Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Endorphin Rush

Default Endorphin Rush

Does anyone else get that endorphin rush / aahh moment when they finally reach their couples resort? For Deb and I, the long anticipation of our trip is over when we reach CTI in the foyer, doors open, island in view, staff greets us with a cold yummy drink and cool wet wash cloth... The realization that the next week or so belongs to you and your soulmate. It's one of the most fulfilled moments of our trip!! This will be the 4th time we will being experiencing this.. It never gets old!! June 11th we will be home and experiencing the rush!!
    Cheers everyone!!
    Ken and Deb
    CTI 2012 CSS 2013 CTI 2015 CTI 2016

Yes we do get that rush but it is in the airport when we get out of customs and walk around the corner and see the Couples lounge!!

Quote Originally Posted by Island Lovers View Post
    Does anyone else get that endorphin rush...
    Heck yeah! I LOVE walking into the CN lobby and getting that elevated view of the pool, beach and Bloody Bay (I think it is the best arrival view at Couples...though yet to see the CTI view). The excitement of turning left off of Norman Manley Boulevard (coming from Negril Aerodrome), up the curved drive and being greeted at the lobby...I can picture it clear as day. 3 more sleeps!

We sure do, every time we enter the lobby at CSA we exclaim, "we are home"!

We Do! getting off the shuttle and feeling the warm breeze cutting through the lobby from the sea and hearing "welcome home" from Kirk and or Byron does it every time. Can't wait til August

From the first time in 1995 to our upcoming 40th visit in two days, there is always that marvelous moment. Just as y ou turn the corner onto the drivway at CTI. Ahhhhhh

We sit on the right side of the plane to get the rush when we first see the island. If your ever on the plane with me, I'm the one wiggling in my seat, wiping tears of joy away

"Yes we do get that rush but it is in the airport when we get out of customs and walk around the corner and see the Couples lounge!! "

Have to agree with Chris& Denny- when all of the concerns over flights, luggage, etc- disappear. Now we're on vacation ! m&s

Quote Originally Posted by redinthehead View Post
    We sit on the right side of the plane to get the rush when we first see the island. If your ever on the plane with me, I'm the one wiggling in my seat, wiping tears of joy away
    I was going to post the same thing. I am the full grown man bouncing in my chair like a little kid with a huge smile on my face and sparkling eyes as I look at my wife, then plastering my face against the window to see more of the mountains or ocean, depending on which side I sit on. 17 days!!!!! (Bounce bounce bounce)

Good grief....how I have enjoyed reading all of your comments regarding the rush you feel!!! This thread has been a delight to read. Yes, I too get that Couples Rush when arriving in lovely Jamaica. We will be returning on April 21 (Couples Negril). I love Couples!!! The only resort we have not yet been to is CTI...but we will get there.....someday. It's all good, once the plane lands. Love the experience at the Couples Lounge at the airport, the ride to the resort....yes, lovely scenery....and the welcome at check in at the resort! Can't wait! Can't wait!

I too have enjoyed this thread. I get excited when we land, but I want to do a little dance when the bus driver says "Welcome Home"!
    Gene and Jeanne
    CSS October 2012, 2013, 2014, 2016, 2017
    CSS/CTI October 2018

We will be on T-10 days tomorrow!!!!!

10 Days! We are so ready!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Chris&Denny View Post
    Yes we do get that rush but it is in the airport when we get out of customs and walk around the corner and see the Couples lounge!!
    I get a big sigh of relief when I turn the corner. We are home now! #13 soon come.

Life is good

We get that rush no matter which resort we visit; they all offer something special excitement.

Resurrecting this thread because I know exactly what is being discussed here! Our upcoming trip in Oct will only be our second time, but I experienced the rush the first time and I know I will again. For us, it begins at the couples lounge after we arrive in Jamaica. From that point on we are giddy like little schoolgirls until we walk into the front lobby at CN. 94 days!
    Julie and David
    CN Oct 2012
    Oct 2016

We do!!! �� Trip #4 to CSA in 92 days!

I get that rush of excitement 3 times every trip. (1) Arriving at the Couples lounge, (2) walking out of the airport to get on the bus... (3) But the best is when I step off the bus at CTI and looking through the beautiful lobby, I can clearly see the sun drenched island just a couple hundred yards in the background. That image is forever burned in my mind!!! Are we lucky or what?
    CTI - 07, 10, 13, 15, 16, 18, 21

We get the rush 2 times. First as we arrive at the Couples lounge and check in. That tells me that everything is irie with our reservation and that we now are in good hands for the next 7 days. All the travel anxiety is gone, no more concerns about missed connections, lost bags, etc. The second time is when we arrive at the CN lobby. The staff is always anxious to get the check in process going, and good on them for that. But we gently ask them for a minute delay as the 2 of us go to the rail that overlooks the pool and that fantastic beach. We just stand there, breathe in the ocean air, take in the view and know that the next 7 days will be spent in the place that is the closet to heaven that we have yet found.

A couple of years ago we did a split stay . 3 days at that Gem resort and 7 days at CTI. We did not like the "GEM" resort at all. ...it was too stuffy and the service was pretentious. When we walked into the lobby of CTI on that fourth morning it really was a physical release of stress and frustration. I felt my body just go AHHHHH! The only problem was that the 7 days flew by!!

We've not yet been but reading these posts and looking through photos, I get that shot of excitement and adrenaline. Never set foot on a Couples Resort but I can already tell the endorphins are going to be rampant boarding the flight in 2 weeks. Can't wait! CTI here we come

Wait until you step off the shuttle and into the lobby!!! 33 days for us!!

Wasn't going to chime in but... First when the plane touches down, next with the first Red Stripe in the lounge.. yes I did say First!, Leaving the Airport in the shuttle, Checking in hoping to get our room, Holding my wife's hand walking into the Sea and turning around and looking back at Swept Away!!! One big deep breath and off to the Sunset beach bar and it's Red Stripe time!!! Doesn't get any better than that!!!

We are the same as a poster above.... We get 2 rushes. One when we have landed in Jamaica and arrive at the Couples Lounge, and when we arrive at CN and step off that bus and smell the air, hear the sounds, etc....
    We can't wait to go "home". Mostly everyone we talk to just don't get why we love this chain so much and are returning to the same place... because it is almost indescribable.
    We are counting down to trip 2 now - 74 DAYS TO GO!
    Julie and David
    CN Oct 2012
    Oct 2016

7 more sleeps!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast