Default Clarification needed for Dress Code

I read on FB CTI page that "dress" sandals are allowed for men at 8 Rivers. Someone posted a written dress code notice from the resort. Just what are men's "dress sandals"? My husband doesn't wear sandals, even on the beach, but I do try to help inform people who ask questions on the FB page and I don't want to give out the wrong informatio. I guess this ranks up there with "dress jeans". I still can't wrap my head around wearing jeans in Jamaica, but that's just my opinion.
    Vicky

If you go to the main Couples website, select a resort, then click Dining, Restaurants, select a restaurant then click Info then hours, you will see the dress code for that particular restaurant. This applies to any restaurant on any Couples resort. This link will bring you to the Tower Isle restaurants. http://couples.com/resorts/tower-isl...dining-options I would consider this more accurate than what you find on Facebook.
    If you look at what not to wear they mention flip flops. Sandals that are not flip flops. Don't try to read too much into this. You should be able to tell the difference between cheap flip flops and nicer sandals that may have leather straps.
    Jack and Kathy
    CSA 2007, 2010, and 2016. CTI 2012, 2014. CN 2016 (Trading Places only), 2018, 2020. 2022?

Hubby wore something similar to this... http://www.dsw.com/shoe/gbx+cayman+f...?prodId=348914
    I found some for a steal at Wally World, I believe, since I knew that he would only wear them occasionally. Good luck! And I'm with y'all on the dress jeans....not cool in the summer or warm in winter!

CSA 2009, 2014 [20th anniversary]
    CSS 2010
    CN 2011
    CTI 2017 [50th birthday & 23rd anniversary], 2019 [25th anniversary]

It was explained to me that for men 1) they had to be leather or similar, 2) look nice and, most important, 3) have a strap around the back of the heal. Women did not have to have the strap.

Of course, I have seen people wearing ratty tennis shoes in the fancy restaurants, so enforcement can vary.

Quote Originally Posted by wileeandrr View Post
    Hubby wore something similar to this... http://www.dsw.com/shoe/gbx+cayman+f...?prodId=348914
    I found some for a steal at Wally World, I believe, since I knew that he would only wear them occasionally. Good luck! And I'm with y'all on the dress jeans....not cool in the summer or warm in winter!
    Jerusalem Cruisers!

Why can't guys just wear a pair of regular casual closed toed shoes? Docker's make really comfortable shoes that feel great and look great. It is not like Jamaica is a furnace... Dress to impress, at least for your lady... Come on guys....

Quote Originally Posted by Bearso View Post
    Why can't guys just wear a pair of regular casual closed toed shoes? Docker's make really comfortable shoes that feel great and look great. It is not like Jamaica is a furnace... Dress to impress, at least for your lady... Come on guys....

Thank you, Bearso.

My husband wore some nice leather Sperry's. He had always taken "dress sandals" like the above ones posted but said the Sperry's were much more comfortable. Now I can't get him to take it off. And fwiw, I think he looks fine as long as he's within the dress code and happy. He even wore a t-shirt to Patois at CSA for dinner one evening *gasp*.