Default Swim with Dolphins Excursion

Has anyone done this from CN or CSA? I'm considering doing this when we next go to CN, so would love to hear any comments you guys have. Thanks in advance!

We have done this twice. Both times at Dolphin Cove, Ocho Rios. At the time they didn't have Dolphin Cove in the Negril area. Since it is operated by the same company I would assume the Negril Dolphin Cove would be a similar experience.

It would be a matter of opinion if it is worth the money. This is one of the more expensive off resort excursions from Couples. We did the full experience. In our experience it was well worth the money. The only thing was that there was so much to do you can easily run out of time to do everything. I won't go into all of the details as there are some surprises.

Enjoy your stay in paradise
    Jack and Kathy
    CSA 2007, 2010, and 2016. CTI 2012, 2014. CN 2016 (Trading Places only), 2018, 2020. 2023?

I haven't done it, but my wife has and loved it. It is pricey, but she felt it was worth it.

Duane & Mary

Quote Originally Posted by ggo85 View Post
    Has anyone done this from CN or CSA? I'm considering doing this when we next go to CN, so would love to hear any comments you guys have. Thanks in advance!
    We also went to Dolphin Cove Ocho Rios. We did the excursion on one of our Jamaica vacations that we went with our kids. Luckily enough the excursion cost was provided by the resort we stayed at or I certainly would have cringed if I had to incur the cost of the trip. We did the Ultimate swim with Two Dolphins. It was priceless and in the same time pricey. I did see the ticket being billed to the resort which was like $984 for the excursion for the 4 of us.-(* this did not even include photos *) that was another $150+ plus option on top of the $984 depending on type of photo package you wanted. They did NOT allow you to take pics or video even if you have your own water or go pro camera with you. So if this was something you always wanted to do- definitely worth the experience and I know my kids will remember that excursion for a lifetime just a little pricey as others have said. So if not on a vacation budget and $ is no issue, I would recommend it. The Dolphin Cove in Ocho Rios also have other things and activities included like feed stingrays, nursing sharks, snorkeling, canoeing, speed boat ride, other birds and different animal encounters-not sure if they have same at the other Dolphin Cove in Lucea closer to CN and CSA.

Our daughter and husband just got back from CN and did the Dolphin Cove Excursion in Negril. They said while it was fun, probably not really worth the money.

My wife and I did it 10 years ago - the full package - expensive but well worth it. We still get the dvd out and look back at a wonderful experience.

We did this type of thing in Mexico (Puerto Aventuras) with the trained captive dolphins. It was awful. We also did it at Akaroa in New Zealand where the dolphins are wild and in their own habitat. You are told not to touch them but they swim up anyway. As an animal lover I would never do the captive dolphin thing again. It doesn't feel special at all. Just my tuppence worth.

Quote Originally Posted by Murtle View Post
    We did this type of thing in Mexico (Puerto Aventuras) with the trained captive dolphins. It was awful. We also did it at Akaroa in New Zealand where the dolphins are wild and in their own habitat. You are told not to touch them but they swim up anyway. As an animal lover I would never do the captive dolphin thing again. It doesn't feel special at all. Just my tuppence worth.
    WE did the highest package when we visited CSA. Swimming w/ dolphins has been #1 on my bucket list for years. I *liked* it but not as much as I'd hoped. Also I was SO guilt-ridden afterwards knowing these poor babies were kept in captivity; I would never do it again or support a place that does it. I totally agree w/ Murtle on this. I wish I could swim w/ dolphins in a wild habitat. Enjoy Jamaica in all it's natural beauty. One Love

Did it at both the Ocho Rios location and the Negril location. Actually liked the Negril experience better, but the Ocho Rios location has a lot more side attractions than the Negril one. At the Negril location you will go in do your swim, go see the sharks, then the stingrays, after that I think you can ride Camels or a Segway. Only one gift shop on your way out where you get your pictures also. At Ocho Rios their is more confusion over timing and when you need to be where for what. Lots of little gift shops and food places.

I've come around on this topic. I used to think it wasn't that big of a deal to swim with captive dolphins. Now, I think it's awful and would never spend a nickle to enable that industry.

Quote Originally Posted by muck View Post
    I've come around on this topic. I used to think it wasn't that big of a deal to swim with captive dolphins. Now, I think it's awful and would never spend a nickle to enable that industry.
    I completely agree with you muck! I understand the interest in a "wildlife experience" but these animals have been netted and caged and are expected to "perform" for us....they are no longer "wild". They are more of a circus act than a wildlife experience....even Ringling Bros stopped using elephants! I would much rather charter a boat and go out looking for WILD DOLPHINS to watch. I have seen the costs for some of these "experiences" and am amazed at how many will pay for it....just my personal opinion.
    Gene and Jeanne
    CSS October 2012, 2013, 2014, 2016, 2017
    CSS/CTI October 2018