Thread: Hello all!!!

Default Hello all!!!

Ok, I'm new to the forum as you all can see and I've got 359 questions, I won't ask them all at once though. I've been reading this forum for the past week trying to do all the research I can before I reserve me and my girlfriend dream vacation. My first question is, what is the best months to go to Jamaica? I'm meaning as far as weather, rates, and possible smaller crowds. I really appreciate the fact that this forum even exists. Please help out a "newbie". Thank you.

August is low season , less crowded, less costly, but hot and in hurricane season. That is when we go and we love it then.

Any month seems to be a great month to go, Late December, January, February are the most expensive. We have never been during Spring Break season or June and July.

From our travels it seems that September was the lowest occupancy and the weather was beautiful BUT that is hurricane season

We seem to always go during hurricane season as it is less costly and generally the weather is beautiful. We arrived in Negril last year at the same time as hurricane Joaquin. 2 windy days with waves and one morning of thunder showers. I asked the person at the egg station if it was liquid sunshine and she just laughed at me and said "Mylady, it is a hurricane...no beach for you today" We laughed, enjoyed our breakfast, ate a brownie and sat at the bar patio all day long just watching the waves....the storm was basically over by afternoon and the sunset was beautiful!
    Don't look at the forecast....you are going to the Tropics....it will be warm with a chance of rain every day. We generally visit during September/October and only that one day during Joaquin prevented us from enjoying the water.
    Gene and Jeanne
    CSS October 2012, 2013, 2014, 2016, 2017
    CSS/CTI October 2018

we are about to go to a Couples resort for our third June trip. We have also gone in late Oct. It was a bit rainier then, but within lobster season and during the lowest rate time (hurricane season). But going so late in hurricane season we felt pretty good about it. The holidays through about March seems to be the highest rate time (and I assume more crowded). Summer is cheaper but will have honeymooners/wedding parties.

CSS only has 150 rooms, 300 people tops! We go in October, off season, best pricing. There are still 40-50 people in the SSB pool/beach on a daily basis.

Thank you all that has replied. I'm planning on booking our trip for late October. That is between both of our birthdays and just two months after our anniversary (still dating). What are all of y'all thoughts on the deluxe beachfront rooms? Worth it?

Quote Originally Posted by hunterman927 View Post
    Thank you all that has replied. I'm planning on booking our trip for late October. That is between both of our birthdays and just two months after our anniversary (still dating). What are all of y'all thoughts on the deluxe beachfront rooms? Worth it?
    not sure which resort you are going to - we did a beach suite at CSS for our honeymoon. The larger bathroom and jacuzzi was quite nice but we only used it once.........mostly because I was like we paid for this, we HAVE to use it! At CN, we've always stuck with the garden room. We decided that we would rather spend the extra $$ on an extra night (or 2!) instead of on a nicer room that we are really only in to sleep and change. And since we usually have the shades closed while doing those things.......the view doesn't much matter to us. I've actually come to like the garden view, makes it feel more private.

You will LOVE the beachfront rooms, the only place that I would stay. They are closer to most everything

We have gone from November to May. The best weather we ever had was in December. Jan-March is the busy season and the resorts seem to be more full. I am realizing that the Negril side is a bit warmer and less rain/wind. But thats just my observation.

Life is good

send me an email, I'll send you pics

dadofsprout5 at gmail

Joe

My opinion is, I'm hardly in my room, so why pay for beachfront? We had an awesome balcony overlooking the spa area last June, and I hope to get similar this June. Honestly, it's hard to go wrong with any level of room. If you have the money to spare, go for it. Would the difference make up another day you could stay? That's what I take into consideration.

Any which way it's an amazing place.

Quote Originally Posted by JEANNEW View Post
    We seem to always go during hurricane season as it is less costly and generally the weather is beautiful. We arrived in Negril last year at the same time as hurricane Joaquin. 2 windy days with waves and one morning of thunder showers. I asked the person at the egg station if it was liquid sunshine and she just laughed at me and said "Mylady, it is a hurricane...no beach for you today" We laughed, enjoyed our breakfast, ate a brownie and sat at the bar patio all day long just watching the waves....the storm was basically over by afternoon and the sunset was beautiful!
    Don't look at the forecast....you are going to the Tropics....it will be warm with a chance of rain every day. We generally visit during September/October and only that one day during Joaquin prevented us from enjoying the water.
    @JEANNEW : We were there too at that time (and go every year in October). We still sat on the beach too, watched the angry sea and still had a wonderful time! I'm sure we passed each other! ��������. Oct 5-12, 2016 can't come soon enough!

HUNTERMAN927: Enjoy your trip!

Our first three years we booked the Deluxe Beachfront rooms and it did have a good view of the bay. Then in 2014 we changed to the garden view to offset the rising costs of the rooms. The change in room category did not change how much we enjoy going to CN.
    Then in 2015 we changed from May to August for our vacation because that is when the lowest rates for the rooms start. That is during hurricane season but we really did not see any difference in the possibility of afternoon showers popping up. Also not really a noticeable difference in temp.

Quote Originally Posted by mootisher View Post
    @JEANNEW : We were there too at that time (and go every year in October). We still sat on the beach too, watched the angry sea and still had a wonderful time! I'm sure we passed each other! ��������. Oct 5-12, 2016 can't come soon enough!

HUNTERMAN927: Enjoy your trip!
    We actually enjoyed watching the waves (I am sure the brownie helped) but the storm forced us to really slow down, relax and enjoy!
    See you at the beach!!!
    Gene and Jeanne
    CSS October 2012, 2013, 2014, 2016, 2017
    CSS/CTI October 2018

We've been in May and June. Last June we asked and they said it was about 80% occupancy but it didn't seem crowded at all. We are going in June again this year.

Quote Originally Posted by msbeachbum22 View Post
    Our first three years we booked the Deluxe Beachfront rooms and it did have a good view of the bay. Then in 2014 we changed to the garden view to offset the rising costs of the rooms. The change in room category did not change how much we enjoy going to CN.
    Then in 2015 we changed from May to August for our vacation because that is when the lowest rates for the rooms start. That is during hurricane season but we really did not see any difference in the possibility of afternoon showers popping up. Also not really a noticeable difference in temp.
    I thought they were inquiring about CSS, we like the beachfront rooms there better because of the location. At CN the rooms are in the same building as Ocean View, not really that much difference to us, You are correct, you do not spend that much time in the room or you should not spend that much time in the room.

We enjoy mid December in Negril. It's after Hurricane Season which ends November 30. It's before high season so the rates are lower. But it's close enough to high season that it's picking up enough that all the restaurants and bars in Negril are open. Some close during slow season. It felt a little strange our first time seeing Christmas decorations around and it being so warm. No white Christmas on the Island, Mon. Just Christmas breezes!!!
    Happy & Safe Travels!

=