Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default I thought it was not clothing optional....

My hubby and I had our first trip to CN in April and absolutely loved it. I could not get my hubby to go AN during the day, but we did partake in the hot tub at night and some swims. We spent our days on the beach right next to AN and on several occasions saw women topless but wearing their bikini bottoms while in the AN section. Has the no clothing policy changed?

It hasn't changed that I'm aware of. I've often seen women topless next to the AN section but not in it. Any woman wearing bottoms should have been told about it.
    Duane & Mary

No it has not, if they lingered I bet they'd be moved along. Shame he didn't try. I was nervous as hell, but I just went for it. Best decision ever, I'm going back to do it in a month.

misskathyi2009 Guest

It's been 2 years since I was there but there were women who did the same thing - topless but kept their bathing suit bottoms on and no one said anything to them. I was annoyed and my hubby told me to mind my own business.

Well, she spent her days there while we were there. Security never said anything and I am thinking no one cared or at least didn't say anything. I was just curious.

Say something about it. It's not complaining.

I agree with you. I would report them to the guard. It's nice because the playing field is level. If you want to be topless, use the regular beach.

this is why SSB/CSS is so much better for AN

At SSB it's not tolerated...thankfully.

I've seen security at SSB in action a couple of times, very discreet, but effective. Last October we had one women loudly claim that no one in her group minded that she kept her bottoms on. Security reminded her that others did mind and that she would need to lose the bottoms or leave, on that note she dropped her drawers and loudly exclaimed that everyone could kiss her butt. For some reason no one took her up on her offer!

SSB rocks! Respect!

Quote Originally Posted by Gatekeeper View Post
    and it is much more private at SSB which is great for first timers!

Unfortunately I believe it will always be a minor issue. I think once it is explained properly to guests and they understand why, they understand. In all fairness, however, it is difficult to explain the AN policy clearly on the website or in brochures without management perceived as picky about rules or pompous. But the rules do have a purpose. Similar to all guests being adult couples, not kids or singles. That creates the atmosphere for which everyone goes right?

Personally I like the policy. As so many have stated, it "levels the playing field" to reduce gawkers and subsequently singles.

The rules are explained VERY clearly on the sign presented as we all pass through the entrance and I have always loved the wording in the final sentence...

"...your cooperation is anticipated"

I don't see a lot of room for confusion in their policy and I'm glad they enforce it.

I'm sure they have a policy of no (total) nudity on the main beach and have never seen naked SSB people over there arguing the point. CSS has ample facilities for those preferring clothed or nude, so they shouldn't have to soften their policy for either group.

CSS/SSB, keep up the good work!!

sorry but we were there in april this year
    few women were topless, and nothing was said to them
    it was our first time there, so i was uncertain of the rules
    but absolutely nothing was said to them

Quote Originally Posted by Gatekeeper View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Dadofsprout5 View Post
    this is why SSB/CSS is so much better for AN
    I've never been, but I'm sure you're right. The bad part is, at least for me, nothing beats Bloody Bay beach. For me that means just too much. I just expect enforcement of the clearly posted rule. Maybe if it was neon lit...

El Duderino... I keep seeing you saying things like "everyone is on equal footing" and "the playing field is level". I think I agree with everything you have posted, but I don't know what these things mean. I guess I'm glad the playing field is level but I don't know what the game is. Thanks! Interested to understand these things because I think you are basically saying everything I would have said about this problem.

BTW- I am also very concerned that if a better system to control this problem is not in place before Royalton opens that CN will simply not be an option for my wife and I anymore.
    Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by rhallva View Post
    El Duderino... I keep seeing you saying things like "everyone is on equal footing" and "the playing field is level". I think I agree with everything you have posted, but I don't know what these things mean. I guess I'm glad the playing field is level but I don't know what the game is. Thanks! Interested to understand these things because I think you are basically saying everything I would have said about this problem.

BTW- I am also very concerned that if a better system to control this problem is not in place before Royalton opens that CN will simply not be an option for my wife and I anymore.
    Thanks!
    I might be able to address that question because I have used that "playing field" analogy also. It is not a game at all. It just means that without clothes, everyone is equal. No fancy swimwear or jewelry. No $50 tee shirt. But it is more than that. We're exposed. Each of us has flaws. Without clothes, they are all visible. But the ironic thing is, to be cliche', no one cares. We're just people. You're naked. I'm naked. So what!

"Let me go put on a swimsuit. Why, to get it wet?" When you think about it, not being naked is rather a silly idea.

Quote Originally Posted by rhallva View Post
    El Duderino... I keep seeing you saying things like "everyone is on equal footing" and "the playing field is level". I think I agree with everything you have posted, but I don't know what these things mean. I guess I'm glad the playing field is level but I don't know what the game is.
    Errr there's no game. What I mean is that everyone is equally exposed, and nobody can "hide". If you introduce clothing optional, and/or non couples, watch what the beach fill up with clothed people looking to catch eyefuls, single men, etc.

If we had not had the assurance of the "every one" naked I'm not sure we would have tried it. We are in our 50's and were first timers in April at CSS. We're defiantely not models but more people with less than perfect bodies like us which put us at ease. Clothing optional or singles would have been a deal breaker for us. After 7 days I'm not sure it would bother us much now, but since we will be returning to CSS it's nothing we will have to even be concerned with. We like the pool and the beach is fine with us, plenty of shade or sun what ever floats our boat at the time,,,and great people.

Damion at TI told us the story of a woman who was refusing to remove her bottoms. Damion kept pressing and pressing and she eventually removed them....and promptly threw them at him!

This has been an interesting discussion. This is our first time to couples resort and we are both all in on trying the AN island at CTI in June. We are also in our 50's and this will be our first experience at an AN beach. The general spirit and attitude from the people here that enjoy the AN beach takes the edge off of trying this out. Interestingly enough, when I think about it, the areas of my body that are not perfect are not covered by my bathing suit.

Quote Originally Posted by chucknlisa View Post
    This has been an interesting discussion. This is our first time to couples resort and we are both all in on trying the AN island at CTI in June. We are also in our 50's and this will be our first experience at an AN beach. The general spirit and attitude from the people here that enjoy the AN beach takes the edge off of trying this out. Interestingly enough, when I think about it, the areas of my body that are not perfect are not covered by my bathing suit.
    That's part of my rationale. My most embarrassing features are already seen if wearing a bathing suit. Removing the suit really doesn't make it any worse.

When we were at CN last year there was a woman who really raised a stink about wanting to keep her bottoms on while on the AN beach. Security came over and made her and her husband leave. She was really mad, but hey, that's the rule. I was glad security dealt with it.

They can go topless on the main beach at CN. At CTI on the "island", they have asked people to remove their bottoms, including men. If they don't remove them, they are asked to leave. At CTI, the only place to go topless is at the end of the pier. You can't be topless at either of the mainland pools. We've never seen an "issue" at SSB, but we've only visited for the day.
    Vicky

We have been to SSB, CTI and CN three times each. Our typical stay is two weeks. With the exception of one visit, we always encountered at least one woman who refused to remove her bottoms.

At CN, there were two women in a group who wore a plastic apparatus that gave the appearance that there were no bottoms but indeed the clear straps and little plastic "dam" were visible and we are not the looker types. It made you look because it was so obvious.

I don't understand the reasoning nor do I care- just very odd. At CSS last year, there was a woman right at the waterline who wore a sarong over her lower half all day. She came up to speak to my wife at dinner one evening and told her that those parts were for her husbands "enjoyment only" but she enjoyed watching others. We did tell security and she did leave for the day but was back the next.

My thought is, she must have some really special parts that would magically turn others into uncontrollable gawkers. Oh well- back again in 3 weeks!!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast