Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Quote Originally Posted by jamaka View Post
    At CSS last year, there was a woman right at the waterline who wore a sarong over her lower half all day. She came up to speak to my wife at dinner one evening and told her that those parts were for her husbands "enjoyment only" but she enjoyed watching others. We did tell security and she did leave for the day but was back the next.
    It is quite clear that some people believe that the rules ought not to apply to them. As long as the management is not forceful and decisive, those people will continue to 'push the envelope' and dictate the pace.

Many people will not go nude if others are not following the rules. At naturist/nudist resorts the playing field must remain level and it is the management's duty to ensure that this is so. No excuses whatsoever!

Quote Originally Posted by BobandJoelie View Post
    Unfortunately I believe it will always be a minor issue. I think once it is explained properly to guests and they understand why, they understand. In all fairness, however, it is difficult to explain the AN policy clearly on the website or in brochures without management perceived as picky about rules or pompous. But the rules do have a purpose. Similar to all guests being adult couples, not kids or singles. That creates the atmosphere for which everyone goes right?

Personally I like the policy. As so many have stated, it "levels the playing field" to reduce gawkers and subsequently singles.
    We agree 100%. We are going to CSS in January and will be spending ALL our time at the AN area! Maye see you there

We saw the bottoms on several times on the Island. They were discreetly asked to remove the bottoms. Some did and ended up staying, some did not and left right away and some did, but then put them back on and left. One day with new bartender, he had a couple come from the other side of the island to get in the pool. The guy had on his swim trunks, she had on her bottoms. He had to tell them they had to take off the bottoms or leave. They left. If she wants to go topless, she can do that on the pier. I know it gets it reported that people get yelled at, so just to be clear, at no time did anyone yell at someone for keeping their bottoms on. It was handled very professionally.
    Vicky

On 3 occasions at CTI I have seen either the bartender or the staff act quickly asking the offenders to remove their clothes or leave. They all complied.
    CTI - 07, 10, 13, 15, 16, 18, 21

Last April at CTI, a young couple came out to the island. They found a couple loungers on the far side of the tower, took their time to "settle in", and eventually came to the pool. The girl was completely nude, but the guy had his swim trunks on. My wife (fiance at the time) saw them and immediately said, "no no no.... you have to lose the shorts dude!" He kind of gave her a condescending look and said, "Hey, there's no rules out here."

Soon other guests chimed in, some encouraging to give it a try, others informing him that there ARE rules on the island. Even his girl was asking him what the big deal was. He still just waved people off and went up to the bar to order a drink. That's when the bartender, in a serious tone, told him to lose the swimsuit or leave. He and his girl whispered to each other for a bit, then they went back to their loungers, got dressed, and headed back to the dock. You should have seen the glare his girl was giving him. She was so pissed!

Is there a place at CSS for topless? Last time we were there, it was all off or textile. Still the case?

The main beach allows topless.....
    Gene and Jeanne
    CSS October 2012, 2013, 2014, 2016, 2017
    CSS/CTI October 2018

Yes, that is still the case, though the textile beach is topless.

Quote Originally Posted by Sunluver View Post
    Is there a place at CSS for topless? Last time we were there, it was all off or textile. Still the case?
    Checking the FAQ page on the main Couples website. Topless sunbathing is allowed on the main beach. Check this link, Beaches section a little more than half way down the page. http://couples.com/faq

Enjoy your stay in paradise
    Jack and Kathy
    CSA 2007, 2010, and 2016. CTI 2012, 2014. CN 2016 (Trading Places only), 2018, 2020. 2023?

I've been going to CSS for years and have never seen a woman topless on the main beach. It's allowed, but I suppose most women who want to go topless (or more) simply move over to SSB.

Which brings me to my own CSS peeve: My wife and I have been going to CSS/SSB for years and are quite comfortable au natural, and quite frankly is one of the main reasons we go there. And I'm completely on board with the rules of no clothing allowed on SSB. However this year we got into a bit of an unfortunate situation with security and ultimately the GM. On our arrival day, my wife got her period and elected to keep her bottoms on at SSB due to things being...well, you know, a bit messy down there. I tried my best to respectfully argue with management that in cases like this, they should use some discretion in the rules for situations like this, and in a couple days she would be fully naked again. But they wouldn't have it, and they told her to drop 'em, or leave. So...she dropped 'em. Very embarrassing situation for all, that I think should have been handled more tactfully. What does the group think about this? Should the rules have some flexibility or is it all or nothing?

Quote Originally Posted by BillC View Post
    I've been going to CSS for years and have never seen a woman topless on the main beach. It's allowed, but I suppose most women who want to go topless (or more) simply move over to SSB.

Which brings me to my own CSS peeve: My wife and I have been going to CSS/SSB for years and are quite comfortable au natural, and quite frankly is one of the main reasons we go there. And I'm completely on board with the rules of no clothing allowed on SSB. However this year we got into a bit of an unfortunate situation with security and ultimately the GM. On our arrival day, my wife got her period and elected to keep her bottoms on at SSB due to things being...well, you know, a bit messy down there. I tried my best to respectfully argue with management that in cases like this, they should use some discretion in the rules for situations like this, and in a couple days she would be fully naked again. But they wouldn't have it, and they told her to drop 'em, or leave. So...she dropped 'em. Very embarrassing situation for all, that I think should have been handled more tactfully. What does the group think about this? Should the rules have some flexibility or is it all or nothing?
    Although I have empathy for the situation, I still believe that is is all or nothing....change the rules for one situation and then you must change the rules for other situations and then pretty soon, you have no rules. Additionally, there are many discreet alternative products like cups or sponges available. If using a product with a string, simply cut the string short.

I also find it interesting that you mention "should have been handled more tactfully". Taking your plea to the GM or having the GM called over to the beach seems like possibly you made a bigger situation out of it than you needed to or should have.
    Last edited by JEANNEW; August 24th, 2016 at 02:22 PM.
    Gene and Jeanne
    CSS/CTI October 2018

I get that it's unfortunate in your wife's case, but it should be naked for all. How are security, the GM or even other guests to know who's telling the truth and who isn't. Making an exception just opens a door. We go to SSB because of the level playing field, if that changed, we would go elsewhere.

We did see a lady topless on the raft last year at the main beach...she was certainly drawing more (likely unwanted) attention than she would have at SSB.

my wife got her period and elected to keep her bottoms on
    My wife also elects to keep her bottoms on when she has her period instead of using a cup or cutting the string. So if we're at a place that requires full nudity at the beach and/or pool, that means we don't go until she's ready.

I tried my best to respectfully argue with management that in cases like this, they should use some discretion in the rules for situations like this, and in a couple days she would be fully naked again. But they wouldn't have it, and they told her to drop 'em, or leave. So...she dropped 'em. Very embarrassing situation for all, that I think should have been handled more tactfully.
    Women have been having periods well before Couples established their au natural usage rules so it's safe to say management is aware of your situation.

What does the group think about this? Should the rules have some flexibility or is it all or nothing?
    Couples' au natural usage rules are very simple - couples only and full nudity required.

For whatever reasons, some people feel that these rules don't apply to them. If Couples allowed women on their periods to wear bottoms, then there's going to be some who are on their periods for their entire two week vacation. Instead of guests having fun and enjoying themselves, some will feel uncomfortable. There will be complaining, gossiping, debates, and petty problems for security and management to deal with. Some men will argue that they should be allowed to wear bottoms due to some personal problem; and if the full nudity rule doesn't have to be followed, then singles should be allowed too.

The last time we were their my wife got her period as well. She used the appropriate feminine product, and off to the SSB we went.

Nice to read your post as my wife and i will be 1st timers in June 2017 and are also in our mid 50's. Trying to get over the shyness jitters!

Quote Originally Posted by Russell View Post
    Nice to read your post as my wife and i will be 1st timers in June 2017 and are also in our mid 50's. Trying to get over the shyness jitters!
    Hi Russell, just take deep breaths and try it. CSS/SSB is our resort/beach of choice. If you are going there, there is plenty of room to start off away from any other couples...you may be surprised at how easily you will feel comfortable. Everyone there is very respectful and welcoming....there is nothing better than being in the pool, ocean or laying in the sun with no wet suit clinging to you! It is definitely NOT a sexually charged atmosphere, just a group of people who enjoy being naked and having fun.

In keeping with the theme of this thread, we just returned and had 3 days where different women and one man tried to wear their bottoms. Security was discrete and efficient at resolving each situation very quickly. You are going to love Couples!
    Gene and Jeanne
    CSS/CTI October 2018

You will see that the shyness jitters will be gone almost instantly. Sit back, meet new friends and have a drink. It all be irie mon!!!

Your jitters will be gone almost instantly. Sit back, enjoy and relax. You will meet many new friends. All be Irie mon!

The biggest shock you'll likely have is nobody notices you...NOBODY!! Once you figure this out for yourself drop by the pool and say hi.

Quote Originally Posted by Gatekeeper View Post
    The biggest shock you'll likely have is nobody notices you...NOBODY!! Once you figure this out for yourself drop by the pool and say hi.
    Well said Gatekeeper. Your very first time your heart may be pounding and you feel that whoosh in your ears. You close you eyes and drop your clothes...open your eyes to find that the world has continued to spin and not one person is looking at you! Sometimes it is a little anti climactic...much ado about nothing, LOL!
    Just go and try, you may be very surprised. If it is not for you, no worries!!, but at least you ticked another box on the bucket list.
    Gene and Jeanne
    CSS/CTI October 2018

Quote Originally Posted by JEANNEW View Post
    "...In keeping with the theme of this thread, we just returned and had 3 days where different women and one man tried to wear their bottoms. Security was discrete and efficient at resolving each situation very quickly. You are going to love Couples!
    Jeannew:

How was each of those situations resolved?

Did they all take their bottoms off; or, did they leave the a/n area?

Did they all

Quote Originally Posted by clydealp View Post
    Jeannew:

How was each of those situations resolved?

Did they all take their bottoms off; or, did they leave the a/n area?

Did they all
    In each instance, the couples were down on the beach and security just took a stroll towards them and then had a chat. One couple (man with his suit on) chose to leave. The others (women) took them off.
    Gene and Jeanne
    CSS/CTI October 2018

Quote Originally Posted by jamaican_junkie View Post
    Last April at CTI, a young couple came out to the island. They found a couple loungers on the far side of the tower, took their time to "settle in", and eventually came to the pool. The girl was completely nude, but the guy had his swim trunks on. My wife (fiance at the time) saw them and immediately said, "no no no.... you have to lose the shorts dude!" He kind of gave her a condescending look and said, "Hey, there's no rules out here."

Soon other guests chimed in, some encouraging to give it a try, others informing him that there ARE rules on the island. Even his girl was asking him what the big deal was. He still just waved people off and went up to the bar to order a drink. That's when the bartender, in a serious tone, told him to lose the swimsuit or leave. He and his girl whispered to each other for a bit, then they went back to their loungers, got dressed, and headed back to the dock. You should have seen the glare his girl was giving him. She was so pissed!
    OMG ... I so remember that !!!! The less he took you fiance seriously the more she got pissed !!!! it was hilarious !!! poor dude ... I am sure he didn't get any that night ... his lady was not a happy camper !!!

Thanks for that awesome memory !

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2