Default CTI - Dunns River Falls

Hello,
    This will be our first time to CTI. We have been to CSA twice before and have decided to venture out to the Ocho Rios side this time. We would like to do the Dunns River Fall excursion, but we were just wondering approximately how long will we spend at Dunns River Fall once we arrive. Is it a half day excursion? Or is it just an hour or two?

You leave after breakfast and you are back for lunch. The falls is just on the other side of OR from the resort.
    Vicky

You'll be SO glad you went to DRF. We just got back in May from CSS and we LOVED the Duns excursion. You'll get a quick briefing when you get there, climb the falls, have a few minutes to "shop" if you so choose (though watch out, once you stop and give the vendors ANY of your time, they will suck you in to buy).... we were warned ahead of time and just walked through without stopping. If that's your thing, by all means, have a look around. We were gone about 2.5 hours I think. It's SO WORTH it. Have a great time! Make sure to pack your water shoes!

Thank you so much for the info. We can't wait

The Couples buses (one from CTI and one from CSS) arrive just before the resort opens and well before the mass of buses from cruise ships, etc. We were the second group to go up the falls that day and were done before it got really crazy. If you do not have water shoes you can buy them for about $10 or rent them for about $5. Our shuttle stopped just before the entrance and you could buy/rent them from a vendor there. They were not the world's best water shoes but they were pretty good and much more than adequate.

My husband has trouble walking (fused ankle). Would you advise us to skip DRF excursion?

Quote Originally Posted by regina1961 View Post
    My husband has trouble walking (fused ankle). Would you advise us to skip DRF excursion?
    There is a walkway beside the falls so if he is able to he could use that instead. I would go anyway because you don't have to climb them if you don't want to. It will be nice to see even if you don't partake. You can make that decision when you get there. It's only a few hours out of your day.
    CTI - 07, 10, 13, 15, 16, 18, 21

It would be difficult with a fused ankle but like others have said, you don't have to climb.

We went on our honeymoon, and honestly I was REALLY turned off by the trip. For one, the hotel says you should bring all this stuff with you (sunscreen, sunglasses, camera, etc.) not to mention you've got your room keys and money, and then the trip guides tell you that you have to leave EVERYTHING on the bus??? I had scam red flags going up all over so I was uncomfortable to start with, then you walk down to the bottom of the falls and they insist that everyone hold hands to walk UP the falls. I'm sorry, but on my honeymoon, I'm not holding hands with strangers. That was just too much for me, so we went back to the parking lot to wait on the bus. Maybe because I was already in a bad mood because my sciatica was acting up real bad that day, but I'm totally skipping that trip this time.

Quote Originally Posted by octopusblonde View Post
    We went on our honeymoon, and honestly I was REALLY turned off by the trip. For one, the hotel says you should bring all this stuff with you (sunscreen, sunglasses, camera, etc.) not to mention you've got your room keys and money, and then the trip guides tell you that you have to leave EVERYTHING on the bus??? I had scam red flags going up all over so I was uncomfortable to start with, then you walk down to the bottom of the falls and they insist that everyone hold hands to walk UP the falls. I'm sorry, but on my honeymoon, I'm not holding hands with strangers. That was just too much for me, so we went back to the parking lot to wait on the bus. Maybe because I was already in a bad mood because my sciatica was acting up real bad that day, but I'm totally skipping that trip this time.
    Bad idea in the first place with back issues 😉

Quote Originally Posted by doncindy View Post
    There is a walkway beside the falls so if he is able to he could use that instead. I would go anyway because you don't have to climb them if you don't want to. It will be nice to see even if you don't partake. You can make that decision when you get there. It's only a few hours out of your day.
    Approximately how long does this excursion last?

Approximately how long does this excursion last?
    A couple of hours

Make sure you Ask guest services or excursion desk on the day you pick to go that about how many cruise ships are expected to port in Jamaica the day you plan on going. We have done the Dunn's excursion many times and did it again this past Wednesday and NEVER seen it as busy it was Wednesday. I believe 3 cruise ships came in the Tuesday night before so it was mad busy that next Wednesday morning when we went. There wasn't even any room for couples bus/shuttle to park.