Thread: CTI Safety

Default CTI Safety

First time to CTI, Jamaica as well and I've heard and read alot about the safety in Jamaica...My question is, how safe is CTI? Is there a safe in the room? If so, will your belongings be safe in there? Thanks in advance. Arriving in less than a week.

Never been to CTI but our trip to csa in October will be #9 to the island. Lock your valuables in the safe and use common sense. We don't leave the resort at night but some do. No worries and enjoy your vacation!

we've never had any issues...even when we left things out...camera/ipod/laptop/kindle...never any issues..enjoy!

CSA 2009, 2014 [20th anniversary]
    CSS 2010
    CN 2011
    CTI 2017 [50th birthday & 23rd anniversary], 2019 [25th anniversary]

Been to CTI many times and feel VERY safe there. Each room has a nice sized safe. Items are safe on the beach also. Common sense is the key.

At CN, I have left the resort countless times (running on the road), no worries. No running now due to a foot injury . Lock your valuables, use basic precautions you would use anywhere else and all will be good. (if I am allowed to mention a specific product...) I also use a K.I.S.S. (keep your stuff safe) bag on the beach. I can throw iPhones, spending money and what not into the bag and lock it to the chair. I really don't have any fear of losing things, but I figure replacing 2 iPhones outside of the Verizon upgrade schedule could easily cost in excess of $1000, so better safe...

been to CTI 6 times. I feel very safe always. Please use in room safe to be sure.

We have been Jamaica a dozen or more times and have never felt unsafe but we do not go out that much once we get to the resort.

A couple days ago a Canadian man was shot while walking back to his hotel from dinner in Negril. He was walking with his girlfriend and his father.

I found a couple of articles that talk about an increase of murders in the Negril area the past few years.

http://www.jamaicaobserver.com/news/...s-killer_63706

We were there last August and felt completely safe. Never noticed anything moved around our safe or luggage. I would advise not wearing rings while doing water activities. Another couple we met lost his wedding ring in the swimming area, luckily the shell man came by and found it. it ended up costing him 50 bucks. Keep the expensive stuff in the safe, my wife wears hear fakes a lot of times!

We've been to Jamaica 10 times. CTI 3 - there is a safe in the room. Have never had an issue on or off the resort.

Quote Originally Posted by drbcwp View Post
    We have been Jamaica a dozen or more times and have never felt unsafe but we do not go out that much once we get to the resort.

A couple days ago a Canadian man was shot while walking back to his hotel from dinner in Negril. He was walking with his girlfriend and his father.

I found a couple of articles that talk about an increase of murders in the Negril area the past few years.

http://www.jamaicaobserver.com/news/...s-killer_63706
    Oh wow...that's tragic!

We have never felt unsafe in Jamaica. We have stayed at CSA and CSS. Our first visit at CSA, I missed a day (too many 'drinks of the day") and my husband walked into town to the local jerk festival that was going on that day. He was welcomed by the locals, no problems mon. I would caution that the drinks can get you faster than the locals...have a good time.

CTI is safe. They have security to keep non-guests off the property. Yes, they have safes in the rooms for your valuables. They work and we've never had an issue. The thing you need to remember is that Jamaica relies on tourism for its economy so will do its best to protect you. Every city has dangerous places...it's not going into the places you wouldn't go in back at home that will keep you out of them.

The people of Jamaica are friendly and humble. Get to know those you meet each day around the resort; bellhops ("Capt." Kirk is great), housekeeping, servers, water sports, entertainment, bartenders, etc. If you talk with them you'll find out a lot of neat stuff about them and Jamaica. Then maybe you'll want to adventure off the resort to places like Dunn's River Falls (included in your stay) and Ocho Rios (shopping trip).

Have fun and enjoy the beauty of Jamaica!! You'll find it not only in the land but also the people!

Quote Originally Posted by Bert View Post
    At CN, I have left the resort countless times (running on the road), no worries. No running now due to a foot injury . Lock your valuables, use basic precautions you would use anywhere else and all will be good. (if I am allowed to mention a specific product...) I also use a K.I.S.S. (keep your stuff safe) bag on the beach. I can throw iPhones, spending money and what not into the bag and lock it to the chair. I really don't have any fear of losing things, but I figure replacing 2 iPhones outside of the Verizon upgrade schedule could easily cost in excess of $1000, so better safe...
    Hi Bert, where did you find the KISS bag? I would love to get one.

Quote Originally Posted by MzKHL View Post
    Hi Bert, where did you find the KISS bag? I would love to get one.
    Mz - I got mine through kyssbags.com
    I got the compact bag in black. Compact has plenty of room for phones, glasses, money, etc. I think any bigger would be too big for me. I like it a lot.

I just read this and went looking for it myself even though we have never worried in our trips to CN. We will be there in 21 days but I did find (I think) what he was referring to @ kyssbags.com.........not involved or employed in any way with them

Quote Originally Posted by Bert View Post
    Mz - I got mine through kyssbags.com
    I got the compact bag in black. Compact has plenty of room for phones, glasses, money, etc. I think any bigger would be too big for me. I like it a lot.
    OK thanks Bert

In light of what is happening in the US, the place I would not be afraid to be is Jamaica. Yes, you do have to be aware of your surroundings, just like any place. But go and enjoy!
    Last edited by Vickyj; June 19th, 2016 at 07:59 AM. Reason: Wording
    Vicky

Never had an incident at CTI. At CSS I left my iPad behind in the hotel room as we were checking out. Staff could have easily kept it - instead they ran after me, all the way up the stairs, and returned it.

Quote Originally Posted by ct ti fan View Post
    Never had an incident at CTI. At CSS I left my iPad behind in the hotel room as we were checking out. Staff could have easily kept it - instead they ran after me, all the way up the stairs, and returned it.
    That was nice of them to make sure u had your belongings...looks like I chose the right resort!!

CTI is very safe. We chose not to leave the resort because everything is included there. I'm not really one to venture out. But on site, everything is very safe. Yes- we put our passports and wallets in the safe, but camera we always have with us.