Thread: AU section

Default AU section

Lots of great comments Thx. For those who like to use the AU section... Which resort is your fav? We have done CN and loved it. Thinking of doing the SS next because of more afternoon fun in the pool! Thoughts?

Funcouple40, If you check out the AN section of the boards you are more apt to get a response to your question. There is a lot of info on that section about all 3 places.
    Linda

we have been to all three AN's.. if I had to rate them it is 1)CSS, 2) CTI 3) CN.

CN is in third only because it is part of the main beach and at least when we were there several years ago, there were a block of rooms that could look down on the AN area

Beach at CN is by far the best I hear, so I'll stay with CN.

Css is way more private. We walked right by the cn au beach area which I didn't really want to do ��

Quote Originally Posted by El Duderino View Post
    Beach at CN is by far the best I hear, so I'll stay with CN.
    The beach itself is by far the best (the actual physical sand and water). But CSS has the best AN facilities/activities. That is one thing I did not like about CN was no pool no grill no activities. But I do absolutely love floating in that ocean!!!

I like the pool at CSS but I didn't like the river emptying into the sea at the beach. There were lots of fisherman and boats in and out.There is also a public beach across the river. When we visited, the water sports crew was using the Sunset Beach to take off for water skiing. I live the privacy of the island and the atmosphere. I don't like when it closes early for a wedding or if it's too windy. This has only happened twice in 9 visits.
    Vicky

Only been to CN and CTI.
    Went to CN in 2016. Hated the AN beach. Adjacent to the public beach. Also, the boats pulling the parasailers and floats pass near the AN beach to their passengers can gawk. When you go out into the water you are completely exposed to the public. We felt uncomfortable. There is a huge resort under construction adjacent to the AN beach, Royalton Negril. Expect foot traffic to increase exponentially when this resort opens in fall 2016.

Been to CTI twice. We like the island. The island is far enough away from the main resort that you feel a sense of privacy. Little boat traffic. The downside is that there isn't really a swimming area. But they have a swim up bar where people like to gather. We prefer areas away from the bar with a little privacy. Another downside is that the island can be closed for a private party or if the waves get too high. But they will keep the island open longer the following day to compensate.

We like to spend some time at the AN section, but this is not the highlight of our vacation. If the island is closed it is not a big deal to us. We can certainly find enough other things to keep us occupied.

Enjoy your stay in paradise whatever Couples you choose
    Jack and Kathy
    CSA 2007, 2010, and 2016. CTI 2012, 2014. CN 2016 (Trading Places only), 2018, 2020. 2022?

Never been anywhere else other then CSS. nice and secluded almost like your own private AU beach.
    CSS OCT 2009, 2011, 2014,2015

Quote Originally Posted by Mad Jack View Post
    Only been to CN and CTI.
    Went to CN in 2016. Hated the AN beach. Adjacent to the public beach. Also, the boats pulling the parasailers and floats pass near the AN beach to their passengers can gawk. When you go out into the water you are completely exposed to the public. We felt uncomfortable. There is a huge resort under construction adjacent to the AN beach, Royalton Negril. Expect foot traffic to increase exponentially when this resort opens in fall 2016.
    Do you go during busy season? I only ask because last June there was like 10 couples max over there, very little foot traffic except vendors who I think at this point have literally seen it all. As long as nobody could stop, stare, and critique me I'm not really bothered by passers by in the water or walking. I could see how a totally private area like CTI's island would be awesome, if only the beach itself didn't pale in comparison. At the same time I don't know if I'd be into a social nude scene in w/ a swim up bar.

But like you said it's still hard to go wrong, it's couples and it's Jamaica!

As others said, there is a lot of information in the Au Natural section on this.

We have been to CSS and CN. CSS is better for facilities but CN is better for Beach and Ocean. People do walk the waterline at CN but if you stay up near back of the area they will never see you. Security does a good job of encouraging gawkers to move on. If you are worried about getting to the water, you just wrap your float around you as you walk in. Minimal exposure. Also at CSS, the first few feet is public just like at CN and we did have local fisherman walk the beach one day when we were there. Overall you cannot go wrong with either resort in our opinion. In fact we are going to both this November. That is how equal they are in our mind.