout5 View Post
    Jeanne, when in October are you arriving?

Joe
    We are arriving 9/27 and leaving on 10/7. You?
    Gene and Jeanne
    CSS/CTI October 2018

Quote Originally Posted by JEANNEW View Post
    We are arriving 9/27 and leaving on 10/7. You?
    Arrive the 7th, leave the 15th. we miss each other.

Quote Originally Posted by mbjnt View Post
    Here right now. The pool is the best pool out of them all. The hot tub is nice in ground one, but really hot (mineral pools one is much cooler in temp). So depends if you like them hot or not. They serve food there, mini buffet style, and have a grill there. The girl at the grill there, makes the BEST fries and onion rings, she will not rush it so she makes sure they are actually crispy. And soft serve ice cream machine is over there. There are two foot showers attached to the decking. Then there is an interesting three shower head outdoor shower wall thing. Bathrooms are well, just bathrooms. The security is good over there. All the staff is extremely professional. And I would say the best bartenders are over there. There are many palapas. I could say I could count them tomorrow, but yeah, I will forget. And there is many palm trees you can get out the sun under. Around the pool there are many umbrellas, and the pool bar had many. Additionally if you sit near the plant wall they have, you get good shade (and flowers falling on you). Its great over there.
    We're first-timers there in September! SSB sounded like paradise before but you mentioned a hot, hot-tub, soft ice cream, crispy fries and shade (when we'll need it). That "sad bus" is gonna be awful

Sad Bus....what do you mean by "sad bus"

Quote Originally Posted by prgw8810 View Post
    Sad Bus....what do you mean by "sad bus"
    Going back to the airport to go home after you have been treated like royalty.
    Gene and Jeanne
    CSS/CTI October 2018

The "Sad Bus" is the one that takes you from the resort back to the airport for the flight away to where you live.

What is the "sad bus"- our goal is always to get to CSS asap! Sad does not enter into the formula!!

OOOHHHHH the sad bus......YES all of the buses are sad that head back to the airport from Couples.
    Can not wait to be nude for a week in April 2017

A video I took October 2015 of the pool deck at SSB...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HqZ6b0XCroE

We went many times to SSB at night to watch the stars. Really relaxing and nice. Odd part was often around the time live music and all that stuff happen at Balloon bar, the 20 somethings would head to SSB. But by time all those late actives were done they often were gone. So was nice way to wind down.

Snorkeling nude, I did that few times (took my own snorkel gear). Found some fish and different types of algae plants off SSB. Textile beach though there was a lot of things to see (once you get past the sea grasses). But be warned snorkeling nude! Your backside is up with nice salt water washing off sun-block. I ended up with my shoulders down to my bum being sunburned. lol. So be warned of that.
    Jason (mbjnt) and Heather (hetoepfer82)
    Sans Souci 2016, (July 2017)

Quote Originally Posted by mbjnt View Post
    We went many times to SSB at night to watch the stars. Really relaxing and nice. Odd part was often around the time live music and all that stuff happen at Balloon bar, the 20 somethings would head to SSB. But by time all those late actives were done they often were gone. So was nice way to wind down.

Snorkeling nude, I did that few times (took my own snorkel gear). Found some fish and different types of algae plants off SSB. Textile beach though there was a lot of things to see (once you get past the sea grasses). But be warned snorkeling nude! Your backside is up with nice salt water washing off sun-block. I ended up with my shoulders down to my bum being sunburned. lol. So be warned of that.
    Thanks Jason for the info. We have received many comments from our posts.
    Your comments seem to hit our questions right on the head.
    We can not wait to visit CSS and SSB

I see that the au naturel beach is open to the public after 6:00 pm in April - do I have to put my clothes on or can I stay nekkid?

Really enjoy every moment there! We can't wait until we are back this July.
    Jason (mbjnt) and Heather (hetoepfer82)
    Sans Souci 2016, (July 2017)

Quote Originally Posted by KathyI2009 View Post
    I see that the au naturel beach is open to the public after 6:00 pm in April - do I have to put my clothes on or can I stay nekkid?
    You can stay nekkid.