Default CSA- Garden Veranda Suite- Feedback from CSA vets?

So.... our getaway set up by a travel agent included a garden veranda suite and we are looking to hear from CSA veterans if its worth it to upgrade to an ocean view or even more of an upgrade.
    We dont want to break the bank but DO want a relaxing vacation with minimal noise in our room...
    Thoughts? suggestions?
    thanks for your advice in advance. We will be there June 8-13

Quote Originally Posted by Imdana View Post
    So.... our getaway set up by a travel agent included a garden veranda suite and we are looking to hear from CSA veterans if its worth it to upgrade to an ocean view or even more of an upgrade.
    We dont want to break the bank but DO want a relaxing vacation with minimal noise in our room...
    Thoughts? suggestions?
    thanks for your advice in advance. We will be there June 8-13
    If you are referring to choice between Ocean Verandah room and Garden Verandah room- if money is no concern then by all means go with Ocean Verandah- if money again is no concern, then by all means go with Beachfront Verandah. Beachfront Verandah is by far my wife's & I favorite room type but again if we elected to book that room type-(since we are on a vacation budget) we have been staying in Garden Verandah suite for the last 4x since it translates to an extra 2 days for us. The Garden, Ocean and Beachfront Verandah suites are in the new section and all rooms in each category have exactly same room types and layout just matter of location. GVS-(garden) rows of buildings closest to street yes, OVS-(ocean)next set of rows of buildings in front of GVD's-(ocean might have a view of beach & ocean AND please note.. it might NOT-depends where you are. BVS-(beachfront next row in front of OVS). Some folks are really sensitive to road noise regarding GVS but we have not experienced any of that or were bothered by road noise when trying to sleep.

No guarantee of an ocean view with an ocean veranda. You are just a little closer to the beach and a little farther from the road. Road noise is very minimal in our experience but may bother others. Sleep with your bathroom window closed and your ac on and shouldn't be a problem. We have stayed in the gvs 4 times and will again in October. Have a great trip
    Last edited by softail19; May 3rd, 2016 at 06:35 AM.

We have also stayed three times in the Garden rooms - old section as I love the huge verandah - and have not been bothered by any road noise - the tree frogs drown it out!

We usually stay in atriums but one year booked late and stayed in gardens. We were by the koi pond.
    Had no issue with room or noise. My husband enjoyed it because there was the TV which we never have in the atriums.

We always stay in an OVS and think it's well worth the upgrade because it's more centrally located and quiet. We always request a third floor room and have always received it. I think most people prefer not to climb the stairs but the top floor gives you the most privacy and a better view. IMO, while the beachfront rooms might have the best view of the ocean, the main walkway through the resort is right in front of those buildings and people are always walking by. So there is no privacy on the bottom floor and you hear much more noise even on the upper floors.
    Last edited by lvmcgill; May 6th, 2016 at 02:41 PM.

If I had a choice between a garden or a beachfront, definitely beachfront but that's not an option for us
    Last edited by softail19; May 8th, 2016 at 04:44 PM.

We have been two times to CSA, once we stayed BFVS and the second time GVS. We really enjoyed being beachfront, sleeping with the door open and hearing the waves right outside our door. But our second time back we were on a different budget and we chose GVS and were VERY happy. We loved having a TV in our room, which we didn't have on our previous visit. We had lots of privacy and the room was perfect. We head back for our third trip in September and having splurged for the BFVS again, because we see they have added a TV to these rooms. We plan to request 2nd floor though, because we prefer not to have people walking right outside our room. Either way, who cares....you're in paradise!

We stayed once in the GVS at the very back, on the top floor, so basically the max road noise possible. Still was barely noticeable (wife is a "Seal the room to keep out any possible opening for ants!" person so we don't get much, if any, night noise since the windows are all closed). I think it helps that there are very few, if any, large SUVs, trucks, or Harleys in Jamaica, at least in Negril. So the road noise is pretty minimal already, even more so at night.

We stayed a CSA last year in an atrium suite they are beautiful and spacious for just a few dollars more! Well worth the extra money. As for an ocean view. If it's not a beachfront room I don't see much sense since there is so much foliage around you may only get a sliver of a view.... we booked another atrium room for this year! Have fun 💗

Even with beachfront, there are no guarantee of an ocean view because of palms or other foliage. For that reason, we stay in the gardens because why pay for beachfront when you can't see the ocean.

Been to CSA 3 times GVS, Atrium, GVS. Never any issue with noise. Given the finances rather stay in GVS and have that extra day. Never in the room that much anyway.

If it's your first time, the garden verandah's are just fine. You can scout out the other room locations for yourself, and decide if you think it's worth the money next time. There will be a next time.
    We've stayed in GVS, Atrium, BFS, and PBFS. I'd say 80% of the time it's atrium now. It suits us fine, and it's the category we can comfortably afford for the 8 days we want to stay.