Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 31
  1. #1

    Default CSA kitchen Renovation. here now

    Those who were worried it would a debacle, fear not!!

    Patois is breakfast buffet, which I actually like better. It's cooler, brighter and less cluttered. Plenty of room.

    For dinner it will switch off between buffet and a la carte.

    Lemongrass is a la carte breakfast. Same menu as Patios and the view is awesome.

    Sea grapes is also open for full dinner. It's like dinner on the beach. Going to try it tonight.

    There is no overflow of people to worry about.
    Palms still open bar and evening entertainment.

    Nothing to worry about. You will really like the change, and it's only for 3 months.

  2. #2

    Default

    Perfect - Thanks dawnth1- I had inquiry just about that in a separate CSA expansion thread. We are there in 6 days. By chance do you know what capacity CSA is currently running? Full, half, dead- LOL

  3. #3

    Default

    Good to hear! Thanks for the update! But 3 months? I thought it would be going until December. We're there November 17th.

  4. #4

    Default

    It's great that so many things are going well with the renovation but I'm a bit frustrated/bummed. We visited for the first time in May and fell in love with every single thing about the resort. Our favorite meal of the entire day (all 8 days) was Patois lunch. We scheduled every activity we did around making sure we could get to Patois in time for their incredible lunch. We assumed the regular menu would still be available but it doesn't look like it is.
    Last edited by PlayaKel; July 13th, 2016 at 09:23 PM.

  5. #5

    Default

    Is there set days of the week that Patios is buffet and a la carte and if so what days?

    How was Sea Grapes for dinner btw? Menu choices?

  6. #6

    Default

    Great! Thanks for the info!!

  7. #7

    Default

    Any updates?

  8. #8

    Default

    mattbev- Patois is buffet for lunch everyday and a la carte for the dinners that it's open..much to our disappointment :-( I sure do wish they would consider having at least two or three days a week with the regular Patois menu offerings. We don't do buffets and if it rains as much in September as it did in May we might be forced to as Seagrapes isn't good for rain at all and The Grill tables that are covered quickly get filled up. We don't mind rain but we do mind soaked/soggy food. We're still going on the trip but disappointed about the lack of varying options for lunch. Seems like an oversight or not planned very well at all.

  9. #9

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PlayaKel View Post
    mattbev- Patois is buffet for lunch everyday and a la carte for the dinners that it's open..much to our disappointment :-( I sure do wish they would consider having at least two or three days a week with the regular Patois menu offerings. We don't do buffets and if it rains as much in September as it did in May we might be forced to as Seagrapes isn't good for rain at all and The Grill tables that are covered quickly get filled up. We don't mind rain but we do mind soaked/soggy food. We're still going on the trip but disappointed about the lack of varying options for lunch. Seems like an oversight or not planned very well at all.
    Please also note... 90% of all the room/suites in the original/old section at CSA are closed & ALSO being renovated so capacity at CSA is lower currently. Though only Patois lunch menu seems to be missing during these renovations times, if it is any consolation, they are serving some of the Patois pizza's on their lunch menu at the Palms lunch buffet being housed in Patois while renovations are going on. Also possibly due to the other renovations on the rooms & suites in the older section and capacity being lower than expected, getting somewhere to eat whether it be being reservation or grabbing lunch at grill or Seagrapes, we did not encounter any issues with wait times or getting a table were we wanted to sit. We were at CSA from July 18 through July 25

  10. #10

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by VandA View Post
    Please also note... 90% of all the room/suites in the original/old section at CSA are closed & ALSO being renovated so capacity at CSA is lower currently. Though only Patois lunch menu seems to be missing during these renovations times, if it is any consolation, they are serving some of the Patois pizza's on their lunch menu at the Palms lunch buffet being housed in Patois while renovations are going on. Also possibly due to the other renovations on the rooms & suites in the older section and capacity being lower than expected, getting somewhere to eat whether it be being reservation or grabbing lunch at grill or Seagrapes, we did not encounter any issues with wait times or getting a table were we wanted to sit. We were at CSA from July 18 through July 25
    Thanks for the info! Do you know if they are continuing the low capacity during the entire renovation period? We're schedule Oct 5-12 and I was worried about this myself.

  11. #11

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by VandA View Post
    Please also note... 90% of all the room/suites in the original/old section at CSA are closed & ALSO being renovated so capacity at CSA is lower currently. Though only Patois lunch menu seems to be missing during these renovations times, if it is any consolation, they are serving some of the Patois pizza's on their lunch menu at the Palms lunch buffet being housed in Patois while renovations are going on. Also possibly due to the other renovations on the rooms & suites in the older section and capacity being lower than expected, getting somewhere to eat whether it be being reservation or grabbing lunch at grill or Seagrapes, we did not encounter any issues with wait times or getting a table were we wanted to sit. We were at CSA from July 18 through July 25

    what rooms are being renovated. Is it the ocean views veranda?

  12. #12

    Default

    [QUOTE=sharr12;280299]what rooms are being renovated. Is it the ocean views veranda?[/QUO
    BTW, "Ocean veranda suites " are on the newer side of the resort and there is no "view" in the name. Don't want to mislead anyone as the views are not great ocean views.
    Last edited by softail19; August 4th, 2016 at 08:47 PM.

  13. #13

    Default

    We're going back to same Ocean Verandah Suite, in Oct. Are these the ones under renovation?

    Name:  RoomLocal.jpg
Views: 2034
Size:  91.1 KB

  14. #14

    Default

    Here's what the view looks like, from an Ocean Verandah Suite.

    Name:  RoomLocal.jpg
Views: 2010
Size:  91.1 KB

    Name:  RoomA.jpg
Views: 1890
Size:  226.9 KB

    Name:  ViewA.jpg
Views: 1777
Size:  272.5 KB

  15. #15

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sharr12 View Post
    what rooms are being renovated. Is it the ocean views veranda?
    No- the ocean verandah suites are not part of the section they are renovating. All the older rooms closest to the Palms restaurant are getting refurbished. So basically all the older garden rooms, possibly some atrium and older beachfront rooms. There are still atrium suites in the older, original section of CSA that are still open and being used.

  16. #16

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mootisher View Post
    Thanks for the info! Do you know if they are continuing the low capacity during the entire renovation period? We're schedule Oct 5-12 and I was worried about this myself.
    Hi Mootisher....sorry but I am not sure on length of time or how long the renovating/refurbishing of the rooms in the older section will take. We did sit with Karen-( the GM) for the repeaters dinner and she noted they are redoing the bathrooms, electric and updating phone systems in the rooms. I guess it will really be dependent on how fast they work.

  17. #17

    Default

    [QUOTE=softail19;280313]
    Quote Originally Posted by sharr12 View Post
    what rooms are being renovated. Is it the ocean views veranda?[/QUO
    BTW, "Ocean veranda suites " aren't on the newer side of the resort and there is no "view" in the name. Don't want to mislead anyone as the views are not great ocean views.
    Hi Softail19... not sure if you meant Ocean Verandah Suites are in the newer section of CSA but the Ocean Verandah Suites are in fact in the newer section and not part of the original portion of CSA that is being renovated. What you noted is true, some Ocean Verandah suites might have ocean view but since they sit behind beachfront verandah suites-which have true ocean and beach front views, most OVS suites may not have a true view of ocean/beach

  18. #18

    Default

    "Ocean Veranda suites"
    ARE on the newer side of the resort. They surround the hot tub and lilly ponds. As for the units being renovated, it would be nice to hear from management, what rooms are currently being worked on. If they are the old garden suites, that would be the units closest to the lobby and the road. Management, can you advise?

  19. #19

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by K&J92 View Post
    "Ocean Veranda suites"
    ARE on the newer side of the resort. They surround the hot tub and lilly ponds. As for the units being renovated, it would be nice to hear from management, what rooms are currently being worked on. If they are the old garden suites, that would be the units closest to the lobby and the road. Management, can you advise?
    The Ocean Verandah Suites are NOT part of the rooms being renovated. You are correct the old garden suites around and closest to the lobby and to the Palms and some atrium and maybe some of the smaller beachfront suites with the smaller balconies are all screened off for the renovations. There are in fact still Atrium and beachfront suites-(especially the ones with the larger balconies) also part of the older original section of CSA are still OPEN and being used.

  20. #20

    Default

    [QUOTE=VandA;280321]
    Quote Originally Posted by softail19 View Post

    Hi Softail19... not sure if you meant Ocean Verandah Suites are in the newer section of CSA but the Ocean Verandah Suites are in fact in the newer section and not part of the original portion of CSA that is being renovated. What you noted is true, some Ocean Verandah suites might have ocean view but since they sit behind beachfront verandah suites-which have true ocean and beach front views, most OVS suites may not have a true view of ocean/beach
    My bad, I meant the ovs ARE on the newer side. They should be renamed. If I didn't know better and booked an ovs, I'd expect an ocean view or at least a partial. In most cases you don't get any as they are behind the beachfront rooms.

  21. #21

    Default

    I'm sure it will be just fine. It is Jamaica, after all. Trip #4 can't come soon enough! Thanks and hope you enjoyed your stay!

  22. #22

    Default

    I was concerned myself prior to our trip a couple weeks ago hearing about the renovations etc. thinking less reservation spots open and longer wait times but we really did not encounter any of that during our stay. Everything's gonna be alright as one great person has said.

  23. #23

    Default

    thanks for all the info

  24. #24

    Default

    Hi everyone, my wife and I will be returning to csa in mid September, one question do they allow you to use your own cups for the beer at the pool bar and beach bar?

  25. #25

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hard_To_Imagine View Post
    Hi everyone, my wife and I will be returning to csa in mid September, one question do they allow you to use your own cups for the beer at the pool bar and beach bar?
    Some people bring these Bubba cups. Personally my drinks don't last long enough to bother with bringing one.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •