Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 33
  1. #1

    Default Warning to First Timers Considering Going Au Naturel

    Now that I have your attention; if you are new to Couples or looking to have your first Au Naturel experience at Couples, I am here to urge you to go for it! The warning is to let you know if you try it, you are probably going to love it!

    My husband and I first visited Couples and CTI in December of 2014. Months before leaving, I was not a member or poster on this forum, but a reader. Absorbing all I could about the "Au Naturel" experience. At the time, we were both 36 years old. My interest was piqued, but I had the regular self conscious, hubby seeing others, etc. concerns. I mentally decided that we should try it, as you only live once!

    On the plane, while we were flying to Jamaica, I turned to my husband and said "I think we should go to the island and try it out. If after a half hour or so, both or one of us doesn't like it, we will leave." I was very matter of fact and probably sounded more confident than I felt about it. He looked at me suspiciously, like the plane ride had rendered me crazy. I assured him that I was in fact, very sure and had spoken those words. The deal was sealed, so to speak.

    On the first day, we walked down the dock and stood waiting for the boat, like we knew what we were doing. We took the short ride over and headed left on the island to find a seat location, based on forum posters tips. There were no loungers, so we ended up all the way to the right, in what looked like a cozy corner. Before my husband had time to finish adjusting his towel to disrobe and get settled, I had taken everything off as quickly as possible, so I wouldn't have any second thoughts. My husband laughed and made a comment that it didn't take me long. That day was the first day of many comfortable days spent enjoying the sun and each other's smiles. We quickly realized the spot we occupied was empty when we got there, because the waves soaked us and washed away my favorite flip flops! It made for laughs, broke tension and sealed our fate on the island.

    We went on the first day and every day after. I was very sad on the day we couldn't go, because the water was too rough for the boat to take us over. We learned to go earlier in the day and that those on the island were just regular people like us. As this was our first time, we didn't hang out in the pool much or socialize regularly, as we were just dipping our toes into the Au Naturel pool, so to speak. I will tell any ladies having doubts about being around other naked women with their husbands...he married you, ladies. I never once questioned or doubted my husbands love for me or eye for me while on the island. I am not model material. I am more soft than firm and have surgery scars and stretch marks. He was not checking out any other women, just as I was not checking out other men. As a matter of fact, the only lady that got overly friendly and touchy with my husband, was located at the textile swim up bar, while her husband slept it off in their room. And yes, I was sitting right there. At the Au Naturel sections, you are there as a couple and the people are non judgmental, respectful and friendly.

    As a result of deciding to be brave and go for it, we are now booked at CSS for this December. I picked CSS because of Sunset Beavh and the ability to go Au Naturel more often and not be denied on red flag days. I am excited to say that I think we will venture to the pool area on Sunset Beach and participate in activities. If you are reading this and already know how great Sunset Beach is, make room for two more in December! If you are new and reading this, if you are going to a Couples resort and considering the Au Naturel experience, I urge you to go for it! I will say that CTI was definitely the perfect place for us, as first timers. I have never seen my husband more happy or relaxed as he was, while laying on a lounger, soaking up the sun, free from any clothes.

    A special thanks to all of the forums and people who posted that helped me to make one of the best decisions of my life and led me to share my experience here.

  2. #2

    Default

    Awesome MamaBear!
    So glad you tried and enjoyed....Once you go, you will know! You will love SSB! The pool is very social and the beach is very laid back!
    Gene and Jeanne
    CSS October 2012, 2013, 2014, 2016, 2017
    CSS/CTI October 2018

  3. #3

    Default

    Agree with Jeannew. SSB is awesome!! Will be there as much as humanly possible in November.

    Kurt and Angela
    CN 2011, 2013, 2015, 2016, 2017
    CSS 2014, 2016, 2017

  4. #4

    Default Encouraging Piece Of A/N Advice

    Quote Originally Posted by MamaBear View Post
    "...if you are new to Couples or looking to have your first Au Naturel experience at Couples, I am here to urge you to go for it! I will say that CTI was definitely the perfect place for us, as first timers..."

    "...A special thanks to all of the forums and people who posted that helped me to make one of the best decisions of my life and led me to share my experience here."
    This is great news MamaBear! I hope the fence-sitters and those who have other decision issues will try it based on your experience.

    In the link that follows, I detailed our thoughts following our experience at CTI and the 'trading places' day at CSS in October 2014: http://couples.com/mb/showthread.php...hlight=naturel

    We shall be back at CTI later this year for a repeat. Hope you go back soon.

  5. #5

    Default

    I'm always amazed how much more social the AN beach is than the textile beach.

    All shapes and sizes, no judgement and just alot of laughs.

    Prepare yourself for SSB. We were there last November and there were over 150 people there daily. A bit too crowded for us so we are going to CN this year.
    ... it keepsh me shane

  6. #6

    Default

    Your review was awesome, clydealp! Thank you to all that responded to my post! We are super excited and counting down the days to when we will arrive at CSS in December. I am just hoping that couples that are on the fence, will find encouragement in my post. Going Au Naturel at Couples truly brought us closer as a couple, which we didn't even realize we needed. Jeannew is right!!! Once you go, you know!

  7. #7

    Default

    First timers to AN anything and just a little sensitive about it all. We both would like to enjoy the AN side but have body flaws were shy to reveal. I especially am nervous about it as I have recently lost a lot of weight and have some extra skin hanging around. Does anyone think this will be an issue?

  8. #8

    Default

    Kriscartwright, let me start by saying congratulations on your weight loss! We were nervous the first time. We both feel that we have body flaws. I think in some sense, everyone of every shape and size feels that way. People on the Au Naturel beach are seriously the kindest people you will meet. I have stretch marks and scars and extra skin...nobody gave it a second or first glance. I am glad we went and that we went on the first day. I hope you are comfortable enough to try it. It is a very empowering experience and I found it to be a confidence booster.

  9. #9

    Default

    Kriscartwright, there is nothing to worry about. We all have scars, stretch marks, or loose skin. No one cares. These are the most forgiving people around. No one has a perfect body, we are just there to enjoy the freedom of no clothes. By the way, I have an arm full of scars from operations.

    Duane & Mary

  10. #10

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kriscartwright View Post
    First timers to AN anything and just a little sensitive about it all. We both would like to enjoy the AN side but have body flaws were shy to reveal. I especially am nervous about it as I have recently lost a lot of weight and have some extra skin hanging around. Does anyone think this will be an issue?
    Not an issue at all!!! WE all have some things about ourselves that we may not particularly like, but we are each unique. Honestly, the parts of my body that bother me actually bother me more in a swim suit....go figure??! Congratulations on losing the weight!! I wish I could honestly say that my sagging skin is due to a weight loss, but I cannot, LOL! It is understandable that you would be nervous on your first visit, but I promise that folks who enjoy AN are some of the most accepting people you will ever meet. If you seek privacy, that will be respected, if you want to join in the conversation or any games, you will be invited. You may even laugh out loud once you realize that being naked is no big deal, the world did not stop spinning..... Visit the AN beach early in your stay because the chances are that you will want to spend many more days there.
    If perhaps neither of you feel comfortable, no worries there either....complete and total respect. Just take a deep breath and try it!! Once you go, you will know!!
    Gene and Jeanne
    CSS October 2012, 2013, 2014, 2016, 2017
    CSS/CTI October 2018

  11. #11

    Default

    It's easy for everyone on here to tell you to relax and just go for it. The truth is WE ALL HAVE OUR FLAWS! I too was quite apprehensive my first time at CTI .I kid you not after 10 minutes I was hanging at the pool socializing with some of the most warm and friendly people some of whom have become life long friends. In all my 6 trips to CTI I have yet to meet Ken or Barbie. I too have lost over 100 lbs since last year's visit and I can't wait to get there... Loos skin and all!!! We get home on SATURDAY!!! Believe me there are all sorts of people who enjoy doing the AN thing. The important thing to remember that you are doing this for you no one else. I hope you enjoy your first AN experience. I don't know where and when you are going, but you will find me on the island next week...Drinks are on me!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by a63vetteowner View Post
    Kriscartwright, there is nothing to worry about. We all have scars, stretch marks, or loose skin. No one cares. These are the most forgiving people around. No one has a perfect body, we are just there to enjoy the freedom of no clothes. By the way, I have an arm full of scars from operations.

    Duane & Mary

  12. #12

    Default

    Great thread! My experience was similar but I was 55 when I first took everything off, looked around and was glad to see no one falling about laughing... no one seemed to notice at all. I too shocked my husband and I too was hooked.
    We are going to CN in October but I am going though fears and insecurities all over again. Last year I was diagnosed with Breast Cancer. I have had a double mastectomy and am in the middle of reconstruction. I had chemo, lost my hair and have since grown this weird white mop that I still haven't embraced as my own. It's going to take all my courage to disrobe on the CN AN beach, but I am going to do it... I refuse to let cancer beat me! If you happen to be there Oct 2 to 12 and see me, please say hello and give me a high five..... I'll need all the support I can get!!! I'll be having more reconstruction surgery soon after our vacation. ��

  13. #13

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by yqg View Post
    Great thread! My experience was similar but I was 55 when I first took everything off, looked around and was glad to see no one falling about laughing... no one seemed to notice at all. I too shocked my husband and I too was hooked.
    We are going to CN in October but I am going though fears and insecurities all over again. Last year I was diagnosed with Breast Cancer. I have had a double mastectomy and am in the middle of reconstruction. I had chemo, lost my hair and have since grown this weird white mop that I still haven't embraced as my own. It's going to take all my courage to disrobe on the CN AN beach, but I am going to do it... I refuse to let cancer beat me! If you happen to be there Oct 2 to 12 and see me, please say hello and give me a high five..... I'll need all the support I can get!!! I'll be having more reconstruction surgery soon after our vacation. ��
    yqg,
    DO NOT LET CANCER WIN!!! Embrace your LIFE! You have already completed the most difficult part of the process and you are winning!! Two thumbs up and high fives from me!!!
    Gene and Jeanne
    CSS October 2012, 2013, 2014, 2016, 2017
    CSS/CTI October 2018

  14. #14

    Default

    As it was told to us: There's nude and then there is Prude... This is so true. You meet the nicest people who have the same interests.

  15. #15

    Default Hey! Me too!

    Quote Originally Posted by yqg View Post
    Great thread! My experience was similar but I was 55 when I first took everything off, looked around and was glad to see no one falling about laughing... no one seemed to notice at all. I too shocked my husband and I too was hooked.
    We are going to CN in October but I am going though fears and insecurities all over again. Last year I was diagnosed with Breast Cancer. I have had a double mastectomy and am in the middle of reconstruction. I had chemo, lost my hair and have since grown this weird white mop that I still haven't embraced as my own. It's going to take all my courage to disrobe on the CN AN beach, but I am going to do it... I refuse to let cancer beat me! If you happen to be there Oct 2 to 12 and see me, please say hello and give me a high five..... I'll need all the support I can get!!! I'll be having more reconstruction surgery soon after our vacation. ��
    Hi there! Just wanted to say you can do it! I had breast cancer in 2007 when I was 35 and my first trip to CN was on my 40th bday and my bucket list item was to walk naked on the beach...I did it! Bilateral mastectomy and reconstruction scars and all....since then I have been several times and never feel uncomfortable...if anything occasionally you will meet another survivor there as well! Jenny

  16. #16

    Default

    yqg,

    Worry not. My wife and I are both cancer survivors (12 and 7 years on) who embrace going AN. I have my Colon cancer "railroad" running up my stomach and darling wifey had a bilateral mastectomy with reconstruction. And, like rnjennifer, with the scars to prove it lol!

    As others have stated, you will meet a great group of folks who will care only about YOU, the whole person !

  17. #17

    Default

    Thank you for your encouraging words to all of us considering AN.
    We are returning to CN for our 2nd trip in October.
    We are a plus size couple in our late 20's, with more curves than not. I have had self esteem/self confidence issues since I was in high school, since I have always been heavier set. I think to myself... "I don't even want to look at myself nekkid, why would I want to subject anyone else out there to have to look at me nekkid?" "Everyone is going to be looking at my fat rolls and thinking about how I shouldn't be in the AN area" "People will stare" "I won't be able to enjoy myself". I have just never been comfortable in my own skin and would have never thought I would even be considering visiting AN.

    My hubby brought it up a few weeks ago and has expressed his interest in trying it. This is terrifying to me.... but at the same time.... I get that I probably SHOULD at least TRY it.

    I hear all this encouragement from other AN beachgoers, and everyone saying how friendly, non-judging, relaxed, and easy going everyone on that side can be. If I want privacy, most will give it. If I want to throw myself out there and be friendly, they will reciprocate and that most of all - nobody cares what you look like - we are all just there to enjoy our vacation in paradise. I get that.... and I am really trying to adjust my mindset and be open to trying it.
    Granted - that first try might be after dark and only in the hot tub..... but I promise... I will try!
    Julie and David
    CN Oct 2012
    Oct 2016

  18. #18

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JulieK View Post
    Thank you for your encouraging words to all of us considering AN.
    We are returning to CN for our 2nd trip in October.
    We are a plus size couple in our late 20's, with more curves than not. I have had self esteem/self confidence issues since I was in high school, since I have always been heavier set. I think to myself... "I don't even want to look at myself nekkid, why would I want to subject anyone else out there to have to look at me nekkid?" "Everyone is going to be looking at my fat rolls and thinking about how I shouldn't be in the AN area" "People will stare" "I won't be able to enjoy myself". I have just never been comfortable in my own skin and would have never thought I would even be considering visiting AN.

    My hubby brought it up a few weeks ago and has expressed his interest in trying it. This is terrifying to me.... but at the same time.... I get that I probably SHOULD at least TRY it.

    I hear all this encouragement from other AN beachgoers, and everyone saying how friendly, non-judging, relaxed, and easy going everyone on that side can be. If I want privacy, most will give it. If I want to throw myself out there and be friendly, they will reciprocate and that most of all - nobody cares what you look like - we are all just there to enjoy our vacation in paradise. I get that.... and I am really trying to adjust my mindset and be open to trying it.
    Granted - that first try might be after dark and only in the hot tub..... but I promise... I will try!
    You will be shocked with how much more comfortable you'll be with AN folks than textile types...we are in our 50's and both plus sized. Nowhere have we ever felt less conscious of that fact than at SSB, frankly it's the main reason we have chosen Couples for the 5th straight year. Like you've heard numerous times here, in 15 minutes you'll wander why you were ever concerned.

    Give this an honest effort. It can be a life altering experience...it was for us.

  19. #19

    Default

    Once you get in that water without a suit you will never want to wear a suit again. No one will look or stare. There are very few "perfect bodies" out there. Enjoy the body that you have and get on that AN beach!!

  20. #20

    Default

    Great thread and unlike most things you read on the Internet it is true. My wife and I was at CTI in March. Our first trip, and our first AN expierence. Just like everyone on this thread, we met the nicest people on the island. We had more conversations and met more people on the island then we did on the textile beach.

    Hoping to return September 17. Can't wait!

    Darla and Rick

  21. #21

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JulieK View Post
    Thank you for your encouraging words to all of us considering AN.
    We are returning to CN for our 2nd trip in October.
    We are a plus size couple in our late 20's, with more curves than not. I have had self esteem/self confidence issues since I was in high school, since I have always been heavier set. I think to myself... "I don't even want to look at myself nekkid, why would I want to subject anyone else out there to have to look at me nekkid?" "Everyone is going to be looking at my fat rolls and thinking about how I shouldn't be in the AN area" "People will stare" "I won't be able to enjoy myself". I have just never been comfortable in my own skin and would have never thought I would even be considering visiting AN.

    My hubby brought it up a few weeks ago and has expressed his interest in trying it. This is terrifying to me.... but at the same time.... I get that I probably SHOULD at least TRY it.

    I hear all this encouragement from other AN beachgoers, and everyone saying how friendly, non-judging, relaxed, and easy going everyone on that side can be. If I want privacy, most will give it. If I want to throw myself out there and be friendly, they will reciprocate and that most of all - nobody cares what you look like - we are all just there to enjoy our vacation in paradise. I get that.... and I am really trying to adjust my mindset and be open to trying it.
    Granted - that first try might be after dark and only in the hot tub..... but I promise... I will try!
    Hi Julie K,
    Just take a deep breath and try it. We are more of the plus size couple too! I completely understand self esteem issues, but if you think about it, no bathing suit can completely cover up the things about my body that I have an issue with, LOL.
    Gene and Jeanne
    CSS October 2012, 2013, 2014, 2016, 2017
    CSS/CTI October 2018

  22. #22

    Default

    These last few replies made me cry.....happy tears. I too am a breast cancer survivor, 3 years and counting. I also have the double mastectomy and reconstruction scars. We are visiting Jamaica and CN for the very first time in April 2017, I am putting the AN beach on my bucket list. 50 years old, gained about 30 pounds with chemo and forced menopause, but I want to do this! Thanks for the incentive!!

  23. #23

    Default

    You will be quite surprised on how fast the comfort level sets in. Everyone is there for the same reason. Freedom. You will love it!

  24. #24

    Default

    MamaBear, when in December of 2014 did you go. My wife and I were there from I believe the 17th to the 22nd. My wife was the one trying to start naked Zumba.

    Well if your going to be at CSS from December 14th through the 23rd of this year will be there too!

  25. #25

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JEANNEW View Post
    Hi Julie K,
    Just take a deep breath and try it. We are more of the plus size couple too! I completely understand self esteem issues, but if you think about it, no bathing suit can completely cover up the things about my body that I have an issue with, LOL.
    That was my thought - it isn't like you can't see that I am chunky and curvy with my bathing suit on... LOL
    Julie and David
    CN Oct 2012
    Oct 2016

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •