Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Default New Romance Program

We are all talking on the Facebook pages but no one has talk on here yet, so let's start here too.
    Love the new addeds but have one problem, no one will be able to get to the highest level. We are all hard working people a lot of us have to save up to be able to come to Couples. We have familys and may only be able to get away once a year as a couple. To get to the highest level we all would have to come for 14 days to get there.
    With the points being lost every 4 years that will be hard to do. Please Couples look into maybe changing the amount of time the the rewards expire. Maybe do it if you do not come after like two years. Give the people that come back year after year more credit. Just please think about it Couples. Please

For those of us not on Facebook, can someone spell out the new program please? The Rewards section of the Couples website (certainly the UK version) has not been updated yet,

With the very greatest of respect, I'd like to say we do come for 14 or 21 days most years. Therefore we spend 2,3,4 or 5 times more a year than a couple who only come for a 4 days or a week every year. It doesn't seem unreasonable to me that this loyalty as measured by spend is rewarded by being at a higher level.

I guess the company could choose to measure loyalty by recency of visits or frequency of visits or number of visits or spend (expressed as nights stayed). Given they are actually a business and not a charity, I can see why they choose a combination of spend and recency. Can't you?

Ruth

Ps I also work hard, I also save up and I also have 2 kids at college.

100% with you on that Long Island. Been one of my pet peeves on their repeater reward program since they changed to per night system. I would hope Couples realizes they ARE a honeymoon, romantic destination and "THINGS" do in fact happen. I would suspect on occasion -(i.e pregnancies, immaculate conceptions-LOL) may occur -just one example that perhaps prevents one may not make it back to back to back to back years to build up nights. This was the case with us and we just could not get away for vacation with a newborn for a years after our 2nd vacation we had at Couples were we felt comfortable enough leaving or being away from our baby for a week or so.

By now, we could be well into what used to be their highest category but simply... "LIFE" happens and missing a few years between visits AND having nights taken away after 4 yrs, got downgraded to a lower repeater category and currently at a spot if we don't go year after year, same thing will happen and we will get downgraded. I know, I know for those who are luckily enough to go year after year this does not affect you and those saying I am griping about "Free Stuff"... what I have heard though however is the other resort chain- shall I say... "S" resort never takes stays or points away and if you are a loyal repeater you can take full advantage of ALL your past stays and not just your stays from the last 4 years.

I applaud or should I say... I am so "jealous" of those lucky enough to be in their new "Endless Love" category-(50 nights in the last 4 years- WOW! would any of you in this category be interested in adopting a mature adult - no college fund, room or board necessary- just take us on vacation with ya every now & then- haha) I would just like Couples to reconsider their policy of removing nights after 4 yrs and if they can NOT do away with that totally, just consider possibly expanding the 4 yrs to a more extra years before taking nights away. Please! pretty please with a cherry on top!

I should add that I got an email about this on Saturday but when I clicked on the link it sent me to the couples.co.uk site which just has the old RR program. Perhaps the couples.com site has been updated but we in the UK cannot access it any more.

What does advance reservations at restaurants & excursions mean?
    Captain Jim
    "I will grow old....
    But I won't grow up"

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Jim View Post
    Previously, you had to wait until you arrived to book at the restaurants on the resorts that take reservations. I'm assuming that you can now do it before you arrive, which is nice. I thought you could already book excursions prior to arrival, but when we were as CSA in 2014, we booked our own off-site excursions so I'm not too sure about that.

CSA 2014
    CTI 2017

"One good thing about music, when it hits you feel no pain" ~Bob Marley

Quote Originally Posted by welovecouplesresorts View Post
    i would just like couples to reconsider their policy of removing nights after 4 yrs and if they can not do away with that totally, just consider possibly expanding the 4 yrs to a more extra years before taking nights away. Please! Pretty please with a cherry on top!
    agreed!!!

CSA 2014
    CTI 2017

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Jim View Post
    Looks like added items to those particular repeater categories BUT seems more like just "Eye Candy" if you ask me. Have you really NOT been able make a reservation at restaurant you wanted to eat at or take an excursions at some point on any of your returns back to Couples? Sure some of you will say this will guaranty the night you want to go- really? So what if you do pre-check in as it says you are Required to do and you elect to make reservations for the restaurant but it's already fully booked with other similar made reservations prior to yours and/or already booked to capacity from guests already at the resort before your arrival? I don't see guaranteed verbiage attached in those new perks if that scenario where to happen. The most would I assume you would get is "I'm sorry we are fully booked" so is it really a perk ? Again just from personal experience never having issues making reservations for where we wanted to eat.

Quote Originally Posted by welovecouplesresorts View Post
    Again just from personal experience never having issues making reservations for where we wanted to eat.
    No, we didn't either on our trip to CSA, we got in everywhere we wanted to on the nights we wanted. That being said, I still think it's a positive. Personally when I arrive at Couples, I already know exactly what nights I want to eat where (I'm a neurotic planner) so being given the option to take care of that prior to arrival takes the need to run over and make reservations after check-in off my plate (no pun intended). There are no guarantees with anything in life really. I guess we will just have to see how it works out!

CSA 2014
    CTI 2017

And, the complaining begins... "eye candy"... "points lost every four years"...
    As I have said before and been admonished for ... I don't return home because of the rewards. They are a lovely perq, and I will be grateful for any reward I get, but even if I received nothing, I would still return because I love the Vibe, Staff, and atmosphere.

As far as being able to reserve restaurant ahead of time...Can that be done months in advance? I know pre checkin has a minimum time frame for when you do it..but is there a maximum? I usually wait and do it 2 weeks before our trip but since restaurants will be getting prebooked I"m guessing the sooner the better. We aren't going until August... should/could check in happen now?

Artie, no one is saying that these are the reason YOU return. What is important to some may not be important to others. I would hope you can see and understand that.
    To each their own. I would imagine that everyone else loves the staff too, and many other things. This is about one aspect of the vacation experience at Couples. If it is not one that interests you then you could skip the discussion entirely. People have different opinions on what they would like to see from the Rewards program. There is no reason they should line up with yours.

Back to the topic... The Advanced Reservations are not a perk I need, but I don't mind it being added. I am perfectly happy with the program as it has existed for the past few years and I get a lot of value out of the resort credit that I earn. I don't want to see the Resort Credit changed for any of the other options I have seen. But that's just my view of it.
    Roy
    Last edited by rhallva; May 3rd, 2016 at 05:56 PM.

I'm wondering if a percentage of bookings will be advanced reservations and the rest as it is now.
    Many first time visitors just book and don't get this info. Also we have met many repeaters who aren't on the message board
    or any other social media related to Couples yet go every year.
    Personally I don't want to be on a specific schedule for dinner before I even get there.
    The new rewards are fine and we are grateful for what comes our way.

Hurrah! The Couples UK website has now been updated!

Quote Originally Posted by Artie View Post
    As I have said before and been admonished for ... I don't return home because of the rewards. They are a lovely perq, and I will be grateful for any reward I get, but even if I received nothing, I would still return because I love the Vibe, Staff, and atmosphere.
    BTW Artie- can you let me know when you plan on returning to Couples so I can make same vacations plans as yours? You return regardless if you received nothing.... please then pass on those reward perks to me. After all, that is the ONLY reason I return to Jamaica/Couples. Thank you your wisdom & enlightenment.... I will be sure keep my all my comments & "complaining" next time to myself since I know now I should only post comments that are line and agreeable with yours.

Well said, Artie. Thank you.

I am not sure how I feel about being able to pre book dinners. While it sounds nice if you are celebrating a special day and know that you want to eat at a specific place at a specific time wonderful, nothing left to chance. However I love how everyone had the same opportunity to book for dinner,not till you have a room number, one reservation at a time and only 3 days in advance. I feel like that gave everyone a chance. now I am wondering if we don't make reservations in advance will we get one. how early will we have to start making our reservations, I'm not going for 445 days but I know on 08/02/17 we want to eat at lemongrass, is it to early...

Quote Originally Posted by brennie View Post
    I'm wondering if a percentage of bookings will be advanced reservations and the rest as it is now.
    Many first time visitors just book and don't get this info. Also we have met many repeaters who aren't on the message board
    or any other social media related to Couples yet go every year.
    Personally I don't want to be on a specific schedule for dinner before I even get there.
    The new rewards are fine and we are grateful for what comes our way.
    If you are a first time guest, you will not qualify for the advanced booking anyway. Regardless of whether or not you are on the boards, if you are signed up for romance rewards you will know about the perks when you do your pre check-in.

CSA 2014
    CTI 2017

I tend to be more on Artie's side on this issue. People these are just a "perk" for being a repeater. Do I wish the "perk" was more or there were more options, yes as we all like something more than we pay for. To be honest, I'll be happy with whatever couples offers as the main "perk" i like is the resort credit. (The Appleton Rum is a nice addition, however.) We travel to other areas and receive NOTHING for being a repeat guest. Guess Couples has spoiled us all.
    Last edited by kurt and Angie; May 3rd, 2016 at 03:34 PM. Reason: correct typo

Quote Originally Posted by redinthehead View Post
    I am not sure how I feel about being able to pre book dinners. While it sounds nice if you are celebrating a special day and know that you want to eat at a specific place at a specific time wonderful, nothing left to chance. However I love how everyone had the same opportunity to book for dinner,not till you have a room number, one reservation at a time and only 3 days in advance. I feel like that gave everyone a chance. now I am wondering if we don't make reservations in advance will we get one. how early will we have to start making our reservations, I'm not going for 445 days but I know on 08/02/17 we want to eat at lemongrass, is it to early...
    While we did have to wait to get our room number, we were never restricted to how many days out we could book. We stayed 11 nights last time, and booked all our dinners the first day.

While we did have to wait to get our room number, we were never restricted to how many days out we could book. We stayed 11 nights last time, and booked all our dinners the first day.
    We just returned from CTI, and they would not let us book a specific restaurant a 2nd time until after we went to the 1st reservation.

And I do agree with how Couples handles the perks for repeaters. Whether we like it or not, it is just common sense that the people that go every year should get more perks than the people that go every 4 years. That IS life. However, I am a little apprehensive with the advanced reservation rewards. Everyone pays for the privilege of eating there and should have the ability to try all the restaurants. Plugging spots with advanced reservations could lead to problems. I would just hope that Couples will prohibit abuse of this perk.

I was really wishing for the ability to earn a free night after so many nights. Couples? Knock-knock.

Since the new Rewards program does not go into affect till May 15 I assume we will not know exactly how the restaurant and excursion reservations will be handled and how it will effect us all till it actually goes live and begins to function in the real world. I am sure there will be bugs, but I am curious to see how this shakes out and how well it will be accepted once we all get a feel for it. For now it appears that all we have is the brief descriptions on the Rewards page of the web site and the email that Couples sent out to those of us on their mailing list.
    My wife and I will be at CSA on June 7, so I look forward to being one of the early participants in the new program, we are at the Passionate level for this trip. While we do not return specifically for the Rewards program, nor do I even consider it a prime motivator for us, we do surely appreciate the 'freebees' that Couples offers us for a trip that we would probably make anyway. I agree with the opinion that the top level, 49 nights stayed, will be a pretty exclusive club to join, an average of 12+ nights a year for four years is probably a bit out of our reach.

It's all good. I can't wait to get to CSA!
    See you at the beach!
    dirtleg & sandyfoot

Quote Originally Posted by jamaican_junkie View Post
    We just returned from CTI, and they would not let us book a specific restaurant a 2nd time until after we went to the 1st reservation.

And I do agree with how Couples handles the perks for repeaters. Whether we like it or not, it is just common sense that the people that go every year should get more perks than the people that go every 4 years. That IS life. However, I am a little apprehensive with the advanced reservation rewards. Everyone pays for the privilege of eating there and should have the ability to try all the restaurants. Plugging spots with advanced reservations could lead to problems. I would just hope that Couples will prohibit abuse of this perk.

I was really wishing for the ability to earn a free night after so many nights. Couples? Knock-knock.

^^^what jamaican_junkie said ^^^^^^

Quote Originally Posted by jamaican_junkie View Post

Interesting. I wonder if the rules differ between CSS and CTI. CSS was at 100% capacity when we were there, so it is not like they allowed us to book all dinners because they were slow.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast