Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Wow!! My hubby is a vegetarian, fire roasted pizza's & pasta's would be heaven for him. Fingers crossed they don't change Patois into a buffet. This is our 1st time and I did all the planning based on all the great reviews. Thanks for your input.

I'm wondering this this kitchen reno project is started since I have not heard much about it. Can anyone verify that the Palms is in fact closed?

Digital- according to some posts on the fan page several guests that are there now received letters confirming that The Palms is closed starting today. According to the letters that were sent out, Lemongrass is offering an a la carte menu for breakfast and for lunch and Patois will be offering the old Palms buffet/menu. Seagrapes will also be open for dinner. Unfortunately, it also goes on to state that Seagrapes and Feathers are closed on Mondays and Seagrapes and Lemongrass are closed on Fridays. Hopefully someone can confirm if the repeaters dinner will be moved to Feathers on Mondays. If not, the way I read it the only other option for dinner on Monday is Lemongrass. If that is the case I hope they add tables and tons of reservation times.

PlayaKel - Thanks for the reply. I don't do Facebook so this is my only source. We arrive at the end of July (our 1st visit) for 9 days and I'm hoping that I have not made the wrong vacation choice.

I'm curious to hear feedback as information from other guests becomes available. Please share if you can! Heading back on October 5th... Can't wait!!!

I was somewhat incorrect in my information above. Lemongrass will only be open for breakfast and serving the a la carte breakfast menu previously found at Patois. It will NOT be open for lunch. The regular (and amazing) a la carte Patois lunch menu will unfortunately not be available during this project, at last not as of now. So your choices for lunch are buffet at Patois, Grill or Seagrapes. If you're like us and enjoy a nice a la carte lunch out of the rain then you're out of luck. The Palms is now back open for dinner with some salad/soup/pasta offerings in the Palms then a menu for entrees (cooked at Seagrapes). Hope that helps.

Default beach party

will they still have the beach party during the renovations?

any new news? honestly if we were not traveling with friends who have been dying to come with us, we would have rescheduled. We have never cared for the Palms and Patios menu is our favorite for breakfast, lunch and dinner. Is seagrapes still making the fish tacos and sandwiches ? is patios serving any of the items featured on their menu for dinner ?

An update from management or anyone who has been to CSA this past week would be greatly appreciated. I booked my 4th trip, and 20 year anniversary trip back in March. There was no mention of this extensvie renovation project then. I am very disappointed and anxious about our trip in 6 weeks as we have invited other couples to join us. Thats quite an investment for CSA not to be up to its usual standards.

No new updates except it looks like they've closed Lemongrass on Tuesday's now as well, so if you've pre-made reservations for a Tuesday you may want to contact them. That was from a letter posted on the FB fan page last week. Seagrapes and The Grill are both open as normal and serving the same items. A Couples employee did say that we could get the pizza's at Patois during dinner. I'm hoping they can make the shrimp pizza for me then as that was never on the dinner menu. I still don't understand why Patois can't alternate between buffets and a la cartes for lunch. The good news is that the resort is at much lower capacity so all reports on-site are better than expected. I'm still going to try to get our favorite Patois lunch pasta at some point...we've never had anything like it and were most looking forward to that single dish.

Seagrapes is still doing those amazing fish tacos and sweet potato chips! Can't wait...5 weeks.

We just got home from CSA last Saturday. I'd be happy to answer any questions for you

Sounds like the "impact" on dining is not all that noticeable?
    Is that correct?

Do you recall if there are iron IN the room? Or do you call the desk?

Quote Originally Posted by nikolairapunzel View Post
    We just got home from CSA last Saturday. I'd be happy to answer any questions for you
    Hope your trip was wonderful! Was this your first trip?

We're arriving on oct 5 for our 4th trip and I've been worried about the renovations. Albany feedback would be appreciated!

mootisher- really have nothing to worry about with renovations.. I overthought how things prior to our trip with the renovations but it actually worked out better for us and access and reservations to everywhere were a lot easier to make and for the times we wanted-(on past trips, we for the most part always were able to make reservations where we wanted BUT perhaps the time we desired was not always available but this past trip when the renovations started, we had no issues for both where and time we wanted) This can be due also since part of the original section of CSA is being renovated so resort capacity might be lower than your past stays. I also stated in another thread, even got lucky and scored a palapa everyday we were at the beach

Quote Originally Posted by nikolairapunzel View Post
    How noticeable was the renovations project? Is there any activity at The Palms? Any idea of a completion date? Did you experience difficulty making dinner reservations or long wait times at the restaraunts? I think previous posts had mentioned a lower capacity at the resort, did you feel that way? I know that's lots of questions, just anxious as we have invited two other couples who have never been to CSA and I don't want them to be disappointed. 25 days and counting. This is our fourth trip to CSA and we have always had an amazing experience. We will be celebrating our 20th anniversary in the place we got married.

Any update on this project? We are arriving 12/9 and I'm curious if this work is still on tract to be completed before then.

I heard the renovation of The Palms is completed - can anyone confirm?

We are arriving at CSA 21st Nov, this will be our first stay and we are celebrating our 25th Wedding Anniversary, we have received an email from our travel agent informing us of 29 room renovations taking place and I have also read about the kitchen renovations. can you give me any information on how this will effect our stay. This is a special holiday and I don't want anything to spoil it for us. Thank you.

Mandy N,
    We just returned from our stay Oct. 18-27th. We did not feel inconvenienced in any way regarding the restaurants/renovations. And yes, a large group of the older rooms were fenced off from reception to the beach and over to the PALMS. However, they were close to completion and noise was very minimal. We were not bothered by it at all.

There was no wait time at any of the restaurants and we were able to get reservations at our preferred times easily. The resort was not at full capacity because of the reno to the rooms. But with a few minor changes, it was business as usual (this was our 10th trip to Couples).
    Breakfast - Patois breakfast buffet with the same omelet/pancake/waffle stations etc. Lemongrass was a lovely alternative for breakfast. The Patois a la carte breakfast menu is served there. A beautiful and serene place to start the day.
    Lunch options : Cabana Grill, Seagrapes and Patois served buffet, but also had Patois pizzas and fresh fish selections each day. Large Salad bar. We are not buffet fans, but I must say, we enjoyed the diverse food there and found ourselves there a few times.
    Dinner: Patois served it's usual a la carte menu, LemonGrass and Feathers remained unchanged and the Palms was open every night. Large Salad Bar, Pasta Station and A la Carte dinner menu. Entertainment went on as usual each night at the Palms.
    No worries - go and enjoy your stay. Congratulations on your 25th Anniversary.

Does anyone have an update on this project as well as the Atrium Suite renovations? We are scheduled to arrive 3 weeks from today and will be staying in an Atrium. How far are they away from completing this work? Will all restaurants be back on their normal meal schedules?

No update?

Quote Originally Posted by muck View Post
    No update?
    Michelle Gordon should be replying to you and bringing you up to date

Blog Entries

Hi Muck,

Apologies for my tardiness...Both Atrium suites and the Palms restaurant should be ready by the time you get here. We anticipate being fully operational by early December.

Looking forward to having you with us and feel free to reach out me directly at jasm@couples.com
    Michelle Gordon
    ------------------
    On-Island Social Media Coordinator
    Couples Resorts

Quote Originally Posted by MichelleG 'Island Girl' View Post
    Hi Muck,

Apologies for my tardiness...Both Atrium suites and the Palms restaurant should be ready by the time you get here. We anticipate being fully operational by early December.

Looking forward to having you with us and feel free to reach out me directly at jasm@couples.com

No worries. Thanks MichelleG! Looking forward to our visit!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast