Default What's considered the "off-season" at CN?

We are heading there in early August and am wondering what to expect in regards to crowds. We stayed at CSA 5 years ago in early to mid-May and and I think they fairly crowded, maybe even full. Do you think it will be very different in August, or does Couples stay full year round? It won't impact our decision either way; I'm just curious.

Quote Originally Posted by cambed View Post
    We are heading there in early August and am wondering what to expect in regards to crowds. We stayed at CSA 5 years ago in early to mid-May and and I think they fairly crowded, maybe even full. Do you think it will be very different in August, or does Couples stay full year round? It won't impact our decision either way; I'm just curious.
    We are about to go back for our third CN visit - previous visits were in late June and late October. I believe Oct is more the down season but we didn't notice a large difference in the crowd. Neither visit really felt crowded to us. I believe August is supposed to be the height of the off-season so I would guess you are more likely to find it less full than other times of the year.

Hello "cambed", We went to CN in 2015 from 8/13 - 8/21 and I do not recall the resort feeling crowded at any time we were there. Always plenty of room on the beach and never any long waits for dinner but we always eat pretty early.

My wife and I will be back at CN August 13th thru 20th. What dates will you be there?

August is low season. As its the summer in the US and hurricane season in the Caribbean, prices are lower too..

I'm no expert on this, but I think the resorts stay nearly full year round. Pricing is cheaper in the low season, which attracts more the budget minded guest (a group I proudly include myself in). On recent visit in October (low season) I asked a member of management how full the resort was at that particular time and I believe he said they were about 80% full.