Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Who has stayed at multiple Couples Resorts?

My wife and I stayed a CSS last October and had a great time. We were first concerned that Couples seemed to not attract many younger couples prior to our visit. By the end of the trip we really did not care that we were one of maybe 10 other couples under 40. Either way, we will be returning this year but a little timid on choosing another resort. We are looking at CTI but the pictures seem like the beach is small. We really enjoy just relaxing on the beach with a drink for a few days. It would be nice to have somewhere where the night life is a little better but overall CSS was worth every penny. The other two resorts in Negril seem like your staying almost in a hotel with the levels of floors and elevators. But what makes those much more costly? I know there are a significant more amount of rooms as well. We do not want to feel like we are vacationing with hundreds of other people. I hope some of this makes sense and who has been to a couple if not all of the resorts can help!

Easy, CSA has it all. The only one we haven't been to is cti. They are all nice in their own way but if you'd like a few pics of csa, email me at clemonssara40@gmail.com.

No elevators are CN nor CSA. The price is higher because they are both on one of the nicest beaches in the world. CSS (which I love) and CTI (which has never appealed to me enough to go there) both are obviously nice resorts, but their beaches are just not what many people want on a Caribbean vacations. Negril (both) have amazing beaches. Access to night life though means CSA is your better option.
    Have fun!

We have been to all four and prefer the Negril side for the sunsets and the quality of the beaches. CSA has the best beach but it's about twice the size of CN. We do like the older side of CSA because there are 3-4 rooms in each building and it does not have the "hotel" feel. You might want to try CN because of its size, more personal feel, and still a very nice beach.

Life is good

We spent our honeymoon at CTI 20 years ago, and yes the beach is small. Stayed at Negril but that wasn't the resort for us, have not been to swept away so cannot comment. For us CSS is our favourite resort and home away from home. Each to their own and variety is the spice of life!!! We have enough variety on our other holidays throughout the year in Europe and returning to CSS is what makes a wet UK winter bearable!

Default Been to all four

Quote Originally Posted by smith219 View Post
    My wife and I stayed a CSS last October and had a great time. We were first concerned that Couples seemed to not attract many younger couples prior to our visit. By the end of the trip we really did not care that we were one of maybe 10 other couples under 40. Either way, we will be returning this year but a little timid on choosing another resort. We are looking at CTI but the pictures seem like the beach is small. We really enjoy just relaxing on the beach with a drink for a few days. It would be nice to have somewhere where the night life is a little better but overall CSS was worth every penny. The other two resorts in Negril seem like your staying almost in a hotel with the levels of floors and elevators. But what makes those much more costly? I know there are a significant more amount of rooms as well. We do not want to feel like we are vacationing with hundreds of other people. I hope some of this makes sense and who has been to a couple if not all of the resorts can help!
    Each one is unique in and of itself. While the four properties and mush different physically they all share the exact same concept. Our favorite is CTI. Css is our least favorite because there are too many steps. We are both 68 and no longer like climbing steps.

Been to Negril CTI and CSS. CSS is tops for SSB and pool. That's priority for us. Negril has a better overall beach and you can walk for miles up and down
    CTI seems to have younger guests but we were not impressed

To us,CN is liking staying on your very own South Pacific Island.Cn has the most shade with palm and seagrape trees.
    CN is a real 100% Jamaican resort that was the only Couples resort to be built from scratch.
    CN has the most beach,not the longest,but the most beach.
    CN probably has the very best meet and great area in Jamaica at their swim up bar.
    CN has the calmest beach since it is located inside 2 mile Bloody Bay.
    CN has less vendors but it also has Donnavon,the world famous singer that walks the beach to entertain us.
    CN also is host to the world's greatest guests.
    CN is a wrap around resort.Meaning if you are at the pool or swim up bar then you are in the dead center.
    CN..Couples Negril.Where strangers meet,share a drink,share laughs and become life long hugging friends.
    CN..Couples Negril..Oh,how I just LOVE typing these words.

Hugs from Tommywommy
    Attached Images Attached Images    

We stayed at CTI in 2013 and loved it, even though the beach was small. Always found a space to relax with drinks, and thought the food and entertainment was the best. Also, the crowd was younger...many couples in their 30's, and several in their 20's. Couldn't beat the view from the rooms -- so romantic and relaxing. We never got the "hotel" vibe others refer to...and only Block 3 had an elevator. In 2015 we went to Couples Negril and also had a great time. Better beach and pool, but the food wasn't as good (not bad mind you, but nowhere as good as CTI). Better run activities at CN. The view from the room was seriously lacking...we should have just gotten a garden room and saved the money. The guests though were overall older...many more couples in their 40's and 50's. Even though the resort holds more guests, you would never have guessed it...neither resort ever seemed crowded. Don't fear trying another resort. Couples is after all, Couples. We really like the brand, and are now planning our next trip...to Sans Souci.

Each resort is unique and has its own personality. Our favorite is CN then CTI with our least favorite CSA. We have no interest in CSS because of all the hills/ steps.

We are doing a 15 night CTI/CN split in August. We love the glamour of CTI BUT CN is just about perfect.

If you have any questions about any of the three resorts please ask. We have been so many times I lost count.

It's funny reading everyone varying opinions

we honeymooned at CSS five years ago. Leave in three weeks for our third trip to CN. CSS was special to us but CN is our favorite (though we haven't actually been to CTI or CSA). We love the beach, the size, the atmosphere - everything. We are under 30 and have noticed we are on the younger side but there are always other honeymooners around so we get people of similar ages.

We have been to Couples 5 times. CTI twice and CSA 3 times. We also took a day trip over to CN on our last trip. As others have said, each resort has its own vibe. You won't find the cookie cutter sameness that you may see with some of the larger resort chains. Each Couples resort will have their strong and weak points. But overall each resort is about the same.

Chances are good that we will return to CTI on our next trip to Couples.

You seem concerned about the beach at CTI. Their beach has its good points and bad points. The good points. The area adjacent to any beach in Jamaica is considered public property. However the beach at CTI has a rocky area with a seawall and a pier on one side and cliffs on the other side. CTI has the closest thing to a private beach you will find in Jamaica. There is no constant parade of vendors, performers, or drug dealers on the CTI beach. CTI is also far enough out of Ocho Rios that you get little both traffick also. Yes, the beach at CTI is small, but it is plenty large enough for this resort. About the only bad thing is the small isolated beach is not good for walking. You can walk the length of the beach in a matter of minutes. We walk the paths on the back side of the resort instead.

We have not stayed at CSS so I can only pass along what I have heard. While riding on the bus with other couples staying at CSS most say the nightlife at CTI is better.

A good and bad thing about the layout of CTI. It looks more like a large hotel. But something we like is that the rooms with an ocean view have a better view than you will find at the other Couples resorts. We usually stay in the Premier Ocean room which has a full unobstructed view of the ocean.

The good thing about Couples in my opinion is that there is really no bad choice.

Enjoy your stay in paradise

Returning to Couples in 2018? Haven't yet decided which resort.
    Jack and Kathy
    CSA 2007, 2010, and 2016. CTI 2012, 2014. CN 2016 (Trading Places only), 2018, 2020. 2023?

We have stayed 3 times each at CTI, & CN, and are going to CSA for our 3rd trip this fall.

Have done a day pass to CSS and decided we wouldn't stay there due to the number of steps (I have bad knees and am rather lazy).

As stated before, each resort has it's own feel and own vibe. If you're looking for night life then CSA is a great choice. There's stuff to do at CN but Ultimate Chocolate in the Piano Bar and the Disco really set CSA for night life. The beaches at CN and CSA are spectacular. We prefer to stay in the Atrium Suites at CSA because there are only 4 rooms per block and share no walls, so there's no "hotel feel".

The one thing CSA does not offer that the other 3 do is an AN area. If that's where you spent your beach time at CSS, then CN would be a better choice

We have been to all 4 and like them all for different reasons. CSS and CN are the resorts we return to the most. I say try them all!! 87 days to go!
    -Annaleis & Neil (Should be 1cat2dogs)
    www.facebook.com/dapfpod
    www.darkangelsandprettyfreaks.com

Our Favorite in order (CTI,CN,CSS,CSA)

It depends what you are looking for, ALL are very nice.

The beaches are smaller at CTI and CSS but we do not need 2 miles of beach, just a nice beach and CTI and CSS have private beaches. The vendors bothered me at CSA, I liked the beach at CN better but not the pool because if you get a big group at CN they can takeover the pool and the other pool at CN is not good. I like the 2 nice pools at CTI

If you want a/n then CSS,CTI,CN,CSA, the a/n area is far better at CSS

I thought the food was best at CTI and the worst at CSS

We like the Atrium rooms the best at CSA and CN probably has the worst rooms

So, it depends on what you are looking for.

If you have the time and can afford it, do a split stay between the two. We did 4 nights at CTI and 8 nights at CSS last year and loved it. We were at CN once and while the beach was loveley, CSS owns our hearts.

Quote Originally Posted by drbcwp View Post
    Our Favorite in order (CTI,CN,CSS,CSA)

It depends what you are looking for, ALL are very nice.

The beaches are smaller at CTI and CSS but we do not need 2 miles of beach, just a nice beach and CTI and CSS have private beaches. The vendors bothered me at CSA, I liked the beach at CN better but not the pool because if you get a big group at CN they can takeover the pool and the other pool at CN is not good. I like the 2 nice pools at CTI

If you want a/n then CSS,CTI,CN,CSA, the a/n area is far better at CSS

I thought the food was best at CTI and the worst at CSS

We like the Atrium rooms the best at CSA and CN probably has the worst rooms

So, it depends on what you are looking for.
    It is so funny how everyone likes different things about each resort. We love CN and the Beachfront suites. While at CSA I was in tears when I saw the rooms until they moved us to a great house Jacuzzi suite.

You really need to go to Negril instead of Ochos Rios. Yes, it is more expensive, but there is a reason for that. Since you've said that the beach matters to you, there really is no other option. 7 mile beach and bloody bay is more beach than you'll ever see in Ochos Rios. I wrote a comparison review for CN and CSA a few years ago... it's dated but you might find it to be useful:

https://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowUser...h_Jamaica.html

CSA might be better for the nightlife, but if you are looking for a place with fewer people, CN is the resort you should choose.

But if you are beach people, you really really need to be in Negril. Really ... this is a no-brainer!

Been to all of them. CTI is our favorite. I really dont think there is much difference between the beach size between CSS and CTI. You will find a good spread of ages at CTI and the nightlife is certainly better.

We have stayed at all but CTI. Our first was CSA then CSS. CSS was nice but we are beach lovers and just didn't compare to CSA.
    Room service at CSS was great. The Winter Olympics were on when we were there and getting nachos and other munchies to watch the games was awesome. Yes we are Canadians so this was great.
    We did a split stay CN/CSA. Loved both. My husband liked CN more than I. We return to CSA most years now but a large part is the people we have met who travel at the same time as us.
    I personally think you can't go wrong with going with Couples. Just look at each resorts photos and see what appeals to you.
    Happy Travels.

We've been to all four. CN has it's charms, no doubt. Gorgeous beach, facilities, food, service, sparkling clean. For us, CSS is too spread out and tons of stairs, though the mineral pool is fabulous. But having been there twice we won't be back. CSA has nothing on CN as far as our opinion goes, but that's a personal decision and you could very well feel differently. CTI has captivated us completely and I can't see us ever going anywhere else. The beach is smaller, but how big of a beach do you need when there's more than enough sand, shade, swimming for everyone. But, they're all winners - no worries about making a poor decision.

Hey. We are 25/34 and thinking of going for our honeymoon. We have never done anything like this! Intrigue has got the better of us. We would like to go to the hotel with the youngest crowd. What would you advise? Thanks x

Default First timers!

We are thinking seriously about coming to one of the resorts for our honeymoon! We are too intrigued not to!
    We are 25/34 and understand that some of the resorts would have a younger crowd? Which one would anyone advise us of going to please?
    Thanks

We recommend csa and have seen all ages at the 3 we've been to.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast