Thread: So disappointed

Default So disappointed

We have been coming to Couples Tower Isle for 17 years and after 21 trips a wedding and a vow renewal we regard certain members of the staff as true friends, so couldn’t believe that Delroy has been relieved of his job, he was one of the main reasons we kept coming back and we are having serious doubts about returning in December.

ya mon, we to, going to swept away, find some of our favorite staff have been relieved of their jobs, for what ever reason, it is never easy for especially them!

Oh no, that's sad news. I hope he is alright. Is Kirk still there? We always look forward to seeing him and Byron too!

KristyJ1000

When we were there in December 2014, Delroy told us that he would be retiring in 2015.

We too have been friends with Delroy since 1995. We certainly miss him. But over the past 21 years there have been a number of staff that have left COR. While it is true that we miss them, we have no problem returning year after year. It would take a whole lot more than missing staff for us to not be returning.

Delroy really kept the beach in tip top condition. He will be missed. I cant imagine what kind of "disagreement with a guest" could have preceded this.

Delroy really worked hard at keeping the beach in tip top condition. I cant immagine what kind of "disagreement with a guest" could have preceded this.

...really gutted to hear this. Delroy was our first real staff friend when we went on our initial trip to CTI in 2000. We met him on the beach that first morning and meeting up with him each year was a real treat. We met his lovely wife last year when they visited us at CSS. We had no indication that he would be leaving. This "Geezer" and his missus are really sorry to know that we will not see our friend again in 3 weeks time. What with the news of Delroy's brother Frankie passing away recently this just seems to be such sad timing. Will miss you Delroy.

We have gotten to know very many of the employees of The Couples Resorts.
    With almost each visit,we notice one gone.Regretfully,some pass away,others take different jobs,some move
    out of the country and some are let go.This happens all around the world but nothing makes us like it.

Hugs from Tommywommy
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Quote Originally Posted by Tommywommy View Post
    We have gotten to know very many of the employees of The Couples Resorts.
    With almost each visit,we notice one gone.Regretfully,some pass away,others take different jobs,some move
    out of the country and some are let go.This happens all around the world but nothing makes us like it.

Hugs from Tommywommy
    One of my biggest concerns about the huge resort opening next door to Couples Negril is that they may pilfer some of the great Couples staff we have come to know and love. There is no telling how many people it will take to staff that monstrosity. I could never begrudge any staff members trying to better themselves, but I will certainly miss them if this happens. We shall see!
    Last edited by Gin Mon; May 26th, 2016 at 07:03 PM. Reason: inadvertently named another resort