Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Blog Entries

Default Couples Swept Away Kitchen renovation project...

Please see below note from Management...

We will be refurbishing and replacing major equipment in the main kitchen so will be unable to use the PALMS for Breakfast/Lunch and Dinner.

The menus for Breakfast and Lunch will be used at PATIOS PATIO ( may be buffet or al a carte depending on occupancy).

The Asian Restaurant (above the Palms) will be open for dinner and we are considering offering Breakfast and Lunch also in this area.

Entertainment and Bar will remain operational as usual in the PALMS at night.

SEA GRAPES will open at night and serve the menu that is offered at the Palms at night.

(The above is subject to change depending on occupancy and weather conditions).

See you soon
    Michelle Gordon
    ------------------
    On-Island Social Media Coordinator
    Couples Resorts

Thank you!

Thanks Michelle for the official info. Not ideal but I feel a bit better about my upcoming trip. Just hope they up staff and number of reservations at Feathers and Lemongrass.

Default Couples Swept Away Kitchen renovation project...Dates?

What are the dates of this renovation? How long is the Palms going to be closed?

Do you mean the Patois restaurant?? Could you be so kind as to include the actual dates that the Palms kitchen and dining room will be unavailable to your guests?
    During our past 2, of 25 visits, the Palms was so booked/crowded, that there was a 45 min. wait time for dinner. How do you propose to close this facility and accommodate all your guests....opening Seagrapes just won't cut it.
    Give me a reason not to cancel my 26th visit in Nov./Dec.

Dates would be helpful.

Is this effective immediately? We're excited to cobalt be headed back in two weeks, hoping this goes smoothly and there is enough capacity among the other options to handle the overflow. Cheers!

What are the dates??

We will be at CSA in a week - our first visit to any Couples resort. This announcement is not sitting well with us.

July 11- December 12 ��

Quote Originally Posted by MichelleG 'Island Girl' View Post
    Please see below note from Management...
    See you soon
    So where is the note from management to be found? I don't think this project will affect us, but it would be nice to know just what is going on at our "home". Not complaining, just curious. Seems that rumors and hearsay are not best ways to inform those with reservations coming up this year.

Just sayin'.
    See you at the beach!
    dirtleg & sandyfoot

Must be "top secret"....... We figure it will affect us as we will be there in September (3rd-10th).

My bad.
    From looking in other threads, and applying some common sense on my part, I see that the "note from management" is in the original post above. Some quotation or other method of separation punctuation would have been helpful.
    Thanks for the info. We will follow this subject for additional updates as they become available.
    See you at the beach!
    dirtleg & sandyfoot

Is July 11-Dec 12 the official dates? My husband and I are planning a very special trip for us and would have chosen Couples Negril if we knew one of the main places at CSA was going to be closed. If those are the official dates, then this will only affect us on our last day, which isn't so bad.

I have read before that in the past when they renovated one of the restaurants they also adjusted occupancy. Is this correct? Would occupancy be less during this time or would we run the risk of having full occupancy with one less restaurant option?

Blog Entries

Hello Again all,

The dates we currently have are July 11 - December 12, and that it is typically the time of year when our occupancies are lower so we do not anticipate any challenges whatsoever. Please note these are just tentative dates as project may or may not last for period we have projected.
    Michelle Gordon
    ------------------
    On-Island Social Media Coordinator
    Couples Resorts

Can anyone give an idea of the likely effect of the renovation. We were at CSS last year during the period of a major renovation project. Whilst it did not spoil our vacation, in certain areas of the resort, there was quite a bit of noise during the day. If it is just a case of there being one less restaurant to use, I can live with that. However, I am not sure I want to spend another couple of weeks trying to avoid a building site. We arrive the day that this project is due to start. If there is any likelihood of disturbance we will go elsewhere.

Since it appears to be primarily a kitchen equipment upgrade I would expect that the disturbance to guests will be little to none. Unless you walk into the Palms while work is ongoing you most likely will not even notice. The Palms underwent a "remodel" a few years ago that included repainting and replacing some tile and finishes. I would guess they will take the opportunity to again do some sprucing up in and around the building, but I expect this will most likely only involve some paint and minor carpentry work. We were at CSA while the construction of the newer section buildings, including the Great House and pool, were under construction. The disturbance for that much larger project was minimal at worst. I wouldn't change my vacation plans for this project, but do what you think will be best for you. In any event, have a great trip!
    See you at the beach!
    dirtleg & sandyfoot

Wow, 6 months to replace kitchen equipment?? seems like a long time to keep an important restaurant closed.

Default Proposed reno

We have been to Swept Away many times in late November / early December and occupancy is always very high. Many repeaters return at this time every year. (American Thanksgiving / Reggae marathon etc.) The Palms is always very busy every night. I suspect that is why they went to an all buffet style last year. All the other restaurants are always busy too. I cannot begin to imagine how Sea Grapes and possibly the Cabana Grill could begin to accommodate the volume of guests for dinner. Absolutely no ambience at night and what about rain? We are going to request a reservation change to Couples Negril unless the proposed plans become more realistic and palatable. The only way that I could imagine it working is if the guest volume is cut significantly, and that is unlikely. I am very disappointed in management's handling of the plan so far. Information is very vague. I don't plan to spend almost $500 per day to eat my dinner on the pool deck, or on the sand, or wait in line for ages.

I too am holding reservations for the beginning of October. My final payment is due in August, but I've already booked air. I'm waiting until some reports start coming in from onsite in July to see how this is being handled and how it is affecting guests. Depending on what I hear, I may utilize my cancellation insurance and drop my reservation.

We will be on our 6th visit during this time. Every trip has been on their anniversary weekend in october when they are very full. We were there when they renovated last time too. We did not experience any issues whatsoever due to the renovation. As the resort works extremely hard to ensure everyone has an excellent stay, i again foresee no issues due to the kitchen renovation. We cant wait to get back home.

Not sure if anyone has the answer to this but my husband and I were just curious and can't figure out by the memo wording...does anyone know if Patois Patio will still offer some of their normal menu items for breakfast and lunch? We fell in love with the food at Patois a few weeks ago. We don't care about The Palms being closed or longer wait times, we're just hoping we can still get some of our favorite Patois stuff like the banana stuffed French toast and amazing pizzas. Hopefully any Palms menu items offered at Patois will be in addition to the existing Patois food.

Did you ever get your answer to this? We will be 1st timers to CSA Aug 15-21st. From what folks posted about The Palms, we were looking forward to it. I know its "low time" and renovations are great but it would nice to know what the alternate accommodations will be. Thanks for any input.
    Quote Originally Posted by PlayaKel View Post
    Not sure if anyone has the answer to this but my husband and I were just curious and can't figure out by the memo wording...does anyone know if Patois Patio will still offer some of their normal menu items for breakfast and lunch? We fell in love with the food at Patois a few weeks ago. We don't care about The Palms being closed or longer wait times, we're just hoping we can still get some of our favorite Patois stuff like the banana stuffed French toast and amazing pizzas. Hopefully any Palms menu items offered at Patois will be in addition to the existing Patois food.

No Danesgirl22- no answer as of yet. They've outlined several options (above and on the FB fan page) so it sounds like there will still be plenty of food...we're just really hoping that the arrangements mentioned above doesn't mean the Patois Patio menu will be completely gone. We liked The Palms the least out of all of the dining options...as buffets just aren't what we want on a tropical vacation.

We paid even more per night for our September trip than we did our May trip so I would be disappointed if we couldn't get some of the wood fired pizzas and amazing pastas at Patois.

Quote Originally Posted by PlayaKel View Post
    No Danesgirl22- no answer as of yet. They've outlined several options (above and on the FB fan page) so it sounds like there will still be plenty of food...we're just really hoping that the arrangements mentioned above doesn't mean the Patois Patio menu will be completely gone. We liked The Palms the least out of all of the dining options...as buffets just aren't what we want on a tropical vacation.

We paid even more per night for our September trip than we did our May trip so I would be disappointed if we couldn't get some of the wood fired pizzas and amazing pastas at Patois.
    What's the link to the facebook fan page, I've seen it mentioned a bunch of times but can't find it when I do a google search

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast