Thread: Really?

Default Really?

Recent Tripadvisor review.

"Water Sports/Beach- beach was kind of a let down, only 50 yards long and about 20 yards deep. Actual beach isn't a beach, simply a bay water runs up to. Now the au natural beach is a much better beach. But, we don't see a point to those beaches. Main attendees to au natural beaches were old people that don't need to be naked in public anyway.The resort excludes its best beach to the nudist people. Very disappointing. To me, they need to do away with it.On the non nude beach, there really isn't much sand and no waves breaking, no sea shells etc."

Disappointing to see this kind of attitude displayed, I'm 47 and not in the best of shape but I'll be damned if I'll let someone body shame me and all the other residents of the Au Naturel area. Must be so tiring for this person to be perfect and project their hang ups onto others who don't have this kind of judgmental outlook. Apologies for the little rant, it's just that this kind of thing pisses me off. Just because someone doesn't like seeing careworn and lived in bodies, doesn't mean that the resort should eliminate the Au Naturel area.

Quote Originally Posted by IrieNewf View Post
    Recent Tripadvisor review.

"Water Sports/Beach- beach was kind of a let down, only 50 yards long and about 20 yards deep. Actual beach isn't a beach, simply a bay water runs up to. Now the au natural beach is a much better beach. But, we don't see a point to those beaches. Main attendees to au natural beaches were old people that don't need to be naked in public anyway.The resort excludes its best beach to the nudist people. Very disappointing. To me, they need to do away with it.On the non nude beach, there really isn't much sand and no waves breaking, no sea shells etc."

Disappointing to see this kind of attitude displayed, I'm 47 and not in the best of shape but I'll be damned if I'll let someone body shame me and all the other residents of the Au Naturel area. Must be so tiring for this person to be perfect and project their hang ups onto others who don't have this kind of judgmental outlook. Apologies for the little rant, it's just that this kind of thing pisses me off. Just because someone doesn't like seeing careworn and lived in bodies, doesn't mean that the resort should eliminate the Au Naturel area.
    Gotta agree with you IrieNewf.....I saw the post too!
    Gene and Jeanne
    CSS October 2012, 2013, 2014, 2016, 2017
    CSS/CTI October 2018

I think that life will be very hard and disappointing for the TA poster, very small minded. I'm fine strutting (actually limping) around with this 58 year old body, warts and all!

it must be tough to be perfect...LOL. As for breaking waves and shells he/she should really be looking at the Jersey shore or Florida. THIS IS THE CARRIBEAN! What a twit!

Ever heard of the term "Astroturfing". Tripadvisor is infested with it. I haven't trusted Tripadvisor in years. Even though I don't think anyone really wants to see me naked. If you don't like it, don't look.
    Jack and Kathy
    CSA 2007, 2010, and 2016. CTI 2012, 2014. CN 2016 (Trading Places only), 2018, 2020. 2023?

It goes without saying that the person who posted this on TA has absolutely no idea what the concept of AN is...don't get bothered over this. Shallow thinking, shallow attitude.

Yeah, I just found it and read the entire TA review. Some criticisms may be justified, some perhaps not. We have never been to Couples so I cannot honestly judge. But we are getting very excited having read all the continuous wonderful reviews and just done our DDD a few weeks ago!

Bottom line is some people cannot be pleased, no matter what. In all fairness, some folks do have bad luck in an otherwise awesome place. Inferior or bad service. Bad weather, transportation; whatever it may be.

I am certainly not defending the TA reviewer; just being fair. However the comments on AN area kinda angered me somewhat. Ok, a lot! That is NOT what AN is all about. People are people and each beautiful in their own way. You cannot go to a nude area and expect "people perfection" We've been nude with others so we know. That's like being disappointed that your sunset or your new friends or your food was not like you might expect to see in a brochure or commercial. Real is real.

You can insist people be a couple and they be nude. The rules are there for reasons which we all understand. But we cannot insist they "look" a certain way. That's not fair and quite ignorant to say.

Rant over. Carry on folks

Quote Originally Posted by BobandJoelie View Post
    Yeah, I just found it and read the entire TA review. Some criticisms may be justified, some perhaps not. We have never been to Couples so I cannot honestly judge. But we are getting very excited having read all the continuous wonderful reviews and just done our DDD a few weeks ago!

Bottom line is some people cannot be pleased, no matter what. In all fairness, some folks do have bad luck in an otherwise awesome place. Inferior or bad service. Bad weather, transportation; whatever it may be.

I am certainly not defending the TA reviewer; just being fair. However the comments on AN area kinda angered me somewhat. Ok, a lot! That is NOT what AN is all about. People are people and each beautiful in their own way. You cannot go to a nude area and expect "people perfection" We've been nude with others so we know. That's like being disappointed that your sunset or your new friends or your food was not like you might expect to see in a brochure or commercial. Real is real.

You can insist people be a couple and they be nude. The rules are there for reasons which we all understand. But we cannot insist they "look" a certain way. That's not fair and quite ignorant to say.

Rant over. Carry on folks
    Our first visit to CTI, we were on the main beach and at the main pool. Lots of younger, more fit people were here. We wondered where the over middle aged, gave birth people were. Finally, we ventured to the "Island". Yep, we found more people like us. Not only like us, but more friendly folks. Some of the best friendships made were on the Island. Yes, we've met other people who don't venture over, and that is fine, but don't NOT go because of your perception of your body. No one out there cares how you look.
    Vicky

Such comments regarding the AN area are from someone who is a) stuck in some Victorian time zone and b) very possibly one who, if he attended SSB, would probably be what we like to call an ogler. Think about it....why would someone who doesn't use, or understand, AN facilities complain about the lack of fit bodies? What does he think AN is all about? Next he'll be expecting a sign to go up at SSB....'Minimum body measurements required to access SSB. For the Ladies...38-24-36.... ' Och bejesus!! The place would be all but deserted because there are few bodies around like that and most belong to fit young people who are yet to accept the joys of being naked, in the sun (or rain) with others! At least he wont be back to CSS. Let joy be unconfined. It is peculiar isn't it, that at the point in our lives when we should be most willing to show off our bodies is when we are young, fit and healthy but reality tells us that this is the time in our lives that we are least likely to do the naked thing. As we fill out and get less attractive (by socially accepted standards), we become more likely to say 'oh f**k it, let's get nekkid!' and just go ahead and do it. it's all arse about face! In the final analysis he is the loser. Beauty comes in all shapes and sizes and I see many beautiful people every time we are there.

For old people? I'm only in my 30's (younger than the person listed age) and was at SSB almost daily with my wife. There was other couples same age range, there was many on 40's. It was really well mix of all ages. And if talking about Sans Souci which sounds like, the main beach, yes there was little section that was only that size, but on other side of the grill, another section of beach that was as long if longer the the thin part and much deeper. It's large enough for them pull up all the boats when weather it bad. So quite confusing, did they never go around the building? Yes, textile side had minimal shells being in the bay, but it had softer sands since in the bay and huge anemones and tons of fish if you snorkel over there. Just off and sounds like the person did not actually explore the resort.
    Jason (mbjnt) and Heather (hetoepfer82)
    Sans Souci 2016, (July 2017)

Quote Originally Posted by Murtle View Post
    Think about it....why would someone who doesn't use, or understand, AN facilities complain about the lack of fit bodies? What does he think AN is all about?
    I will hazard a guess as to the motivation of that poster. I'm guessing that he likes the A/N beach better than the regular beach, but he doesn't have the courage to drop trou and enjoy the A/N beach. He's probably ashamed of his own body and doesn't want to bare all so that he can enjoy what he perceives as the better beach. He wants access to what he thinks is the better beach but he doesn't want to be nude (which is the current required condition in order to enjoy that beach), so he wants the entire beach to be textile so that HE can get on that beach! He can keep wishing, because it's not going to happen.

By the way, I have found that most body-shamers are full of shame over their own bodies, and their actions of body-shaming other people is the result of their taking their own shame about their own bodies and projecting it outwards to others. Those type of people are pitiful, meaning that they are worthy of pity. It must be very difficult for people like that, to be so full of shame over your own body that it overflows and spews out towards others. What an unhappy person that poster must be.

As someone who swam in both, it's the same damn beach. I didn't see a lot, or maybe even any shells on either beach from what I recall. As far as insulting people who are nude for being out of shape, well kiss my big naked butt. I like swimming nude.

ROLF CA_girl_in_TX. If there was a like button I would have!

Interesting point though body shamming vs going full naked running with the breeze though the, well, you know. I will admit, myself having issues with personal body image issues. I've gone through anoxia in the past and gained large amount of weight since the (much of it needed, but about 30lbs to much). But I felt more at ease on the au naturel then I ever have. Talking with groups of people, doing activities with strangers, and being more social than I normally ever am (which I do have social anxiety). It almost makes me wish I could just walk about rest of life naked. It is amazing people still have the issue there in Jamaica. Combination of the Jamaicans not caring about body image, booze, the laid back environment, and booze, it's easy to get over it.

Oh well, can't though make everyone happy.
    Jason (mbjnt) and Heather (hetoepfer82)
    Sans Souci 2016, (July 2017)