Thread: Zika virus

Hybrid View

Default Zika virus

My wife and I are traveling to CSS in late May. We are concerned about the Zika virus, since we are young and want kids someday. Obviously you cannot prevent all mosquitoes on the resort, but I was just wondering if couples is taking any extra steps to minimize them? Thanks for any feedback

Blog Entries

Hi folker83,

The virus is mosquito-born and we certainly understand the concern for consumers traveling abroad. Fortunately, there has only been one documented case in Jamaica – a local child that had actually traveled to Texas.

We have stepped up our mosquito abatement programs that include additional staff training, complimentary insect repellant and daily inspections of the resort grounds by trained professionals.

Hope that helps, and we look forward to welcoming you soon.
    Carrie
    Carrie
    CRO, Couples Resorts

Quote Originally Posted by Chief Romance Officer View Post
    Hi folker83,

The virus is mosquito-born and we certainly understand the concern for consumers traveling abroad. Fortunately, there has only been one documented case in Jamaica a local child that had actually traveled to Texas.

We have stepped up our mosquito abatement programs that include additional staff training, complimentary insect repellant and daily inspections of the resort grounds by trained professionals.

Hope that helps, and we look forward to welcoming you soon.
    Carrie
    Carrie, I was wondering if you could provide an update regarding the mosquito control at the resorts. Thank you.