Default Staying at CSS - Which Resort Should We Do Our Trading Places Day Pass At?

My wife and I will be checking into CSS next week for our 10-year anniversary. This is our first time in Jamaica. I see that as part of the Romance Rewards program, we get to do a Trading Places Day Pass. I was wondering, how does that work and which other resort is best to visit for the day?

You trade places with the sister resort in the same city you are in. So...you will go to CTI. You will need to sign up a day in advance. The options are M-W-F. You will meet in the lobby at 10am, but shuttled over to CTI and return at 4pm. If you would like to leave before 4pm, you just ask the front desk to call you a cab.
    Juliann & Jeff
    Jamaica Soon Come

CTI would really be your only option, going to Negril to CN or CSA would be about a 3 hour journey ( or more) each way. Travel would just take up too much of your time.

You will only be able to do trading places at Couples Tower Isle. They only do trading places to the other couples resort on the same side of the Island. If you go to CTI for the day make sure you go to the island. We went for our first time the last time we were there and it is so relaxing out there.

You can only do Trading Places to the other resort in your area, so CN <-> CSA and CSS <-> CTI. So, if you are staying at CSS you can, once during your stay, go to Couple Tower Island from 10am to 4pm. If you want to leave early you will probably have to take a taxi (unless a van happens to be going that way). It is not far. Unfortunately you cannot stay for dinner at CTI.

Your only realistic option is Tower Isle as it's only a 12 - 15 minute ride from CSS. For you to go to CN or CSA, you'd have to make a drive that's probably close to 3 hours one way, as it's at the other end of the island. You'd spend more time on the road than you would in the resort. We always go to Tower Isle for a day when at CSS just to meet some new people and break up the trip.
    Go to the customer service desk when you check in at CSS and tell them to put you on the list for a trading places trip to Tower Isle. They'll tell you which day to be at the lobby and what time, usually 8:45 or so. They'll take a group over on the shuttle bus. Bring your beach bag and supplies with you for the day. You get to eat all you want and drink whatever you like while at the other resort. When at Tower Isle, make sure to duck in the lounge they have there and check out the historical photos on the wall. It's also worth a trip out to Tower Island itself as the ocean is beautiful. In my humble opinion, you guys hit the bulls-eye with your first trip to Jamaica being spent at CSS. Make sure you try SSB on your first day and have an excellent trip.
    Congratulations on the 10 year mark! Well Done!

Cti is your only option.

Quote Originally Posted by dobbs722 View Post
    My wife and I will be checking into CSS next week for our 10-year anniversary. This is our first time in Jamaica. I see that as part of the Romance Rewards program, we get to do a Trading Places Day Pass. I was wondering, how does that work and which other resort is best to visit for the day?
    Your only option with the Trading Places perk if you are staying at CSS is going to CTI for the day. If you want to go to CSA of CN, you can but for a fee- not to mention about a 3 hr ride to and from.

Your only choice from CSS is CTI. They won't take you 3 hours across the island to CN or CSA.
    <font size=2>
    CN 2006, CSS 2009, CN 2009, CN 2010, CTI 2010, CN 2011, CSS 2012, CN 2012, CN 2013, CSA 2014, CN 2014, CSA 2015, CN 2015, CN 2016, CN 2018, CN2019

Congrats on your anniversary. You made an excellent choice on both Jamaica and Couples. There are two Couples resorts in Ocho Rios (CSS/CTI) and two in Negril (CN/CSA). When you do a Trading Places day, you visit the other one in the same town, as they are only about 5 mins away from each other, but Ocho Rios and Negril are about 3 hours apart. From CSS, your Trading Places day will be at CTI.
    "Brutalize me with music..."

CN: 11/2007, 11/2010, 11/2011, 11/2013, 11/2015, 11/2016, 11/2017, 11/2018

You can only trade to CTI Monday Wednesday or Friday 10am - 4pm.

Just a note. make sure you have signed up for the Romance Rewards program before your go in order to take advantage of the Trading Places. As well, you will start earning points starting with this trip as I guarantee you will be returning to Couples!